NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

Yep. Did this awhile back when the figure first came out. This had to be the best Predator I have ever seen made. It's just too bad that the stock factory paint was the limiting factor, but it's understandable for a mass produce figure. Anyhow I have some threads floating around here on the forum if you need to see more of this guy.

that looks really good ,congrats on the repaint,i wish i have the time to repaint my closed mouth P1.
i think the Neca pred.,is the second best looking predator after the Cinemaquette Predator.
do you have pictures from the painting process ?

the jungle hunter pred will come with the trophy, neca confirmed it today on twitter

Might be farfetched - especially for Neca prices - but, here's hoping the spine-skull trophy is "freshly pulled" and not all white or all red. Some nerves and tissue goes a long way, as they say. (Oh, they don't say that? Well, they should.) Kind of like this:

167329.jpg

Might be farfetched - especially for Neca prices - but, here's hoping the spine-skull trophy is "freshly pulled" and not all white or all red. Some nerves and tissue goes a long way, as they say. (Oh, they don't say that? Well, they should.) Kind of like this:

I don't find that to be realistic at all, way too much red sinew.

Unfortunately I've butchered at least a hundred animals and including cleaning freshly de-skinned heads, there is hardly any blood at all. You could GIS, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I don't find that to be realistic at all, way too much red sinew.

Unfortunately I've butchered at least a hundred animals and including cleaning freshly de-skinned heads, there is hardly any blood at all. You could GIS, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I like how you say "unfortunately" like it was an accident... :) Really, though? That's interesting. Guess what I'd appreciate in a freshly pulled [by Predator, not reality] spine is some tissue or nerves on the actual bones.

It can definitely be more white than red for sure though. I remember someone posting a custom skull-spine trophy that had what looked like fresh blood (wet) and chunks of flesh here and there. Although you've got to love the eye in the pic above.

I grew up on a farm and had no choice when the time came to slaughter/butcher animals.

Animal Rendering Plants are also a horror you don't ever want to visit as a child (or at any age).

View attachment 198005

I love gore as much as the next guy, but no way in hell would I display something like that. :lol

With a closed mouthed Jungle Hunter already owned, a City Hunter on its way, and a LED Jungle Hunter pre-ordered, I'm now looking to get stands for these guys. Mostly to avoid unnecessary gravitational drama and/or visits from the Clumsy Fairy.

Is there a model or make in particular that are better/more stable/cooler looking? What stand(s) are you using?

If I recall correctly forumers here used Kaiser doll stands. You can find them on Amazon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a closed mouthed Jungle Hunter already owned, a City Hunter on its way, and a LED Jungle Hunter pre-ordered, I'm now looking to get stands for these guys. Mostly to avoid unnecessary gravitational drama and/or visits from the Clumsy Fairy.

Is there a model or make in particular that are better/more stable/cooler looking? What stand(s) are you using?

I also use Kaiser, but they are not perfect. They are a little high in the center, so my City hunter tends to open his legs (awful choice of words). I found them on eBay at better prices anyway.

cf49d42e852de569b6b352415a81f8dc.jpg

Sent from my BatPad using Tapatalk

I've got Lindon Bears item 005 stands, got them cheap second hand in the UK. Very sturdy, plenty large enough and would be suitable for taller figures too. I did look at Kaiser stands but they do tend to be pricey here in the UK.

Dan

Kaiser, hey? I'll check them out, thanks fellas.

Are there any clear/acrylic stand options out there?

Make your own bro way better more stable
b0d2843790219e80f1a13c938403cc83.jpg

Back