NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

Better than that of NECA? Probably will require an additional 20 years... when we have joints with the malleable wire inside leather rubber.

Yeah that's what I mean...way into the future. This guy is bound to keep on getting sculpted by talented artists.

NECAs sculpt is the best yet.

P.S. Slightly off topic but is the Predator suit used on the film on display anywhere or is it locked away or just not exist any more?

Let us enjoy both the Hot Toys Classic Predator and this new Neca Predator for what they each stand for.

P.S. Slightly off topic but is the Predator suit used on the film on display anywhere or is it locked away or just not exist any more?

this??
Predator3.jpg

I've seen the HT in person and it doesn't look better... More impressive, maybe, but otherwise it looks exactly the same.

I have to disagree.
Mine looks a lot better in person
110123-204536.jpg

Still not as good as the NECA, obviously, but WAY better than it looks in that comparison pic.

I'm with TFG on this. The HT P1 is indeed an awesome figure, sporting a sweet sculpt and paint apps. Not entirely accurate, but definitely worth the money with the amount of extra features and overall quality.

This NECA P1 is undoubtedly more accurate, but has less extras and will probably not reach the standards of HT paint apps. It still looks awesome, and even if it were priced at $100, it would be a steal. Ultimately, each of these two pieces has its merits, so pick your favorite, buy both, or forget about comparing them. If we're all getting the NECA anyway (even the HT fans), then it's all good.

the HT figure looks nice if you just take the time to fix the dreads. my main issues with it are the mask and the shoulder cannon. Baloo fixed the mask.

I'm with TFG on this. The HT P1 is indeed an awesome figure, sporting a sweet sculpt and paint apps. Not entirely accurate, but definitely worth the money with the amount of extra features and overall quality.

This NECA P1 is undoubtedly more accurate, but has less extras and will probably not reach the standards of HT paint apps. It still looks awesome, and even if it were priced at $100, it would be a steal. Ultimately, each of these two pieces has its merits, so pick your favorite, buy both, or forget about comparing them. If we're all getting the NECA anyway (even the HT fans), then it's all good.

Yeah, exactly.
Both have their ups and downs.
I dont see why people feel the need to put one or the other down.
They are both excellent in different ways...Which is why I will have both.:hi5:

Just saying the HT P1 looks exactly the same as it does in pics. I'll admit it may seem more impressive in your hands, but all figures generally do.

Probably all of them? If they don't like it they don't own it... :dunno
i own it and i don't have any delusions about its accuracy. that's not to say i don't like it. i liked it enough to pay $180+shipping. but i'll probably like NECA's more once i get it in my hands.

I wonder what % of people who don't like Hot Toys P1 are the ones who don't own it?

I dont own it because I didn't like the promo pics and becausE I didnt care for the in hand pictures. Well, nothing is wrong with the picture quality, I mean I didnt like what I saw in the photos.

Back