MUFTAK.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, I wrote K&B! I meant KNB! It's the studio that does The Walking Dead FX, Narnia, Predator, etc. It is amazing in there.

Anyways, the suit is loose on the body. It works well because the inside of the fur fabric has a rubber grip on it. If you put it on a plastic SS/HT body it helps to stay firm on the body. I mean, you could potentially glue it on the chest or something.

The tricky thing with trial and error was configuring out how long the legs and arms should be to compensate for the reach of the figure so we don't see the arm joints.

WTF!? Man you do have connections....!
Yeap, rubber is better than glued. Good idea. You can always remove it and tweak it.
What was the rubber base? Some diver wetsuit?

Thanks,
m.

WTF!? Man you do have connections....!
Yeap, rubber is better than glued. Good idea. You can always remove it and tweak it.
What was the rubber base? Some diver wetsuit?

Thanks,
m.

So the inside of the suit has a chicken skin like rubber mat on it. It's thing enough to sew but due to the rubber it's very durable and impossible to tear. I was very lucky to find this stuff!

So I had some crazy projects for work this month but I had a little bit of downtime to make a Muftak as a gift for a good friend of mine. Then I kicked it into overdrive and made a run of ten figures to supply anyone on the board who might be interested.

The 1/6th scale Muftak figure kit!

The kit cost is $250 (plus shipping) and includes:
1. Head with attached proboscis, hands and feet.
2. Hair application to hands, head and feet
3. Faux Fur body suit with weathering
4. Please keep in mind, the suit was made for a large figure! I recommend Sideshow's V1 Vader body. I see them available everywhere.

Here's what they look like unpainted and without fur applied.

Hands.
IMG_0501.jpg

Feet
IMG_0624.jpg

Hands and feet with fur!
IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

The Fur body suit

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

Head
IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

And here's what the whole thing looks like next to my painted (not my strong suit) finished version.

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

Please feel free to PM me or just let me know here if you're interested! This is my first push to make any custom I've made available. I hope you all like it!

SOD

Awesome looking kit, quality. Well done.

I also like how organized your work area is.

I learned it from watching you!!! LOL Seriously though, over the years much like others on here, you were a source of inspiration! Thanks and Cheers bud.

Thanks so much slikkerias and firefighteruk!! Your words are most appreciated!!

This looks really great! Is it possible to just purchase the resin cast parts? I can't really sculpt but like to do my own soft-goods parts. Thnx!

Hey gang.

I had a few people ask me after buying the kit on how to get it up and running. I realize that I only found out through trial and error, so I wanted to post a response I made for someone up here and if you bought it, maybe this can shed some light on how to make your figure look good. :wave

So as far as Muftak goes, for the head, I'd advise cutting the extra hair on the bottom of the neck. What I did was, put the suit on the body, cut the excess hair from the neck and fashion by looking at it. The legs and arms are a bit long but that's to make it look natural on the figure after the hands and feet are attached.

I would also recommend this (https://toyanxiety.com/g-i-joe-snake-eyes-timber-left-fist/) you can use the hand peg and dremel the fist until there's the nub left that the peg goes into. Then dremel Muftak's hands and fit them in there.

I use something like Magic Sculpt to fit in the negative spaces so the nub will stay in the hand. You can find that here. ( https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Sculpt...ts&sprefix=magic+sculp,arts-crafts,190&sr=1-4 )

It dries like cement. You can find the same pegs for feet on Toy Anxiety as well. (https://toyanxiety.com/star-wars-darth-vader-return-of-the-jedi-boots-peg-design/) This would also go for the head as far as connecting the neck!

I hope this all helps!

Cheers!

SOD

Can anyone show me their finished Muftak? And maybe recommend other bodies? I?m still interested in this, but wanna make sure I can make it look good

the thing with that is the fur was designed to fit on the sideshow dlx vader body. i tried to use a ht chewbacca body but the fur was to short on the arms and legs. when i had it put together it looked like he had high waters on.

the thing with that is the fur was designed to fit on the sideshow dlx vader body. i tried to use a ht chewbacca body but the fur was to short on the arms and legs. when i had it put together it looked like he had high waters on.

So what I need is something shorter than Chewbacca right? I?m looking at tall bodies on eBay and there are many different height choices.
But it makes sense since he?s supposed to be a little over two meters including the tall head, so Chewie should be too tall.

Are you in for a Muftak too? [emoji6]

Wasn't sure if they were still available or the price. However I think I'd need a Tusken Raider first :wink1::wink1:

I'd PM'd him on a different topic though to see if he'd be interested in casting a Hammerhead Momaw Nadon head and joints. Am sure there would be plenty of people who would like one of those.

Wasn't sure if they were still available or the price. However I think I'd need a Tusken Raider first :wink1::wink1:

I'd PM'd him on a different topic though to see if he'd be interested in casting a Hammerhead Momaw Nadon head and joints. Am sure there would be plenty of people who would like one of those.

Yes, I definitely would. Especially if it was a bit different from the SSC version - would give some variation.

Back