1/6 Hot Toys - MMS624 - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Spider-Man (Integrated Suit) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really can’t understand how you are complaining about more accessories coming with a figure. Likely the same price with or without.

Figure looks great. I think I’m leaning with this one for my Holland suit in the NWH display.
Pile on the accessories, but it's mainly the back plug holes I have an issue with. Not only is it inaccurate, but it adds an unsightly aesthetic to the back.

I really can’t understand how you are complaining about more accessories coming with a figure. Likely the same price with or without.

Figure looks great. I think I’m leaning with this one for my Holland suit in the NWH display.
More about the inaccuracies and now the awful looking back plates if you don’t have the legs in…..
People want accuracy to the movies more so these days….

Pile on the accessories, but it's mainly the back plug holes I have an issue with. Not only is it inaccurate, but it adds an unsightly aesthetic to the back.

More about the inaccuracies and now the awful looking back plates if you don’t have the legs in…..
People want accuracy to the movies more so these days….
I’m never going to pose this guy back facing forward so I don’t really care. My shelves are against walls so I never see the back. Not an issue for me and shouldn’t be an issue for most collectors.

Since they used magnet for the wings I was hoping they had stronger magnets for the Iron Spider arms. My fault for thinking Hot Toys would do something innovative.

Since they used magnet for the wings I was hoping they had stronger magnets for the Iron Spider arms. My fault for thinking Hot Toys would do something innovative.
Magnets for connecting the spider arms just could not work; they’re long and heavy and the connection point is small. No magnet in the world would be strong enough to hold them in place.

I think I'm waiting to see what happens with this before ordering. There are a lot of great spidey dolls already and I think in a year you could get a good deal on this. I would expect interest to spike when the tobey figure releases though.

So I saw someone online complaining about the design of the spider emblem on this figure not matching what was in the movie and realized that they're right! So beyond the accessories that never appeared with this suit in the movie, the figure itself also has some notable differences.

The PS5 game's version is more accurate to how it appeared in the movie so that's useful to compare with, it has a more accurately shaped spider emblem & shoulders, but even that version is missing some minor details. The final movie suit was likely being changed & evolved until the very last minute.

To make the figure accurate they would have to:
  • Revise the shape of the upper-most spider legs
  • Add the black padding around the upper shoulder area of those same spider legs
  • Minor change to the shape of the other legs that go directly over the sides of the shoulders also
  • Remove the hexagon pattern on the gold
  • Some rearranging of the web pattern on the shoulders
  • New glove/hand design
Rough mockup comparison of some of those differences (not entirely accurate just for rough demonstration):

52INmhP.gif

And showing the difference between the hands:

Bjzobvz.jpg
The display setup is really looking good! I think that the initial suggested changes would have made him a 10/10 figure instead of the 9/10 figure he looks like now despite having some inaccurate extras (which I always welcome)

Didn't get mine yet, but now I'm thinking of saving the $$$ for the 1/4 scale version.
Screenshot_20230319_174949_Samsung Internet.jpg

Knees look hideous though lol

Back