MUFTAK.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey gang.

I took a sewing class last year and learned how to cast by taking classes from Reynolds Advanced Materials (highly recommended!!) and I finally finished my custom Muftak figure!

I sculpted and cast the head, mouth noodle (technically called a proboscis), hands and feet. The head is wrapped in a fitted cowl and of course there's the bodysuit. I customized it so all the pieces would fit on Sideshow's Lords of the Sith Vader nude body.

Forgive the paint job, it's my first attempt.

I was thinking about producing more for people but I'm garnering interest.

unnamed (3).jpg

unnamed (9).jpg

unnamed.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (8).jpg

unnamed (4).jpg

unnamed (5).jpg

Attachments

• unnamed (11).jpg
    unnamed (11).jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 260
Very nice work

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Hahaha that’s too cool! I love the poses! Great job, thanks for sharing. How’d you do the fur? I assume treated it as a onesie then put it on?

Hey gang.

I took a sewing class last year and learned how to cast by taking classes from Reynolds Advanced Materials (highly recommended!!) and I finally finished my custom Muftak figure!

I sculpted and cast the head, mouth noodle (technically called a proboscis), hands and feet. The head is wrapped in a fitted cowl and of course there's the bodysuit. I customized it so all the pieces would fit on Sideshow's Lords of the Sith Vader nude body.

Forgive the paint job, it's my first attempt.

I was thinking about producing more for people but I'm garnering interest.

View attachment 450194

View attachment 450195

View attachment 450196

View attachment 450197

View attachment 450198

View attachment 450199

View attachment 450200

First of all, congrats on your acquired skills. Sure your hard work is paying off!
One little question: you say you took sewing lessons. Do you mean that they have allowed you to do that great white fur??
Thanks,
m.

That's looking really impressive. If you want to make the eyes more realistic you could give them a few coats of future floor wax. It will really make them look nice.

. Chakaman
Re: MUFTAK.

Impressive. Well done.

ajp4mgs

Very creative, and really damn cool. Great job!

Cagoda

Hahaha that’s too cool! I love the poses! Great job, thanks for sharing.

xipotec

Very nice work

Mandible

He's ****ing awesome!!!!!!

TaliBane

Love it.

Lord Sixth

Good Job !

AMdls712

Awesome.

D.R.37

Nice 👍🏽

Stryker2011

That looks fantastic.

generalgrevious

hell yeah i would be down for one awesome job. I always loved muftak and wanted one maybe now`s the chance.

:blissy

I cannot express how elated I am to hear you guys like my take on Muftak! Seriously thank you so much!
I LOVE this hobby and you all have given me such inspiration. It really means a lot to me. Thank you again.

Too Much Garlic

That's looking really impressive. If you want to make the eyes more realistic you could give them a few coats of future floor wax. It will really make them look nice.

Good call and thanks Garlic! I used a base gloss coat from Citadel. I think it could be better. My brother in law is a painter and I might ask him to spruce Muf up a bit. This was my second time painting a figure.

asgardianboy

First of all, congrats on your acquired skills. Sure your hard work is paying off!
One little question: you say you took sewing lessons. Do you mean that they have allowed you to do that great white fur??
Thanks,
m.

Thanks M! So the fur was super tricky. I went to the fashion district so many times and came back home with samples that were too thick. You could make a bodysuit but it wouldn't fall or fold properly on the body. This finally fur I started using I got from a friend who works at K&B studios. They were working on a few creatures in and when I visited him, I saw this swatch and asked him for a bit. He gave me 8 yards!! It's thin but very durable and the inside lends itself to be put on a plastic figure so it's perfect.

BTW Cagoda, You nailed it. It's a onesie with velcro up the back. I tried to make it like a body glove but it wouldn't move right. This is a pattern similar to Hot Toys' Chewbacca figure. Makes it way more fitting and posable.

I'm gonna take some green screen shots and show the bodysuit and individual pieces soon.

SOD

I’d love to see more behind the scenes of your work! I was thinking about doing a Muftak myself with the same idea, but obviously you beat me to the punch haha. Where’d you get the fur? Is there a specific type of backing for the fur that you need that would be conducive to sewing it into a onesie?

:blissy

I cannot express how elated I am to hear you guys like my take on Muftak! Seriously thank you so much!
I LOVE this hobby and you all have given me such inspiration. It really means a lot to me. Thank you again.

Good call and thanks Garlic! I used a base gloss coat from Citadel. I think it could be better. My brother in law is a painter and I might ask him to spruce Muf up a bit. This was my second time painting a figure.

Thanks M! So the fur was super tricky. I went to the fashion district so many times and came back home with samples that were too thick. You could make a bodysuit but it wouldn't fall or fold properly on the body. This finally fur I started using I got from a friend who works at K&B studios. They were working on a few creatures in and when I visited him, I saw this swatch and asked him for a bit. He gave me 8 yards!! It's thin but very durable and the inside lends itself to be put on a plastic figure so it's perfect.

BTW Cagoda, You nailed it. It's a onesie with velcro up the back. I tried to make it like a body glove but it wouldn't move right. This is a pattern similar to Hot Toys' Chewbacca figure. Makes it way more fitting and posable.

I'm gonna take some green screen shots and show the bodysuit and individual pieces soon.

SOD

K&B Studios? What do they do?
So, the onesie is completely glued, partially glued, or loose on the body?
Thanks,
m.

K&B Studios? What do they do?
So, the onesie is completely glued, partially glued, or loose on the body?
Thanks,
m.

LOL, I wrote K&B! I meant KNB! It's the studio that does The Walking Dead FX, Narnia, Predator, etc. It is amazing in there.

Anyways, the suit is loose on the body. It works well because the inside of the fur fabric has a rubber grip on it. If you put it on a plastic SS/HT body it helps to stay firm on the body. I mean, you could potentially glue it on the chest or something.

The tricky thing with trial and error was configuring out how long the legs and arms should be to compensate for the reach of the figure so we don't see the arm joints.

Back