NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

Its me!

NCMarkVII_00.jpg

Well no, but it seems they've made landfall here in malaysia, will swing by later to check them out.

Just the sheer size impresses me. For just 85 Euro's, how can i go wrong?

Yeah it looks good in the photo, but in person it looks like a really, really big Hasbro figure to me, much like captain America did. This is coming from someone who predominantly buys from NECA btw.

I will wait for version 2.0 where hopfully they fix the waist and legs.

I will wait for version 2.0 where hopfully they fix the waist and legs.

Really? They do not look half as bad as the earlier distorted pics. I think you have those in mind. They don't look that bad.

Yeah it looks good in the photo, but in person it looks like a really, really big Hasbro figure to me, much like captain America did. This is coming from someone who predominantly buys from NECA btw.

I'm cool with that as that's exactly what I was expecting. :)

If one of you guys picked up that last 1/4 Iron Man that BBTS recently had, that was mine that I decided to cancel. Do I regret it? Well, yes and no. The figure looks great and the price was excellent, but I've decided to just go with collecting the big four from Hot Toys since there smaller and I already have Captain America and Thor. Sure they're way more expensive, but I think they're worth it. I still love NECA too though, so don't get me wrong. I just can't afford the space they take up and the fact of whether or not they'll make Hulk (hope they do!)

If one of you guys picked up that last 1/4 Iron Man that BBTS recently had, that was mine that I decided to cancel. Do I regret it? Well, yes and no. The figure looks great and the price was excellent, but I've decided to just go with collecting the big four from Hot Toys since there smaller and I already have Captain America and Thor. Sure they're way more expensive, but I think they're worth it. I still love NECA too though, so don't get me wrong. I just can't afford the space they take up and the fact of whether or not they'll make Hulk (hope they do!)

Which is exactly why I haven't purchased any of these yet. If we can't at least have the fab 4, then what's the point? :dunno

Well,the way the early sales are looking for Ironman,i'm pretty sure that Thor is a definite.Especially since Dark World(s) comes out in Nov. so why not take advantage of that?!As for HUlk,like i said before it'll come down to how the sales are for Thor and if it can be done at a reasonable price.Personally for a 2 foot Hulk,i'd pay over $150 especially if they give him some fabric pants and a couple of hand sculpts!^_^

I just saw a 30 inch batman and 30 inch power ranger at toysrus, and it wasn't that expensive at all. The detail lacked compared to a Neca figure, but still they are huge none the less. Soo that being said, I see absolutely zero reason why Neca can't produce a mere 24 inch Hulk.

A local retailer will have this next week. I was afraid that the pricetag on this would be bumped big-time for Iron Man is very profitable in our country, but I never thought that the bump would go this much. He posted this on their Fb page:

"Confirmed price is 8500 pesos. Due to the exclusive rights that marvel holds on iron man products neca cannot distribute directly to asia so we have to import direct sa US, thus the price increase. Thanks"

PhP8500 is MORE THAN $210!!!!!!!!!!!

And I say bull**** on the reason he gave. Like I said, IM is a profitable franchise in our country and we get a surplus of licensed IM figures, from low-end to high end, from ordinary supermarkets to specialty shops.

I never cared for an IM toy. I only wanted this to join my NECA and Enterbay 1/4, and I won't pay $600 for a 1/4 IM figure.

If this would go beyond $130 as most NECA 1/4s cost $120 locally, I'll be just as happy enjoying your pictures here.

great looking 18" Gipsy Danger looks good - can't wait to see it painted!

And I'd love to have Hulk, but for me my display is complete with Cap, IM & Thor. Those three for me have always been the Avengers Trinity. As much as I love Hulk, I've never considered him a pillar member of the Avengers. Cap, IM & Thor ARE the Avengers.

I just saw a 30 inch batman and 30 inch power ranger at toysrus, and it wasn't that expensive at all. The detail lacked compared to a Neca figure, but still they are huge none the less. Soo that being said, I see absolutely zero reason why Neca can't produce a mere 24 inch Hulk.

those 30 inch toys are cheap hollow plastic.

great looking 18" Gipsy Danger looks good - can't wait to see it painted!

And I'd love to have Hulk, but for me my display is complete with Cap, IM & Thor. Those three for me have always been the Avengers Trinity. As much as I love Hulk, I've never considered him a pillar member of the Avengers. Cap, IM & Thor ARE the Avengers.

It's worth noting, though, that Hulk is a founding member of the Avengers, while Cap came in later. I can compare Hulk to Raphael of TMNT. Hulk's a valuable asset, but his attitude and childish wit often gets in the way.

Anyway, another store got this earlier than THE OTHER store (the one that would have this next week for $210), and would have this for $130! Nw that's the price I was expecting. Had it on reserve and will get it tonight. Will try to post photos tomorrow :)

Well,the way the early sales are looking for Ironman,i'm pretty sure that Thor is a definite.Especially since Dark World(s) comes out in Nov. so why not take advantage of that?!As for HUlk,like i said before it'll come down to how the sales are for Thor and if it can be done at a reasonable price.Personally for a 2 foot Hulk,i'd pay over $150 especially if they give him some fabric pants and a couple of hand sculpts!^_^

Which is exactly what I'm hoping for. (Not necessarily the price - but everything else) I hope Thor sells well so this happens. Its going to suck when I have to back track and get IM and CA in the aftermarket. :pray:

Back