NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

How come they didnt make it with interchangeable heads?

$$$ A single figure at the price they'd probably charge for it coming with all 3 wouldn't sell very well, you'd probably be looking at $100+ for it, even $80 is going to narrow the market down, but at least their chances are better. This way, those wanting all 3, as this thread has shown, will willing spend $200 or so on 3 separate figures, but the single figure is still cheap enough to sell to those with tight budgets.

From NECAs Twitter. Paintmaster vs factory samples.

Predatorneca.jpg

Neca.jpg

Very beautiful job! I love it! :panic: :yess:

Not that anyone will know for sure yet (or is it obvious), but this guy must come "unassembled" like the 18'' Neca Alien right? Hope they do a better job as it seems like its one hell of a task in trying to assemble the 18'' alien (joints too stiff, sockets to small plug in legs, and etc)

Last edited:

I don't think this one comes unassembled. Tankman said he comes fully-built, so the box will be huge.

Perhaps it is the prospect, but the face of the predator of the film seems 'crushed'. In any case, the sculpture of NECA has no rival for value for money.

Perhaps it is the prospect, but the face of the predator of the film seems 'crushed'. In any case, the sculpture of NECA has no rival for value for money.

Do you mean his mouth looks more "closed"?
If so, I agree.
And yeah, the NECA sculpture has no rival in terms of value for money.
Even the paint job looks a lot more accurate than Hot Toys.

Last edited:

You can heat up the mandibles and make them look exactly like the shot of the movie above. I did it with the 7" fig. As for the paint job, yes it looks outstanding, but I am waiting until I see actual production figures before I make any comparisons.

The reason why the closed mandibles are a little more open is because the scene they chose the look from was right after dutch backhanded him, and he flares out his jaws a tiny bit.

The reason why the closed mandibles are a little more open is because the scene they chose the look from was right after dutch backhanded him, and he flares out his jaws a tiny bit.

In my model 7'' is missing a piece of tusk lower left :(

Plus they didn't have to make it so a Bio could go on over the face. HT's Preds have to be able to wear the bio also so they go with a much tighter closed mouth.

In my model 7'' is missing a piece of tusk lower left :(

That's a molding issue. It was probably pulled out of the mold while it was too hot so it got a little bit deformed on that side. It happens from time to time with all brands of toys.

Trust me, it looks a lot better in person.
And that also means that the awesome NECA predator will look insanely good in person! :rock

I've seen the HT in person and it doesn't look better... More impressive, maybe, but otherwise it looks exactly the same.

Back