NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I past by @ Toys r us this morning and i saw one Close mouth version for $69.99 i put it on hold should i get it? :dunno i have ordered mask version @ BBTS i should get it by next week and one open mouth that i pre-order @ Toys r us.com that will probably get it by 1st or 2nd week of June

i past by @ toys r us this morning and i saw one close mouth version for $69.99 i put it on hold should i get it? :dunno i have ordered mask version @ bbts i should get it by next week and one open mouth that i pre-order @ toys r us.com that will probably get it by 1st or 2nd week of june
keep your order!

I past by @ Toys r us this morning and i saw one Close mouth version for $69.99 i put it on hold should i get it? :dunno i have ordered mask version @ BBTS i should get it by next week and one open mouth that i pre-order @ Toys r us.com that will probably get it by 1st or 2nd week of June

Closed mouth is a must have imo.:lecture

:D

So are you guys saying that the netting on these will simply break all by themselves over time without me even touching them?

That's some scary ___ right there if true.

Mine are up on their shelves and will never be touched, not even with a duster, I use compressed air to dust my figures.

So are you guys saying that the netting on these will simply break all by themselves over time without me even touching them?

That's some scary ___ right there if true.

Mine are up on their shelves and will never be touched, not even with a duster, I use compressed air to dust my figures.

I think it's just when you handle them. The netting material is very fragile. Best thing do is find a pose you like and leave it that way.:lol

the netting will also not be able to be fixed once torn. a member was saying crazy glue might work buy l doubt it. if anything crazy glue might eat threw it. my netting has one break on his thigh. l will say that neca really did CHEAP OUT when it came to the netting. it's the same neting you can buy onions in at the store.

Eh..Just don't mess with it.
Part of mine ripped without me even touching it, but that could have been due to me touching it the day before, idunno. I really don't think it's THAT bad, but it's very..stiff.

the netting will also not be able to be fixed once torn. a member was saying crazy glue might work buy l doubt it. if anything crazy glue might eat threw it. my netting has one break on his thigh. l will say that neca really did CHEAP OUT when it came to the netting. it's the same neting you can buy onions in at the store.

yes , the netting is very cheap, i still wish they had went with sculpted,painted netting like on the 7 inch p1.

l will say that neca really did CHEAP OUT when it came to the netting. it's the same neting you can buy onions in at the store.

fear, i'm sorry your netting tore, as far as NECA going cheap on the netting...remember this is a $70-80 1/4 scale action figure. The closest competition is a 1/6 action figure that sells for an easy $200+ (HT), the 1/4 scale SS Maquette that is selling for around $2,000 or the 1/3 scale CineMaquette that sells for $2,000+.

Everyone of the collectibles i mentioned has it's drawbacks, i wouldn't let the netting sutuation ruin this masterpiece of an figure. I still find it amazing this $80 figure compares to the SWS scanned-Maquette.

if they use this same netting on anymore 1/4 predators, i will not buy them.
i've already sent 2 masked predators back, because of torn netting, right in the box, never touched.
my closed mouth arrived fine, .i know it will tear over time, great sculpt, cheap a$$ netting.

Last edited:
Back