Mount Doom Frodo & Sam Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Compared to Woodsy's pics the statue of Sam makes it look like he's just combed-brushed his hair or maybe he's just walked out of the MT Doom Hair Salon.:D

Very very very happy :) A really iconic scene and will display perfectly with the COD dio :rock

Shell, where are you???? :lol :lol

It will be interesting to see if that Ringwraith dio Frodo's likeness can be topped.

They will, because they're just gonna use the same sculpt! :lol

For me, this is an easy pass. I know people have asked about something from this scene before, and Sideshow has listened. Unfortunately they don't listen when they are supposed to listen. After the recent "Shades of Mordor"-fiasco, and looking back on the "Crack of Doom"- "diorama", I'm pretty sure this will have a dumb base as well. Probably just a bit of rock. :rolleyes:

They will, because they're just gonna use the same sculpt! :lol

For me, this is an easy pass. I know people have asked about something from this scene before, and Sideshow has listened. Unfortunately they don't listen when they are supposed to listen. After the recent "Shades of Mordor"-fiasco, and looking back on the "Crack of Doom"- "diorama", I'm pretty sure this will have a dumb base as well. Probably just a bit of rock. :rolleyes:

Which is fine for me personally :)

Charactors in the scene are more important then their surroundings IMO

Hi Polylord :wave

Which is fine for me personally :)

Charactors in the scene are more important then their surroundings IMO

Hi Polylord :wave

Hey GG!! :wave

I'm glad you like to have not that much surroundings, but the whole point of a diorama is the surroundings. If you want characters, there are plenty of other possibilities, such as 12", LSB, PF, poly statue etc.

Hey GG!! :wave

I'm glad you like to have not that much surroundings, but the whole point of a diorama is the surroundings. If you want characters, there are plenty of other possibilities, such as 12", LSB, PF, poly statue etc.

While surroundings are important, surely a diorama also describes a moment between two charactors? If it was all about the surroundings it would be called a envirorama :dunno :)

While surroundings are important, surely a diorama also describes a moment between two charactors? If it was all about the surroundings it would be called a envirorama :dunno :)

Definitely, a diorama describes a moment between two characters, and the surroundings are definitely an important addition to that. If you look back at the dio's that have been produced (for Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Marvel etc), in at least 90 % of them there is a (significant amount of) surroundings.

I feel that a scene in a dio should be depicted with at least some surroundings (so not an "island" made out of a piece of clay or a bit of rock). :cool:

Oh man oh man, I want one, I needs one :blissy :blissy :blissy

It's my beloved Samwise being the hero he is :rock
Must....order......NOW.......
:drool :drool

Definitely, a diorama describes a moment between two characters, and the surroundings are definitely an important addition to that. If you look back at the dio's that have been produced (for Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Marvel etc), in at least 90 % of them there is a (significant amount of) surroundings.

I feel that a scene in a dio should be depicted with at least some surroundings (so not an "island" made out of a piece of clay or a bit of rock). :cool:

While I am agreement that surroundings are important, I think your 90% is a little high, by your definition Balrog/gandalf, eagle/fellbeast, ringwraith/frodo and Frodo/Gollum are all not 'proper' dioramas...thats 4 out of 7 (and perhaps 5 out of 8 with the new one!) I don't think by this trend that many LOTR diorams will meet the criteria....personally I think it is because many of the most iconic scenes that would make great dio's have such large and lavish surroundings in LOTR that it would be impossible and cost prohibitive to make, or be such a small scale it would lose all detail :dunno

Oh man oh man, I want one, I needs one :blissy :blissy :blissy

It's my beloved Samwise being the hero he is :rock
Must....order......NOW.......
:drool :drool

:lol:lol

I figured you would be happy Shell! :duff

Have to say the face on Sam does looks great from the small pic! :rock

While I am agreement that surroundings are important, I think your 90% is a little high, by your definition Balrog/gandalf, eagle/fellbeast, ringwraith/frodo and Frodo/Gollum are all not 'proper' dioramas...thats 4 out of 7 (and perhaps 5 out of 8 with the new one!) I don't think by this trend that many LOTR diorams will meet the criteria....personally I think it is because many of the most iconic scenes that would make great dio's have such large and lavish surroundings in LOTR that it would be impossible and cost prohibitive to make, or be such a small scale it would lose all detail :dunno

I wasn't talking about just LotR, I deliberately included other lines because for instance Star Wars dio's seem to have more surroundings to it than most of the LotR dio's.

