Neca 1/4 scale Batman Begins Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 scale batman begins batman

I bet we'll see a 7" Penguin before the end of this year. In fact, I'd count on it.

Too bad they won't pony up the cash for an '89 Joker. I can picture the 1/4 figure in my head along with subsequent 7" figures of it and I bet it would be amazing. That character is right up NECA's alley with the retool and reuse possibilities. Businesses are a gamble and they are kind of small and independent, I get that, but I really do think they'd benefit from just paying Nicholson in the long run. Just negotiate with him like it's a legacy thing. They could get a bunch of different releases out of one character and I'm pretty sure people would buy them to the point where NECA would yield a profit. The first ever 18" or 7" scale Jack Joker would be a pretty big deal, maybe more so than the Keaton Batman and Reeve Superman.

I'm happy with the DX 08 Joker and Mime Joker from Hot Toys, but it bothers the heck out of me that,

A. They simply stopped at 2 despite having the license and authority to make as many different versions as they wanted

and,

B. All the other companies refuse to step up to the plate and make a deal with Nicholson to produce some new collectibles

There's something wrong when a company overseas will take a chance and meet up with a celeb for their likeness and pony up the big bucks, but none of the companies in the U.S. even bother. I'd love to know what Nicholson is asking. I'm sure it's pricey, but I'm wondering how pricey. These companies could always charge a little more like Hot Toys did so it evens out. I'd buy a 1:4 NECA '89 Joker for like $190 or a 7" figure as a paid online subscription figure (something NECA mentioned they've been thinking about with WB) for $60 or something granted the sculpting and quality control was there. I'm sure a lot of people would too.

Last edited:

I'm excited about the possibility of a 7" Catwoman.
And now that you mention it, I can't think of any 1989 Joker figures that weren't by Kenner or Hot Toys. It's a shame, really. I hope NECA boldly goes where no American action figure company has gone before.

Thank you for the answer, ShadowGuardian!

I so want that 7" Penguin - hope they indeed release him.

As for Catwoman, that's what I've heard too, Psycho! I SO hope they release her in 7" form.

We've been denied a decent Pfeiffer Catwoman action figure for many years now. Can't stand it anymore. LOL

As much as I want a Nicholson Joker action figure too, if they never make one, I can live with only '89 Batman and Returns Catwoman and Penguin.

They will be making an Returns Batman you can count on it....

They will be making an Returns Batman you can count on it....

They better. :)

But seriously though, all I want is a 1/4 George Clooney Batman. Is that too much to ask? I just love my bat nips.

Theres worse movies than Forever... Forever isn't all that bad.

Forever is the only Batman movie I don't own.

I even have Rises. :lol

That's how bad Forever is.

Rises gets so much hate, but I think it's really good. Just because it's not as good as the other 2 in the trilogy doesn't make it bad...

However, are you saying you own B&R but not Forever?! I mean you might as well not own both haha. I think Forever has ok parts to it, but overall it's pretty bad. Not B&R bad, but still bad.

For me B&R at least provides good laughs, it's the 66 show on steroids.

Forever is not even funny bad, it's just bad.

Any idea if this is coming out soon? Anybody here going to FrankNSons to get it?

This looks pretty good, and the Begins suit is still my favorite over TDK suit. I was watching a few BB scenes just the other day.

Just an heads up looks like this figure is delayed til June. It was on TRU.com for 5/11/16 now today it got changed to 6/08/16

Yikes, ok more waiting then. ty for the update.

Ive had mine preordered on calendars since August. Hopefully they still get them in. Im pretty sure this is the last 1/4 scale figure they sell. Seems like they didnt like everyone using their discount codes on them. lol

Neca 1/4 scale batman begins batman

Randy said they are shipping from China now and should be available in a few short weeks. I'm expecting Bats to be available late May or early June, so that updated release date sounds accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randy said they are shipping from China now and should be available in a few short weeks. I'm expecting Bats to be available late May or early June, so that updated release date sounds accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Late May directly from Neca. June everywhere else

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Ive had mine preordered on calendars since August. Hopefully they still get them in. Im pretty sure this is the last 1/4 scale figure they sell. Seems like they didnt like everyone using their discount codes on them. lol
Yep no Harley,BVS BATMAN, Alien Warrior, Hulk or TMNT Donnie on that site.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Back