NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

I wish every one of these sells. All 15,000.
Just to show NECA the fanbase is here. That there's a need to produce more in 1/4 (hint: P2).

I wish every one of these sells. All 15,000.
Just to show NECA the fanbase is here. That there's a need to produce more in 1/4 (hint: P2).

I know. As much as I've heard that this is the only 1/4 Pred we might get:dunnoit all boils down to the £ ker-ching $! NECA makes.

And just to be clear, when I say "fanbase" I don't mean NECA fanboys.

I mean, Predator fanbase. There's a lot of us that love the Predator(s)/AVP franchise.

I don't give a damn really who makes it, so long as it looks great and isn't too costly.

More competition on the market means better Pred figures for us fans. If NECA puts out better Pred figures than HT, fine by me. I'm a Predator fan, not a Hot Toys or NECA fan.

[img said:
https://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/183250_10150107529754663_748989662_6017060_1722491_n.jpg[/img]

Like someone else has mentioned, until NECA can give us a removable mask, open and closed mandibles, a LED light up function, skull trophy, removable med kit, on a jungle base as a 1:6 collectible, they need to STFU.

Until people can (get over the fact that they paid a lot of money, and) accept that the face/helmet/joints on the P1 classic by HT are quite poor, they should probably just "STFU".
Jeez, even HT knows the joints on their past predators have looked like crap, why do you think the new predators have less poseability?
I love hot toys, but I passed on buying their classic because it was a weak looking attempt. Rather than doing a face/head that was capable of doing 3 different looks (all poorly), they should have just chosen one look and hit it out of the park – or perhaps ditch the decorative base and give consumers 3 heads they could swap out for the different apperances.
I hope HT releases a new version of the "classic" for the latest movie line – as long as it has an improved body and an attractive headsculpt I will definitely pick it up.

People need to stop whining when comparisons are made. Hot Toys is nobody's baby, and neither is NECA – both companies are open to critique. If all anybody did on these forums was constantly spasm with positivity and praise, it'd be pretty boring and there'd be little reason to visit.

Rather than doing a face/head that was capable of doing 3 different looks (all poorly), they should have just chosen one look and hit it out of the park – or perhaps ditch the decorative base and give consumers 3 heads they could swap out for the different apperances.

:lecture:exactly::goodpost::lecture

Until people can (get over the fact that they paid a lot of money, and) accept that the face/helmet/joints on the P1 classic by HT are quite poor, they should probably just "STFU".
Jeez, even HT knows the joints on their past predators have looked like crap, why do you think the new predators have less poseability?
I love hot toys, but I passed on buying their classic because it was a weak looking attempt. Rather than doing a face/head that was capable of doing 3 different looks (all poorly), they should have just chosen one look and hit it out of the park – or perhaps ditch the decorative base and give consumers 3 heads they could swap out for the different apperances.
I hope HT releases a new version of the "classic" for the latest movie line – as long as it has an improved body and an attractive headsculpt I will definitely pick it up.

People need to stop whining when comparisons are made. Hot Toys is nobody's baby, and neither is NECA – both companies are open to critique. If all anybody did on these forums was constantly spasm with positivity and praise, it'd be pretty boring and there'd be little reason to visit.

:clap:clap:clap:goodpost::clap:clap:clap

Because it's supposed to be subtle.

predator_se_disc2-22.jpg

predator_se_disc2-26.jpg

Not uniform, perfectly neat and straight lines.
necabigpred1.jpg

And the color isn't blue, it's supposed to be green.
predgroupsmallgv5.jpg

Going a few pages back... nothing black perm sharpie marker cant fix.

I gave in and ordered it through TRU instead of waiting for Amazon to pick it up. If I get it later than everyone else at least I'll have the opportunity to see it and decide to cancel or not. Though if it turns out good it'll make the wait harder. oh well.

I gave in and ordered it through TRU instead of waiting for Amazon to pick it up. If I get it later than everyone else at least I'll have the opportunity to see it and decide to cancel or not. Though if it turns out good it'll make the wait harder. oh well.

Good move.
I can't imagine it being any cheaper than what TRU is offering for it.

Back