NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could just make generic marines for canon fodder? They could make the movie marines without weapons and then just mix and match.

yeah...stefanfolkins nailed it. A while back, I asked randy about the idea of doing a pulse rifle replica and he basically said what stefanfolkins said. anti-gun folks...neca being a toy company...too realistic...etc. etc. Gotta love the new neutered America. :slap

back on topic. cant wait for series 1 as well!

That sucks. I have the Grindhouse Cherry's Gun and the Robocop Auto9 and for the price I got them at they are great. (was not expecting half a gun for cherry's though)
I was hoping for NECA to keep at it with the weapon replicas.
Funny it never occurred to me that they could do the pulse rifle but that is because I already have 2 and a flamethrower. We need the lifesize Smart Gun though! :pigfly:

yeah...stefanfolkins nailed it. A while back, I asked randy about the idea of doing a pulse rifle replica and he basically said what stefanfolkins said. anti-gun folks...neca being a toy company...too realistic...etc. etc. Gotta love the new neutered America. :slap

back on topic. cant wait for series 1 as well!

It's amazing that the US can be so strict on gun replicas and yet so lax on the real thing. Crazy place.

Yeah I don't believe it... seems like every time I hear a product manager say they can't make the replicas there is another company pumping out the weapon replicas. look at HCG for example.

Well that is a shame.. even though I don't quiet get it.. Neca has done Gears of War - Lancer replica. That thing had a mounted chainsaw and blood all over the place :lol yet it sold well, same with a Retro Lancer.. Funny world we live in.. :cuckoo:

It's amazing that the US can be so strict on gun replicas and yet so lax on the real thing. Crazy place.

I guess it has to do with being made by a "toy Company" and being able to be sold anywhere/any toy stores?

I think it is kind of dumb. But I can see where the are coming from.

So lax? Clearly you've been buying into the drivel that we don't have any gun laws on the books.

Anyway, politics aside, Evil_Ash talked about a $1K price for a pulse rifle replica. I bought the HCG Pulse Rifle when it came out two years ago and I think it was only $600, plus it had metal shrouds and was probably the best Pulse Rifle replica to come out thus far. It would be cool for NECA to do one for the masses, but I don't think they can hit a price point that would be agreeable with the average NECA buyer. Heck, people were ready to riot when they announced the Predator Trophy Wall with a $60+ price tag.

So lax? Clearly you've been buying into the drivel that we don't have any gun laws on the books.

Anyway, politics aside, Evil_Ash talked about a $1K price for a pulse rifle replica. I bought the HCG Pulse Rifle when it came out two years ago and I think it was only $600, plus it had metal shrouds and was probably the best Pulse Rifle replica to come out thus far. It would be cool for NECA to do one for the masses, but I don't think they can hit a price point that would be agreeable with the average NECA buyer. Heck, people were ready to riot when they announced the Predator Trophy Wall with a $60+ price tag.

yeah but a working airsoft one is about $250. It's not as accurate I know. The NECA replicas I have are just big blocks of Resin from what I can tell so they can make it cheap... Not sure if anyone will want to buy that though lol

Not sure how the Gears of war stuff is... like if they have any moving or seperately molded parts. Also that portal gun is about $250 too I think. $250 too much? Maybe it is for something that has already been done by other companies a few times though.

...because many actors are arrogant and self-important. many have "causes". perhaps those "causes" conflict with plastic freaking toys??? i dunno.
I cant understand why al mathews would decline based on the usual problem area (guns)...he was in the military. Hope he consents and we get an apone. the thing is, its going to be done right if necas doing it. Those concerns should be out the window after seeing hicks and hudson. maybe neca is purposefully knocking our hopes down real low, only to blow us out of the water w an apone and vasquez announcement (and freaking shaw! grrrrr!)

Is that any different then someone getting mad at them due to their own belief's?

You aren't Sigourney Weaver. If she doesn't want a toy made out of her character, she has the right. It's HER likeness. Not yours.

Hate to break it to you, but most adults do not understand this hobby. They believe all toys are made for children. So their excuse is valid. They don't approve of it. So what. It's not selfish. It's their right. It's their most basic right...I mean...they're signing off themselves basically.

