NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stop buying your figures at fye and Tru then LOL. That's where I see crazy prices. I tend to pay $20 to $25. Just ordered the 1/4 Deadpool at $93. The new scarface predator at $22. neca is hands down the best bang for your buck. Of course QC is an issue at times, but I just chat with them on twitter and get a replacement... If available.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I should mention in CANADIAN funds. Our TRU has ALIEN 3 figures for $35.95 and other figures for $39.99. Add in the tax and ****!!!! Way to expensive. I hate going to my collectable store buying three NECA series whatever figures and spending over $100. But then again…….it is what it is. Don’t want to pay then don’t buy it right!!!

I should mention in CANADIAN funds. Our TRU has ALIEN 3 figures for $35.95 and other figures for $39.99. Add in the tax and ****!!!! Way to expensive. I hate going to my collectable store buying three NECA series whatever figures and spending over $100. But then again…….it is what it is. Don’t want to pay then don’t buy it right!!!
Yea you get boned there. What about cmdstore.com? I'm not even sure they carry neca but I've bought from them a lot.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

My #1 rule of thumb for NECA 7” products is “NEVER BUY ONLINE”!!! Paint apps are everywhere, so you really need to go through each one on the pegs. Guys at my collectable store know me as the guy who goes through them all. In my travels I’ve seen Ripley A3 figures with the top lip not painted so she looks like she’s pouting!! I’d be pissed if I received that from a online purchase.

That was my rule of thumb when I collected neca steadily. I would dig up five of the figure I wanted. Knock it down to two and then one. Always after the best paint apps.

That was my rule of thumb when I collected neca steadily. I would dig up five of the figure I wanted. Knock it down to two and then one. Always after the best paint apps.

This being the main reason why NECA will never be considered in the same league as Hot Toys. If Hot Toys gets a component of their figure wrong it's a decision that's been made prior to production, sculpt or materials etc. With NECA their area of weakness is in production. With the turtles, for a $100 figure, if 1 in every 5 has a dodgy eye that's not a good thing. For a $20 then you expect it maybe.

Not trolling but curious. Do you own a HT Hulk or a HT Iron Monger? If so, what's your experience observing that figure? Does it create anxiety as well?
nope, i have nothing from comics except for old heads of Johansson and Biel :lol

You can easily fit all 4 Turtles in one Besta shelf .
6f09ac443b633c8b11d9c8796b16d2c5.jpg

Really??? cuz I see only three quarter scale figures in there and they look pretty crowded.
An the turtles may be a lot shorter than those figures you have that but they're also wider because of their shells

Really??? cuz I see only three quarter scale figures in there and they look pretty crowded.
An the turtles may be a lot shorter than those figures you have that but they're also wider because of their shells
I could easily fit another Predador...os the pic there's plenty of space

Even if all 4 turtles fit in there, I imagine they'd look too squished.
Maybe Yes ?
7b951cfe1fb70e22b11f53f2d8a3b903.jpg
but just saying ...or a shelf from Ikea would do the trick my point is that 1/4 don't take as much space as collector's think they do.

Maybe Yes ?
7b951cfe1fb70e22b11f53f2d8a3b903.jpg
but just saying ...or a shelf from Ikea would do the trick my point is that 1/4 don't take as much space as collector's think they do.
Just an simple 36 inch floating shelf would do the trick

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

when is BBTS getting these in stock?... somebody please tell me

I don't imagine that they even know for sure. ETA still says January, but I bet it's February. Slow boat from China and all that. And who knows what schedules had to be adjusted to have another run done. A lot of project shifting for different companies, that's for sure. They'll come when they come. I just hope they're up to the same quality or better than the first run. :pray:

Every time Im in FYE now and I see Donatello sitting there I feel like buying it. I wouldn't mind having another to keep in the box. Really surprised the FYE stores here still have them.

I don't imagine that they even know for sure. ETA still says January, but I bet it's February. Slow boat from China and all that. And who knows what schedules had to be adjusted to have another run done. A lot of project shifting for different companies, that's for sure. They'll come when they come. I just hope they're up to the same quality or better than the first run. :pray:

Thank you

Back