NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They do have a unique look to them. If you figure they preds populated that planet with eggs on purpose to set up the hunt, then the aliens almost certainly came from a host no human has ever seen. They quite literally could have come from anything. I personally love the unique angle.

*side rant: This is another reason why I think movie "accuracy" of 'aliens' and 'predators' is so overrated. For specific characters, obsessing over the details is great, BUT if you look at the aliens and predators as 'species' and not 'specific characters', then not only is it plausible that they have near infinite variations, but they SHOULD! ** end rant.
(Not aimed at anyone, btw. Just sayin'...)

They do have a unique look to them. If you figure they preds populated that planet with eggs on purpose to set up the hunt, then the aliens almost certainly came from a host no human has ever seen. They quite literally could have come from anything. I personally love the unique angle.

*side rant: This is another reason why I think movie "accuracy" of 'aliens' and 'predators' is so overrated. For specific characters, obsessing over the details is great, BUT if you look at the aliens and predators as 'species' and not 'specific characters', then not only is it plausible that they have near infinite variations, but they SHOULD! ** end rant.
(Not aimed at anyone, btw. Just sayin'...)

That doesn't really say anything about the accuracy of figures though - only that the movie designs should be varied, which they are. The figures absolutely ought to be as accurate as possible to what the movies presented. Its not up to a toymaker to decide how it should look.

That doesn't really say anything about the accuracy of figures though - only that the movie designs should be varied, which they are. The figures absolutely ought to be as accurate as possible to what the movies presented. Its not up to a toymaker to decide how it should look.

I hear you. And like I said, if you want "that" character it should be accurate and I think I painted with too broad a brush when I said they "should" be varied. Your right its not the toy makers roll. I think what I meant was variations should be expected and appreciated for what they are (simply cool examples, within a universe that has established countless variations might occur) without the hate.

I guess for me, this came to a head specifically from the McFarlane Queen and Hot Toys Warriors. I like them both yet people trash them mercilessly as "inaccurate". The fact it wasnt THAT queen that got blown out the airlock doesn't bother me at all. The fact the hot toys warrior doesn't look exactly like the one that grabbed Newt doesnt mean its a 'bad' warrior (its fragile PITA joints and crap paint might, but not its look :wink1:)

Maybe I'm the bad guy here that doesnt mind 'idealized' figures over '100% screen accurate' figures, but to me the expanded universe idea of these guys (Aliens and Predators especially) out and about is cooler to me than a literal translation of a character (a dead character at that).

*(That said...I'm know I'm a big fat hypocrite because they better not monkey around with my marines and if they do I will lose my mind!!! So...yeah. Hypocrisy and an unpopular stance? Yeah I'm prepared to get flamed).

Last edited:
I hear you. And like I said, if you want "that" character it should be accurate and I think I painted with too broad a brush when I said they "should" be varied. Your right its not the toy makers roll. I think what I meant was variations should be expected and appreciated for what they are (simply cool examples, within a universe that has established countless variations might occur) without the hate.

I guess for me, this came to a head specifically from the McFarlane Queen and Hot Toys Warriors. I like them both yet people trash them mercilessly as "inaccurate". The fact it wasnt THAT queen that got blown out the airlock doesn't bother me at all. The fact the hot toys warrior doesn't look exactly like the one that grabbed Newt doesnt mean its a 'bad' warrior (its fragile PITA joints and crap paint might, but not its look :wink1:)

Maybe I'm the bad guy here that doesnt mind 'idealized' figures over '100% screen accurate' figures, but to me the expanded universe idea of these guys (Aliens and Predators especially) out and about is cooler to me than a literal translation of a character (a dead character at that).

*(That said...I'm know I'm a big fat hypocrite because they better not monkey around with my marines and if they do I will lose my mind!!! So...yeah. Hypocrisy and an unpopular stance? Yeah I'm prepared to get flamed).

well, if they are making toys from the movies they Need to be accurate. You are buying a toy from your favorite movie so it should be as accurate as they can make it.

Now, if they are coming with their own idea for a character then, yes it can be idealized. You are combining two different things here.
The Aliens in The Last Stand are not from any movie, so it doesn't matter if they are original concepts for the looks of the creature. They are original styles.

Look at the Samurai Predator. That is a good example of an original idea made from a famous character (the Predator)

I do get what you are saying. but toys from movies and original creative concepts from famous characters are different things.

The reason the Queen sucked is because they were supposed to copy the look of the creature in the movie. McFarlane was not coming up with his own idea for an Alien Queen. He was supposed to give us a toy close to what we saw on the movie. That was the job.

But If he wanted to make a Queen based on his ideas, then yeah, it would be interesting to see it.

well, if they are making toys from the movies they Need to be accurate. You are buying a toy from your favorite movie so it should be as accurate as they can make it.

Now, if they are coming with their own idea for a character then, yes it can be idealized. You are combining two different things here.
The Aliens in The Last Stand are not from any movie, so it doesn't matter if they are original concepts for the looks of the creature. They are original styles.

Look at the Samurai Predator. That is a good example of an original idea made from a famous character (the Predator)

I do get what you are saying. but toys from movies and original creative concepts from famous characters are different things.

The reason the Queen sucked is because they were supposed to copy the look of the creature in the movie. McFarlane was not coming up with his own idea for an Alien Queen. He was supposed to give us a toy close to what we saw on the movie. That was the job.

But If he wanted to make a Queen based on his ideas, then yeah, it would be interesting to see it.

:goodpost::exactly::lecture

The man speaks truth.

Wish they'd hurry up and show us the Queen.

:exactly:

This is awesome
AVP1.jpg

More on the One Sixth Republic Facebook page.

That looks sweet!!! Can't wait to see it finished! :yess:

that is either for Drake or Apone

Frost, Ski or Dietrich would be a nice curve ball. But yeah, probably one of those two. BUT to do a deathscene drake will have people screaming shinanigans at the missed opp for a smartgun.

Last edited:
Finally caved and PO'd the first series, I'm far too excited for this line too miss out :lol

Just saw the Flamethrower on FB, so pleased to see they are expanding on the marines.

Didn't they say they will make a generic looking Marine if they don't get the rights?

@crows: correct. Though neca is trying to do apone, if that doesnt work out, neca is going to be releasing a generic "army builder" marine w/ flame unit.

So...as far as the line up for Aliens Series 2, we know: 1) Complete resculpt of the 1979 Giger Alien. 2) Some sort of new marine (either Apone or "generic army builder") w/ flame unit. Any ideas regarding the 3rd figure in series 2? Cant remember if randy has dropped any hints or not. Guesses? Id love to see a legit (and new) marine from Aliens or perhaps someone from Alien.

So the Aliens line won't pertain to just Aliens 2? Wow! So we will have alien1-4? Im pretty excited about that.
I will say, I do want all Colonial Marines. As many aliens as I can get. Dog Alien from 3 is a must. Maybe a plain generic figure with a face hugger sculpt on it face!
Since Neca did a Predator trophy wall, can we get a biomechanics Alien hive wall? Maybe with a Alien coming out of it?

I would think if they're going a generic route, then why not do a generic faced smart gunner? Just because they don't have likeness rights doesn't mean they can't do the uniforms and equipment.

Back