NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!! It has changed a lot over the years. Lots of pieces have come and gone. But I have decided to streamline my collection. Funny thing is, Neca Pred was not on my list but it was just to great a piece to pass up!

great display my friend, your bio should be with you within 7/10 days, it will round your display off nicely, nice room too:clap

A Big thanks goes out to the following Freaks!!

Reefer Shark - He told me that I could find the same round base he had for his Predator at Walmart!!!

What is the name is the name of the black round wallmart base? What isle can i find it in?

I'm interested in picking them up for my NECA 18" collection.

What is the name is the name of the black round wallmart base? What isle can i find it in?

I'm interested in picking them up for my NECA 18" collection.

Well I probably shoud not tell ou this since you said the the orginal Moby **** film was better then JAWS but Feaks need to help each other out no matter how misguided their opinions might be ;)

It would be in the candle section. It's just a candle holding bowl that you turn upside down and then BAM!!!!! Instant base. :)

Well I probably shoud not tell ou this since you said the the orginal Moby **** film was better then JAWS but Feaks need to help each other out no matter how misguided their opinions might be ;)

It would be in the candle section. It's just a candle holding bowl that you turn upside down and then BAM!!!!! Instant base. :)

Thanks Jaws! i really appreciate it.

tumblr_mgs63xjM5N1r1tzc9o1_400.jpg

Here is a repaint I did. Many thanks to Badvermin (netting!) and Wolverenz!! Thanks guys!

alpred3.jpg

alpred2.jpg

alpred5.jpg
Stunning paintjob:)

I thought the original paint was fine and thought people were just being extra saying it needed a repaint, but after seeing yours it makes the stock look pathetic in comparison.
The netting makes a big difference aswell.

Did you use acrylics or airbrush on yours or both?
The armour I can tackle with acrylics, but the body work is a bit daunting for me.

Seriously good though, are you, or have you repainted the pred 2 city hunter?

Yes. And thats exactly why I didn't feel a strong need to see this again. :monkey2

Haha sorry don't want to rub salt in the wounds but it's gorgositity in lizard form:)
Don't like reposting pics that have already been reposted but had to.:thud:
You not thought of repainting yours or getting someone else to?

Haha sorry don't want to rub salt in the wounds but it's gorgositity in lizard form:)
Don't like reposting pics that have already been reposted but had to.:thud:
You not thought of repainting yours or getting someone else to?

I'd have to get someone else to do that. If I ever do its waaaaayyy down the line.

Hmmm. I am Happy with my paint apps overall. If anything I would like to find out how to do the armour ro make it more real and dirty.

I do wonder how many got less then steller paint apps on their Neca. I have two full Preds and the hands and legs on one of them was no where near as good as the other.

Proof that not all Neca paint apps are created equal.

P1160856_zpsd0f82760.jpg

I love these guys. Great pieces and the price is right.
Right now I'm not digging the unmasked City Hunter. I know he had larger teeth/fangs then P1, but they are just too large making them look more like tusks.
I'm going to have to sand them down and sharpen just a tad.

With the armour I'd just go over it with a watered down black acrylic.

Or repaint the predator 1 version with gun metal acrylic first then black wash over the top.
That is a very basic way I do it but maybe practice first on a 7 inch cheap figure if you want to give it a go.;)

With the armour I'd just go over it with a watered down black acrylic.

Or repaint the predator 1 version with gun metal acrylic first then black wash over the top.
That is a very basic way I do it but maybe practice first on a 7 inch cheap figure if you want to give it a go.;)

Thanks.

What is the best way to make a black wash?

These are out in the UK now.I just had the second series of Predator 2 1/4 scale figures in at the shop today.
20130215_123033_zps934325d2.jpg

Last edited:
Back