My PF Lurtz

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fritz said:
Looks good can't wait for mine tomorrow! :rock Off Topic but never having seen the Daddy Rog in person, it does look pretty small compared to Lurtz and the Cave Troll. Not nearly as impressive as I imagined.

It is smaller but as impressive IMO. :) I'd give up Lurtz and the CT first anyways.

Lookin' good Josh... glad to see you had a doily able to accomodate the big lug!

And nice rearranged display!

galactiboy said:
Lookin' good Josh... glad to see you had a doily able to accomodate the big lug!

And nice rearranged display!

Thanks :) It's not a fancy setup like Gruson but for now its the best I can do.:) Yeah, but not by much. That base is pretty good size.

Small but important detail

I haven't seen anybody else post this so I thought I would. My Exclusive Lurtz arrived today and I noticed a very small but important detail which gives the movie a wink. If you look into the pouch with the arrows there are 3 empty holes which I believe represent the 3 arrows which killed Boromir.

Did anybody else notice that?

Re: Small but important detail

Kookie said:
I haven't seen anybody else post this so I thought I would. My Exclusive Lurtz arrived today and I noticed a very small but important detail which gives the movie a wink. If you look into the pouch with the arrows there are 3 empty holes which I believe represent the 3 arrows which killed Boromir.

Did anybody else notice that?

Wow, really!? I will have to look for that. :cool:

DannieDarKo: Guys I need help, where does the left hand go?

TheWitchKing: Goes on the left arm Dannie.

DannieDarKo: Awesome! Thanks man.

:lol :rotfl :lol

I saw that and my first reaction was "wtf? Did Sideshow shortchange me on arrows??"

Now that you mentioned it that way, I could see where that little detail could be a good conversation piece. Then again,maybe Sideshow drilled extra holes for some other reason.

I hate to start off like this after soooo much anticipation but two things I noticed when I opened him up tonight. His jaw seems bigger than I imagined and compared to the SSW Lurtz Bust, it seems a little larger. Also, his feet and shoes don't seems right. Shouldn't he be wearing more of a sandal. It's totally different that what my Uruk-hai Scout Swordsman statue is wearing (I don't have Ugluk anymore to compare to that). Also, you don't really see any of is toes, that detail seems to have been left out, it's like a uni-toe. The other thing I noticed that I've mentioned before, the polystone section of his armor in the middle is sculpted while the rest is leather, compared to the USS Statue, the Lurtz bust and the film, it appears this is all supposed to be leather so it doesn't necessarily match.

Now don't get me wrong, it's still awesome but these are just some observations.

For the record, the feeling I had when I first opened my USS statue still hasn't been beaten. I literally had butterflies in my stomach when I was opening it and looking at it. I thought the same would have happened with the much anticipated Lurtz PF but somehow it didn't. Strange considering I love LotR and PF and this was a perfect match. But before anyone asks, no I don't want to give it up, It's definitely a keeper. :)

Fritz, how can you tell that his mid section should've been leather and not darkened bands of metal? Tough to tell even from the film (not that I paid attention). I DID notice the part about the sandal though. He musta been wearing socks or something . . .unless that's his dark toe sticking out.

DannieDarKo said:
That sucks Fritz. I myself was blinded by the light from within the box as I unpackaged it.

Yeah, I see no fault with this one. Its been a while since I felt this way about a LOTR piece. Truly a work of art. I'm not trying to knock Fritz or his opinion.

Radagaster said:
Fritz, how can you tell that his mid section should've been leather and not darkened bands of metal? Tough to tell even from the film (not that I paid attention).

I don't know and could very well be wrong, it's really speculation on my part but the way the Uruk-hai Scout Swordsman statue is painted makes it look like it's supposed to be the same material. Does anyone have an Ugluk to use for comparison? Really it's not that big a deal, just an observation as is my comment about the face/jaws. But I do think the feet/footwear is wrong. If you slow-mo the scene where Lurtz is walking up to Boromir, it indeed looks like he's wearing sandals.

And again, these were my first impressions when I opened it, that's just the way I felt.

Also, forgot to mention the other first impression. The box art is absolutely fantastic, I know I don't care for boxes normally but I'm going to leave this one in the living room for a while. Kudos and fantastic job to Sideshow's graphic art department.

Fritz said:
I don't know and could very well be wrong, it's really speculation on my part but the way the Uruk-hai Scout Swordsman statue is painted makes it look like it's supposed to be the same material. Does anyone have an Ugluk to use for comparison?...

Well nothing unusual but it appears that I was wrong. :eek: Looking at the Lurtz Bust and the Uruk-hai Scout bust, the lowest layer on the bottom of each bust appears to be painted differently which would lead me to believe the Uruk-hai Scout Swordsman Statue is painted incorrectly. Also, since I couldn't ask anyone at Weta the next best thing to do was to ask Lurtz himself so I contacted Lawrence Makoare and according to him the breast plate was indeed steel (well actually it was plastic painted like steel).

Last edited:
Just ordered my Lurtz exclusive from Most Wanted Collectibles. I only had to pay for double shipping so it's easily worth it. Should have him on Monday.

Oh snap! As I was typing this my Minas Tirith arived :chew

Fritz said:
Well nothing unusual but it appears that I was wrong. :eek: Looking at the Lurtz Bust and the Uruk-hai Scout bust, the lowest layer on the bottom of each bust appears to be painted differently which would lead me to believe the Uruk-hai Scout Swordsman Statue is painted incorrectly. Also, since I couldn't ask anyone at Weta the next best thing to do was to ask Lurtz himself so I contacted Lawrence Makoare and according to him the breast plate was indeed steel (well actually it was plastic painted like steel).

Wow, wouldn't it be cool if we could get Lawrence to autograph this baby!

Back