NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

Exactly what I'll be doing. Besides, the bigger the figure, the easier it is to work on IMO. The only way to learn is to try, right?

Fair comment, with current exchange rate mines looking at $125 here in the UK :(

Still dirt cheap though for what you get & that Battle damage is **** hot!

I cant wait to see other customs people will make with this!

That custom Mk. VII is beyond belief. Work of art that is.

That is simply an incredible custom! I would love if NECA did an Iron Man like that down the line. I would also love to see a Tony Stark head down the line - maybe with hopeful MK 42 release?

A Hulk though is the one I want to see at SDCC. I'm sure Thor will look awesome along with the Adam West line BUT it's Hulk I want them to reveal at SDCC.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

And I also agree about that custom IM, that thing rocks! :rock

Can't wait to see if anyone picks up the 1/4 scale War Machine busts and tries to gun up the Mk VII a bit...

:D :D :D

Our local stores are going to have this by weekend :) I don't think NECA fixed the leg proportion issue, but what the heck. It would look good on a shelf anyway, I'm sure.

And that BD custom looks better than the protos of Play Imaginative's $600 IM figures!

I cant wait to get this guy..so glad I ordered. Just goes to show you that things dont actually have to cost the Hot Toys/Sideshow prices...for all those who constantly defend the outrageous pricing. I know this isnt as articulate..but I garuntee if Sideshow produced this same exact figure it would retail over $300

I cant wait to get this guy..so glad I ordered. Just goes to show you that things dont actually have to cost the Hot Toys/Sideshow prices...for all those who constantly defend the outrageous pricing. I know this isnt as articulate..but I garuntee if Sideshow produced this same exact figure it would retail over $300

$400+.

Bare-bones (LOL) T800 Endo is at that price range. Of course it looks good in spite of its inaccuracies, but once you see this $80 figure that would certainly provide ample shelf presence (and comes with LED features too, no matter if repulsors are of wrong color), you might find yourself thinking if HT 1/4 are at least worth $320 better.

Edit: Personally, I think non-human figures are most bang-for-the-buck offerings from NECA. I love my 1/4 NECA Preds and Alien. Their human sculpts I find good, but still not as life-like as Enterbay's. If they came up with an $80 BD 1/4 T800 with shoddy paintjob, soft plastic/rubber clothing or real clothing/pleather with bad tailoring, I'd still pay premium to get Enterbay's instead.

Last edited:

Ironically, destroying this figure with BD makes it look more expensive :lol I would def like to display these neca figs with the hulk maquette if I could make nice bases for them PF style.

If my Ironman comes out like that BD then i won't be needing the PI versions!All i need is one 1/4 scale Ironman in my collection.By the way,did anyone hear anything from BBTS?I know they're the last ones but usually with NECA they're pretty regular.^_^

Yeah this will likely be my only armored IM figure so I'm wondering if some subtle paint app like a dark wash will really make it shine. I don't think i have the skills for that much BD but I guess it's worth trying out if it's then going to be a $500+ piece.

Well,a black wash to any metallic color looks good just as long as you blacken the edges leaving the center bright.As well as adding some silver along the edges to give the paint app a real worn look.It doesn't take a super star artist to apply a BD coat to any figure.All it takes is just patience and a steady hand.Being that this figure is only $90,what better candidate this one to learn and master your skillz!I think so anyway!^_^

Back