Monday Night Football - Star Wars at halftime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is Benicio Del Toro the main villian?

Kylo is Adam Driver, best known for HBO show Girls.

Adam-Driver.jpg

I don't know if anyone else agrees with me...but the figure lying down with Rey crying over looks a bit fuzzy. I'm starting to think it may be Chewbacca...MAYBE. And yes, in the forest scene Kylo definitely has his helmet off.

I don't know if anyone else agrees with me...but the figure lying down with Rey crying over looks a bit fuzzy. I'm starting to think it may be Chewbacca...MAYBE. And yes, in the forest scene Kylo definitely has his helmet off.

Unless Han and Lea kept Wicket as a pet and......

Haha, it is bull****.

Awesome trailer. I'm pumped for this movie. Pre-ordered tickets for the 17th at 10:30 PM. No need to go 3D on this one, to me at least.

I just think it's a bit annoying now that there's no trace of Luke in any promotional material for this movie (and now won't be) yet we have tons of time with bewildered sweaty stormtrooper guy, Padme II and R2-meets-roll-on-deodorant.

I get it - the new crew - but they pushed Hamill at Celebration and it's been mentioned for a long time and now nothing.
Luke is the big reveal I'm fairly certain. That's why he's not being shown off much because in my opinion the filmmakers want to keep his role in the film sort of a mystery and not just put him all over in advertisements. Honestly I kind of like the way it's being done as it gives off the vibe that they're wanting to leave some things as surprises and slow build aspects of this film unlike a lot of current films that give away half the plot in trailers before even being released.

Also I don't expect Luke's role in this film to be very large. My guess is that he shows up towards the end and may only be in the last fifteen to twenty minutes or so and then will have a bigger role in the next two films.

Luke is the big reveal I'm fairly certain. That's why he's not being shown off much because in my opinion the filmmakers want to keep his role in the film sort of a mystery and not just put him all over in advertisements. Honestly I kind of like the way it's being done as it gives off the vibe that they're wanting to leave some things as surprises and slow build aspects of this film unlike a lot of current films that give away half the plot in trailers before even being released.

Also I don't expect Luke's role in this film to be very large. My guess is that he shows up towards the end and may only be in the last fifteen to twenty minutes or so and then will have a bigger role in the next two films.

I understand all that, but as you can see from the trailer (i.e. using just about every single piece of OT imagery you could think of) nostalgia for the OT is 99% of the experience of TFA and its trailers/posters (that and a collective PT enema) And having Luke in the trailer would have been the number 1 nostalgic hit, even if he only got as much time as Leia.

I don't really care about "plot reveals" (c'mon, this is JJ Abrams here - Chekhov it ain't) - just give me some Luke. And slow builds? The thing is released in less than two months, we're in the race to finish line in terms of promotion.

Ive heard that they have only revealed 1/4 to 1/3 of the movie in marketing, characters, teasers etc. My guess is that Luke is the Mcguffin for this episode....at the same time, Rey will be making the hero's journey from "I am nothing" to something greater.

I understand all that, but as you can see from the trailer (i.e. using just about every single piece of OT imagery you could think of) nostalgia for the OT is 99% of the experience of TFA and its trailers/posters (that and a collective PT enema) And having Luke in the trailer would have been the number 1 nostalgic hit, even if he only got as much time as Leia.

I don't really care about "plot reveals" (c'mon, this is JJ Abrams here - Chekhov it ain't) - just give me some Luke. And slow builds? The thing is released in less than two months, we're in the race to finish line in terms of promotion.

trust me, you'll be fine going another ~60 days more until the movie comes out. He's guaranteed to be in it and I'm sure his reveal will make a lot of people tear up in the theaters. Why waste a monumental moment like that on a final trailer less, than two months away from release? It'll all be worth it on Dec. 17.

And because it's SW, perfect time for this little lesson:D

patience.jpg

Back