NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

I really need to preorder this guy...any suggestions other than BBTS? Don't really care for them, but I will order from them if I have to...

its lookin real good, this will be the best 80 bucks i've spent in a long time.....

hes looking quite pale in that picture. :dunno

Agreed, without the master to compare to, I thought it was the coloring of the photo. It doesn't ruin the figure, it still looks great, but it is a hair on the pale side, but more importnatly, the detailing of the paint looks good, where we more likely could have had the right primary skintone and crappy detailing, so at least if there had to be error in painting, it's something minor like this.

Agreed, without the master to compare to, I thought it was the coloring of the photo. It doesn't ruin the figure, it still looks great, but it is a hair on the pale side, but more importnatly, the detailing of the paint looks good, where we more likely could have had the right primary skintone and crappy detailing, so at least if there had to be error in painting, it's something minor like this.

Tankman said they're still tweaking it. That may be an area they'll work on, add some color.

Once again that close mouth version is top notch.

Our latest test shot showed up today and I can say both open and closed mouth heads are nice but his eyes have too much white and need to be darker. Fun thing is China left the tubes off his chest and left arm. I must say though they really did a great job on the mouth area and I'm feeling really good about how nice this might turn out. The left knee isn't all the way in but all in all the joints work very well. This thing feels and looks like a piece of art and I'm looking at all the small ones on my desk think what pieces of crap. Looking at this piece I'm feeling so glad I bulked up his mid body some. One of the guys said to him it looks almost like a movie prop looking at it across the room. Man oh man I'm dreaming and so geeking out right now.

Inner mouth area seem a little bubble gum pink. Could be a bit paler IMO, but I still loooove it.

Paying all that money for 2 figures just to get the extra heads seems alot but it might be the best way. That way you can just interchange the heads depending what mood you are in. Just means having 2 unwanted bodies.

I was thinking about ordering 2 of them. I would keep both heads, but then sell the extra body on eBay or to another member for modding. Even without the head I am sure I could still get some decent money.

The mandible/nose area is very pale and the mouth is a little too (like someone else said) bubble gum pinkish. But for what we get, thats not a problem at all.
After getting the 18 inch NECA Alien, I know for sure i'll be buying all 3 of these.

Inner mouth area seem a little bubble gum pink. Could be a bit paler IMO, but I still loooove it.

You're dead on with this and the piece we got today doesn't have the bubble gum look. Funny that was just what our painter said about the gums. The new test shot looks much better now with the color on his gums and the inter mouth itself is very nice now.

Here is my attempt at color correcting the images (they were very blue) and revealing more details. These are probably too brown, but a tad closer to reality.

Words can not express how excited I am about these figures.

Predator_NECA1.jpg

Predator_NECA2.jpg

Predator_NECA3.jpg

Last edited:

all man i preoreder the open mouth but after these pics im feeling the closed mouth better... any pics of the open mouth yet??

Here is my attempt at color correcting the images (they were very blue) and revealing more details. These are probably too brown, but a tad closer to reality.

Words can not express how excited I am about these figures.

Predator_NECA1.jpg

That looks alot better.

all man i preoreder the open mouth but after these pics im feeling the closed mouth better... any pics of the open mouth yet??

Not yet, but hopefully soon...

Back