NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and I'll start off by saying tankman's comments (although he definitely deserves praise :rock) could be toned down a bit.

Agreed. Everyone knows tankmans sculpt is the best. Let the pictures do the talking.:)

To me, what stands out the most on the NECA figure when compared to the HT figure is how the look of the body is just... organic, for lack of a better word. It's not quite as unnatural and mechanical as HT's attempt. In no way does this make one better than the other (different markets, once again), mostly because they have different purposes and different selling points. HT is all about poseability and pumping their products full with tons of accessories. NECA will usually give you the bare-bones, but they make sure the bare-bones are all the hardcore purists need to be happy.

The new Pred bodies are better though. Berserker has some love handles, thunder thighs and nice pecks.;)

Maybe NECA and HT should get together to make the definitive Predator collectible figure.:1-1:

it comes separate in the box. same as the 7" figures. any REAL Predator fan would know he didn't have the backpack when he took off the mask and should display him appropriately.

I'll keep my backpack and cannon on as is. Could careless how it happened in the movie has nothing to do with how I want to display my piece. Does not determine whether you are a "real fan" of the movie or not. Its like saying I am not a true Carolina Panthers fan because I don't have a fathead of Steve Smith doing his most recent touchdown grab......but anyone who knows me knows that isn't true.

remember when HT P!1 came out, they were still limited to those bodies that made their heads look huger than normal ...
with the advent of the Berserker, a new body is now thrown into the mix that makes it look more screen accurate...with the bar raised this high via Neca 1/4 hopefully HT gets on it and makes th Classic look good enough to pass for P1 =)

They're okay...

They are pretty awesome. Then again, so is this. Hence, my point written above :) (added some stuff to my speech, including a possible price difference explanation that some of us could benefit from, heh).

Last edited:
Bottom line is: get over your prejudices towards other companies, people, and focus on what aspects of a figure are most important to you. Those who defend NECA's work do so for a reason, and the same applies to HT fans. Can't we all just get along and enjoy the different representations of Predator awesomeness??

I know. Both are completely different products. I'm happy to buy Predator figures from the two companies as they both have positives that I like, whether it be accuracy, accessories etc...

The fact they're different scales is a significant point. The NECA figure may be more accurate but it could end up being pretty much standalone - with only the NECA Alien to keep it company. With 1/6 you get more characters in the same scale.

Hot Toys predator and Neca's 1/4 scale predator are both great figures. Both have highs and lows. I believe everyone is entitled to there opinion but will have to respectfully disagree with anyone who says one or the other is junk. They are both amazing pieces that I am happy to own!

Got my two in today... Masked and closed mouth... I was out of the 18" line and sold them off awhile ago until these. but from the looks of it, if NECA can keep up the quality along with the price I'll be in for all their future Predator releases.......:gah:

The fact they're different scales is a significant point. The NECA figure may be more accurate but it could end up being pretty much standalone - with only the NECA Alien to keep it company. With 1/6 you get more characters in the same scale.

I hope that is bout to change an we will be getting lots more 1/4 predators, come onn neca you can do it, make moreeeeeeeeee

Hot Toys predator and Neca's 1/4 scale predator are both great figures. Both have highs and lows. I believe everyone is entitled to there opinion but will have to respectfully disagree with anyone who says one or the other is junk. They are both amazing pieces that I am happy to own!

Noo neither are junk but with the neca it is like paying for a cavalier and geting a corvettte

I can't believe that at this time tomorrow my Preds will be here! :yess:

Busy day tomorrow, will be taking lots of pics and videos, not to mention probably never putting them down lol.

Never thought tomorrow would come, and I'm not just talking about when I found out these were coming out I'm talking about the last 15 or so years when I began dreaming of owning a large-scale Pred.

I hope to god they make more predators.

Well I think it's a safe bet that these will sell out so the desire for large-scale Preds should be very apparent to Randy and the folks at NECA.

My gut tells me that we will at some point down the line, the next one should obviously be a P2 Pred in 1/4. :horror

Back