NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the netting would work ok but it is stretched out way to tightly over the figure. It needs to have some slack in it.

Real fabric netting would be better though, of course.

Imo this would be even worse. Yuck!
It would be much worse. Not only would there probably be paint problems, but it would just look awkward and unrealistic on such a large figure.
I think NECA just needs to up the price, and up the quality. We need real "fabric" netting, like Natrix said.

fear, i'm sorry your netting tore, as far as NECA going cheap on the netting...remember this is a $70-80 1/4 scale action figure. The closest competition is a 1/6 action figure that sells for an easy $200+ (HT), the 1/4 scale SS Maquette that is selling for around $2,000 or the 1/3 scale CineMaquette that sells for $2,000+..

the netting on mine was one little peice. and painted netting would suck. anyway l am kicking myself. l had a chance to get the pred maquette EX this time last year for $1,400 in the next city over from me. don't no why l passed. lots of money l guess.

It would be much worse. Not only would there probably be paint problems, but it would just look awkward and unrealistic on such a large figure.
I think NECA just needs to up the price, and up the quality. We need real "fabric" netting, like Natrix said.

this is what it should of had. the price of this guy should of been $99.99. he should of had fabric netting, fabric groin cloth and hard armour, not the softt rubber armour.

FOR ALL YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT THE NETTING...

I have completely dismantled the figure and have searched for HOURS to find proper netting... try finding 1/4 DIAMOND fish net...if someone does find it, and send it to me, I will gladly pay for it... my next stop is and ADULT COSTUME SHOP or a HUGE fishing and hunting store..

I will agree, the netting is not great. I honestly couldn't imagine NECA trying to hard to make such a great figure approving such weak netting. This is the first attempt at something this big, with some much to it...unlike the alien, we have figure, armor, netting, dreads, little sport brace elbow and knees ties...lol...

My thoughts, something was wrong with the batch of plastic this was made with. The closest thing to this stuff is what holds cheap toys/onions/etc... but then again, those are yellow, orange or green, and not diamond shape.

Ohh well, I will not be giving up.

FOR ALL YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT THE NETTING...

I have completely dismantled the figure and have searched for HOURS to find proper netting... try finding 1/4 DIAMOND fish net...if someone does find it, and send it to me, I will gladly pay for it... my next stop is and ADULT COSTUME SHOP or a HUGE fishing and hunting store..

I will agree, the netting is not great. I honestly couldn't imagine NECA trying to hard to make such a great figure approving such weak netting.

My thoughts, something was wrong with the batch of plastic this was made with. The closest thing to this stuff is what holds cheap toys/onions/etc... but then again, those are yellow, orange or green, and not diamond shape.

Ohh well, I will not be giving up.

l do lots of fishing. if you go to a fishing sports store you can find different sizes of fishing nets, some for small fish, some for bigger. most of them are a diamond shape. l think those would be your best bet. still not perfect but could still look really good. lingerie stores will also let you make head way. l know lots of guy use different sizes of lingerie as netting for 1/6 WW2 helmets and those look good. so they would also look good on your pred. there are many sizes and shaped though, so you will have to shop around.

Are you re-painting all three versions or just the three heads and one body? Any new pics...?:D

ooh man... I want to keep y closed mouth misb and fix the articulate the mandibles on the open mouth... I think I figured out a way to put the mask on the open mouth:)

but...after botcon.

okay... I think I found it... now just to see some in person... 1/4" military diamond netting.... anybody have some to slap around their pred and take a pic?

Looking over at my shelf now and my HT P1 next to the Neca ive made a hard decision. Its time to sell ole HT p1. I dislike having 2 representations of the same creature in figure form. The funds will be going towards a good cause though. If Neca released a few more Preds id probably shift my HT versions too.

SEE NECA!!!
Tankman you should tell them to do P2 in 1/4 scale Fast! :pray:

So are you guys saying that the netting on these will simply break all by themselves over time without me even touching them?

That's some scary ___ right there if true.

Mine are up on their shelves and will never be touched, not even with a duster, I use compressed air to dust my figures.

Well, I speak from experience, with toys and figures that had rubber bands and plastic similar to the netting on the predator, and, after a couple of years, that material can disintegrate, specially because the netting is so thin, but, yeah if you dont touch then i guess it will be fine, I honestly didn't touch mine that much, and the net broke a little, maybe i am wrong, maybe,

the netting will also not be able to be fixed once torn. a member was saying crazy glue might work buy l doubt it. if anything crazy glue might eat threw it. my netting has one break on his thigh. l will say that neca really did CHEAP OUT when it came to the netting. it's the same neting you can buy onions in at the store.
actually, honestly the netting on the Pred is thinner and more delicate than the neting they use in the supermarkets for onions and potatoes, that netting is not as easy to rip apart, lol

I think the netting would work ok but it is stretched out way to tightly over the figure. It needs to have some slack in it.
Real fabric netting would be better though, of course.

I think you are right Natrix, the netting is really streched out on the stomach and chest area,
the problem is also that is not flexible at all, so any pressure by your fingers at all could break it, or if you are trying to do a pose, I realize the legs can be a real problem and can break easily

again, I am not disappointed, I love my figure, I do, looks amazing, I just think someone should do a video teaching us how to take the pred apart in case we need to replace the netting

Can someone post a pic of their Predator with the torn netting? I want to see how bad it looks.

I still haven't taken mine out of the box....

Back