My PF Lurtz

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bannister and Josh, I was with you, in that I had waitlisted the exclusive, ordered a regular, and waited to cancel the regular. Unfortunately some events this week made the cancellation a neccesity, but with some planning I can keep chugging with the PF line. Lurtz is amazing, and I can't wait to show my girlfriend! We're gonna need a bigger shelf!

Right now, I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping my wait list converts. I know I could get the regular Lurtz, but the exclusive blows it away.

Boba Fett said:
Right now, I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping my wait list converts. I know I could get the regular Lurtz, but the exclusive blows it away.

When did you get on the wait list? Mine just got converted and I got on Jan. 31.

jlcmsu said:
I changed out hands last night for grins and will go with the bow to represent the scene where he kills Boromir.

It's the only way JL....You can tell by the way they captured him, mid-stride...In the movie, just walking over that rise at Amon-Hen...Spots Boromir, and about 3 or 4 arrows later...:monkey2

LOTRFan said:
The strap was easy to get on, or at least on mine. :wave

1) Start with the front leg and get it over his foot and the corner of his shin guards.

2) Then slip it over his rear heel

3) From there is it is just a matter of slowly raising up his legs and on to the hips

Pics in a second ...

Soooooo, has anybody ever tried to get the arrow pouch back off? I'll probably put my Lurtz back in his box, so I'd like to know if the pouch can be put off as easy as it is put on.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Soooooo, has anybody ever tried to get the arrow pouch back off? I'll probably put my Lurtz back in his box, so I'd like to know if the pouch can be put off as easy as it is put on.

it's a pain in the ass but dooable ( that a word? ) just take it slow.

Alice Adrenochrome said:

Yes ive done it. Just becareful when taking it off that the leather strap doesnt get caught up in his leg armor. That could be a bad day for you and Lurtz's arrow pouch :).

Thanks for the tips guys! It's a wonderful statue, ain't it? First I had it set up with shield and sword, but I changed it to the bow after an hour or so. I like it much better that way. I'm so glad I've got the Exclusive!

I got this statue as a gift and it was my first large scale LOTR piece and it blew me away!

O, yes i will get the Lurz PF exl.

Dear Dimitri:

You recently placed a reservation for an item on our Wait List. Due to recent cancellations and credit card declines, one of these items has become available for fulfillment.

Thanks, Sideshow

I can't wait when i receive this... Wow

GGC said:
I got this statue as a gift and it was my first large scale LOTR piece and it blew me away!

That's one hell of a nice gift!!! I wish I could get gifts like that.

And welcome to the board.:welcome :welcome :welcome

dasciutto said:
O, yes i will get the Lurz PF exl.

Dear Dimitri:

You recently placed a reservation for an item on our Wait List. Due to recent cancellations and credit card declines, one of these items has become available for fulfillment.

Thanks, Sideshow

I can't wait when i receive this... Wow

congratz. welcome to the club. you will definitely love it.

Congrats. :clap

Lurtz is a great piece. I have the exclusive version, myself. # 23 , I might add...which is "precious" to me...

:)

Amazing piece. Gotta say I think we will be seeing a Boromir companion piece soon so this is an essential to me. It's still in the box though because its too big to display in my room. More looking forward to the ring-bearer though now than I was for this.

BDboystoys said:
Just two days till I can open him up again!:D

Cool man! I have the regular version standing next to my television. Sometimes it looks that he just walked straigt of the screen:monkey5

dsc1651fx9.jpg

dsc1656et4.jpg

dsc1657tv9.jpg

I got my waitlist converted as well.. Totally unexpected really. Didn't expect this so late. I bought the regular version on Ebay just a few weeks ago because I never expected the exlc waitlist to come through. So I guesss I will be reselling me regular again.

But to be honest I am a bit "in doubt" about this statue, despite how great it all is etc. It just doesn't make any real sense the way it is: Either with a sword and shield (wich is allright , "logical wise") but also with the arrows, wich makes no sense without the bow. OR you have the bow and then ofcourse not the sword but then you do have the shield. Bow + shield seems not logical either. I am not totallu sure anymore what whas/is film-correct. If any one can tell, please do so. I think it is the bow + shield. That is also how the SS Weta version is done. And I never gave that one a thought, probably because I like it so much. :) But still.. I can't stand these things.. drives me crazy.. :monkey5

Back