I personally don't blame the actors. I blame the toy companies for not demonstrating how 'adult' and business focused they are by PAYING THEM!!! To me, the odd exchanges and quotes from the actors seem to imply the toy companies are either not actually attempting to work out deals or are not bringing real offers.

My vibe (and again, its only my "vibe") is the toy companies seem to think just because an actor or actress isnt a super star or isnt currently working that they can low ball them. I'm not saying they all deserve "Arnold" money. Or even Biehn and Paxton money. But whatever the toy companies are bringing to the table, clearly it isn't getting it done. Maybe not with Ms. Weaver who has such public anti-gun stances and plenty of money, but I bet the other actors and actresses would be much more willing to lend their likeness if they were fairly compensated. Money talks. Many times it talks over 'personal stances'.

So to Neca and Hot Toys I say "Pony Up!!!" If it raises the figure prices a dollar or three to me for a Rolston, Mathews, Goldstein (and some day Steedman, Tipping, Hiller, Kash, Ross, Hope, and Scott?!) faces on the marines, I for one, WILL HAPPILY PAY IT!!

Is that any different then someone getting mad at them due to their own belief's?

You aren't Sigourney Weaver. If she doesn't want a toy made out of her character, she has the right. It's HER likeness. Not yours.

Hate to break it to you, but most adults do not understand this hobby. They believe all toys are made for children. So their excuse is valid. They don't approve of it. So what. It's not selfish. It's their right. It's their most basic right...I mean...they're signing off themselves basically.

completely agree with you. never said they were being selfish. It is, absolutely, their right! I just laugh at the hypocrisy of some actors. If weaver was so passionate about guns, she should have turned down the countless millions she was offered to do aliens. Clearly her passion is at the mercy of $ and circumstance. Having said that, obviously these folks have the right to do what they wish with their likeness. no problems there.

Well, she didn't know about the guns until she got on set. Her mistake.

Regardless...she's an actor. And sometimes you have to do things you aren't totally comfortable with. She had a passion to do this film. The guns wasn't a part she enjoyed, but she understood why the character needed it.

completely agree with you. never said they were being selfish. It is, absolutely, their right! I just laugh at the hypocrisy of some actors. If weaver was so passionate about guns, she should have turned down the countless millions she was offered to do aliens. Clearly her passion is at the mercy of $ and circumstance. Having said that, obviously these folks have the right to do what they wish with their likeness. no problems there.

yeah.... how many guns were used in Avatar? Technically Avatar was violent, well, it had its violent moments. They even made toys of her from Avatar...
I mean, why do Alien 3, or 4 for that matter?
for someone so "anti-gun" she has done some pretty violent movies in the past. I guess money talks.

I mean... WTF?:

62_1.jpg

Last edited:
that figure in no way uses her likeness haha..looks nothing like her, so hasbro could make a figure

so why can't Neca do this?

and, yeah the figure doesn't look like her, but like I said, for someone so "anti-gun" she sure has some interesting roles in violent movies. Im' just saying...

yeah but they like to keep accurate or not do it at all (its a little different with un-named marines) but to do a ripley that DOESNT have weaver's likeness would be like doing Dutch or Hicks without their likeness...then its NOT Dutch if its not arnold schwartzenegger, not to mention EVERYONE would complain that the ripley figure's likeness sucks

yeah but they like to keep accurate or not do it at all (its a little different with un-named marines) but to do a ripley that DOESNT have weaver's likeness would be like doing Dutch or Hicks without their likeness...then its NOT Dutch if its not arnold schwartzenegger, not to mention EVERYONE would complain that the ripley figure's likeness sucks

that part is true. Everyone would be saying that.

as far as not being Ripley without her likeness, that might be the case but I Would rather have Generic Looking Ripley than no Ripley at all. :dunno

I don't know. Right now we will never get Ripley, but If NECA wanted to do it without the likeness I would buy it.

what mean is that I would care more about having a figure of the character than the likeness of the actress itself.

Kinda like this:

oDNHaBp.jpg

I don't really think that looks like her (at all) But, they made the figure, and it was available to anyone that wanted it.

Last edited:
Back