I admit that I don't miss the surroundings with the Balrog/Gandalf dio (they're supposed to fly through the air) or the Eagle/Fell Beast dio (again, flying in the air), but I do miss a lot of surroundings with the Shades of Mordor and the CoD dio's. I'm not asking for an entire Weathertop environment with columns and what not, or an entire interior of Mt. Doom for Frodo and Gollum, just a bit more to make it a whole piece depicting the scene.

Your comment on that it would be impossible and cost prohibitive to make seems a bit odd to me, especially if you look at the Gandalf/Saruman diorama which had a substantial amount of surroundings and it sold pretty good.

Last edited:
I wasn't talking about just LotR, I deliberately included other lines because for instance Star Wars dio's seem to have more surroundings to it than most of the LotR dio's.

I admit that I don't miss the surroundings with the Balrog/Gandalf dio (they're supposed to fly through the air) or the Eagle/Fell Beast dio (again, flying in the air), but I do miss a lot of surroundings with the Shades of Mordor and the CoD dio's. I'm not asking for an entire Weathertop environment with colums and what not, or an entire interior of Mt. Doom for Frodo and Gollum, just a bit more to make it a whole piece depicting the scene.

Your comment on that it would be impossible and cost prohibitive to make seems a bit odd to me, especially if you look at the Gandalf/Saruman diorama which had a substantial amount of surroundings and it sold pretty good.

Sorry Polylord I didn't read your post properly...your right most dio's do have more surroundings :eek:...I guess i'm just clutching at straws trying to find a reason why LOTR dio's get less then others :monkey2

:lol:lol

I figured you would be happy Shell! :duff

Have to say the face on Sam does looks great from the small pic!
Oh yea, this is a great suprise.
I have to get one, must get one...Wow, Weta days of excitement flooding back....excellent :rock

He looks awesome.....finally something I can buy........finally SAM :woo

I don't know what to do first :joy :monkey5 :bunnydanc = tears of joy :monkey2
:lol

Sorry Polylord I didn't read your post properly...your right most dio's do have more surroundings :eek:...I guess i'm just clutching at straws trying to find a reason why LOTR dio's get less then others :monkey2

Haha that's ok! ;) Seriously, I'm very excited about the dio-line for Lord of the Rings, I'm just disappointed sometimes that Sideshow doesn't "get out of a piece" what they could. The Shades of Mordor would have been a MUST buy if at least the base was connected to the island Frodo was put on.

It's just a matter of personal taste obviously.

Oh and I agree, Sam looks good from the preview.

Oh yea, this is a great suprise.
I have to get one, must get one...Wow, Weta days of excitement flooding back....excellent

He looks awesome.....finally something I can buy........finally SAM :woo

I don't know what to do first

I was excited when I saw this earlier but your excitement it starting to get me all frenzied my friend!!!!!! :rock

Now I've got to order it as well....right.....NOW! :lol

I'm soooo glad your finally gonna be able to get a dio of not only your fave charactor but also your fave scene for that charactor :) :duff

Haha that's ok! ;) Seriously, I'm very excited about the dio-line for Lord of the Rings, I'm just disappointed sometimes that Sideshow doesn't "get out of a piece" what they could. The Shades of Mordor would have been a MUST buy if at least the base was connected to the island Frodo was put on.

It's just a matter of personal taste obviously.

Oh and I agree, Sam looks good from the preview.

Yeah, the old 'what could have been' is sometimes hard to swallow :( and i'm real sorry that some of these dios have not been what you were looking for :)

But, you never know, perhaps there's a 1/9 representation of Mount Doom attached to this new dio!! :monkey3 :lol

Back