NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was just out of tge blue that threw me off with your comment. No one else said anything. Then boom you posted thst up. Pretty ****e if you ask me.

Good luck with your sales buddy. I've built and sold loads of xeno costumes in the past. That's talent.

Bri

yes... constructive criticism...thats why ive grown as an artist because i can take the good and bad i have sold 77 of these eggs so far and got one complaint ( paint wore off)

There doesn't need to be any kind of battle here, but you hadn't offered in constructive critisism, as I remember you just said they looked bad. Constructive would be saying what you don't like about it, and offering up ideas for improvement.

There doesn't need to be any kind of battle here, but you hadn't offered in constructive critisism, as I remember you just said they looked bad. Constructive would be saying what you don't like about it, and offering up ideas for improvement.

OK they look like they need to be re sculpted from scratch with a more realistic look to them in scale.
i redid mine four time till i got it right. the latex is too lumpy and soft looks like fluff, maybe a lil thinner at the base...and tendrils...add tendrils.

OK they look like they need to be re sculpted from scratch with a more realistic look to them in scale.
i redid mine four time till i got it right. the latex is too lumpy and soft looks like fluff, maybe a lil thinner at the base...and tendrils...add tendrils.

There are loads of detail on them. There are also tendrils at tge bottom too. Tge scale is perfectly matched to the NECA figures also. I've owned actual eggs from the movie. I collect a lot of this stuff. End of the day you attacked my work without a reason. It was very random too.

Let's put this to bed and plod on.

Bri

Ok I took more pictures, this time using my camera. I used my mobile to upload pictures the last time.

Is this better? :dunno

Ta

Bri:yess:

IDK what you guys complain about, these eggs look great, the sculpt is definitely spot on, they are in scale, the paint job is pretty good.

Although, some personal preference gripes I might have are that maybe you could make them without the "base", just the egg shaped sculpts would be better, and maaaaaybe a bit darke of a paint job with a slight "wet" finish, again, these are criticisms based on personal preference.

And maybe the 1st egg, I really don't know if that egg is supposed to be open or if someone blew it away, but the closed egg definetly looks great.

sorry they still look like crap to me -just to me.. just being honest.
the texture looks like slashes it, should have a more organic look to it.

sorry they still look like crap to me -just to me.. just being honest.
the texture looks like slashes it, should have a more organic look to it.

I think a darker and wet finish on the paint could give it that organic look to it.

EDIT: Oh wow, I just looked at your eggs Reverend (no pun intended :lol) and sorry to say it but BugZ's eggs are better imo, the sculpt in yours is a bit weirdly elongated, while BugZ's is just spot on, BUT, the paint job in yours is more natural and organic.

No l-lomo :lol, not trying to start anything, just being honest.

Last edited:
The base is the main problem. There's no distinction between the egg and the base, which makes it look a bit blobish.

Alien-ReplicaEgg1.jpg

Sculpt that shape first, and then add the base as a second add on.

157p4yr.jpg

And then color it completely different. It needs to look like it was laid, and then the tendrils set it up right.

I think I will stick to what I have guys. Thanks though. I have also took on board what you have said.

Just my take on the egg. :)

Bri

Loving these xenos. You can get some great poses.

I hope neca make the dog alien. That would look amazing! :D

Bri

EDIT: Oh wow, I just looked at your eggs Reverend (no pun intended :lol) and sorry to say it but BugZ's eggs are better imo, the sculpt in yours is a bit weirdly elongated, while BugZ's is just spot on, BUT, the paint job in yours is more natural and organic.

No l-lomo :lol, not trying to start anything, just being honest.

Agreed. Neither of them are really perfect and you guys are both artists just trying to put out the best thing you possibly can. This isn't worth calling eachother's work "crap" over (which obviously isn't constructive).

Back