NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

Looks awesome, I just wish they didn't go with blast marks on the Bio. Looks much better without it IMO.

Neca.jpg
yep. blast mark on the helmet looks bad as usual. i've never seen it look right on anything besides the actual prop on screen. i'd rather just not have it on there.

It's curious that they actually have the blast mark. I thought Tankman had mentioned that they weren't going to include it. Nevertheless, it's an extremely minor issue, and can be fixed easily. Looks great so far.

Love it. Still not sure what version to get and its bugging me. Hopefully we will be able to pop the heads off easily and do a switcheroo if we buy different head variants.

I recall Tankman saying the figures may not have the blast marks. If that is the case, then the loose heads on the left are the factory samples, and the paintmasters are the full figures. But that is just a guess.

i'm just glad it's painted on instead of sculpted into the helmet like HT and Kenner did.

Love it. Still not sure what version to get and its bugging me. Hopefully we will be able to pop the heads off easily and do a switcheroo if we buy different head variants.

The heads on the 7" version pop off pretty easily, hopefully the big version won't be any different.

The heads on the 7" version pop off pretty easily, hopefully the big version won't be any different.

Paying all that money for 2 figures just to get the extra heads seems alot but it might be the best way. That way you can just interchange the heads depending what mood you are in. Just means having 2 unwanted bodies.

Blast marks are a bummer, but the overall helmet looks great! As far as the unmasked version goes, I like what I see. It'd be nice to get a bit more detail off the paintmaster onto the factory apps (since the mandible area is looking a bit bare). Still, it's the best NECA paint I've ever seen. Can't wait for more updates, and of course, the final thing!

Blast marks are a bummer, but the overall helmet looks great! As far as the unmasked version goes, I like what I see. It'd be nice to get a bit more detail off the paintmaster onto the factory apps (since the mandible area is looking a bit bare). Still, it's the best NECA paint I've ever seen. Can't wait for more updates, and of course, the final thing!

Yeah, I hope they add some more detail to the mandible area. That was the problem with the 7" figure. You can tell they are just stuck on and they haven't even tried to disguise the fact they are either.

It'd be nice to get more brown forehead spotting. Seems like they just speckled it on the edges, but once again, it's a total steal at $80. I can't help but be impressed.

Really pumped to see some shots of the roaring headsculpt, since it'll emphasize the eyes, which we still have't seen.

Agreed. They're a little too white. A hair more dotting and some light brown tinting would really finish them off.

From NECAs Twitter. Paintmaster vs factory samples.

Predatorneca.jpg

Neca.jpg

Anyone know if the proofs are painted with factory application in mind, or do they paint them to look as nice as possible? Seems like they'd have to try to paint them with the same number of colors and application techniques the factory would use, or the factory would never come close.

And, since I'm asking noob questions already, do people sit there in the factory and paint all these figures by hand or do they use some sort of machinery to do most of it?

Back