Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company)

I don't think either side is a justified "win" so people are just more cautious.....perhaps because they have been burned before.

Im still fairly new to the hobby, less than 5 years, but I am not new in the real world. People rip others off all the time......all the time.

People will simply find putting a large amount of money up to a company on trust alone uncomfortable. There is nothing wrong with that. Personally, I find it quite unusual that people pay for a custom and wait years for delivery. I read the "Nate from Creepshow " thread , those guys still seem to think they will actually get their money back , or a figure.....I think they are delusional.

I hope for all involved we have a new player in town, competition is good for our hobby. I personally would not pre order, because in general I am done with pre orders.....there is no need really anymore....

There are some things about this company that, to me, scream "fly by night " and "spoof" ......just my spidersense. But I grew up in Brooklyn, so my ********-o-meter is very sensistive....perhaps too much.

If this pans out, it could be the start of a great new company.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Personally, I find it quite unusual that people pay for a custom and wait years for delivery. I read the "Nate from Creepshow " thread , those guys still seem to think they will actually get their money back , or a figure.....I think they are delusional.
Well the problem is that no one gets into a custom project expecting this. The artists/organizers/businesses who get these things started don't go in expecting this, either (and to clarify, the Creepshow figure was not to be a custom, but an officially licensed and produced figure). But customers go in expecting there may be some unanticipated delays, and artists get in over their heads, or not anticipating issues associated with costs or production logistics. Once things go 6 months, then a year, then a year and a half, etc., people may become really skeptical, but at a certain point there is no stick you can use when Paypal and credit card protection ends (if they ever cover customs to begin with). So, the most rational response is encouragement and hope for the artist/producer, which is what you often see. You also see some who want to lash out or publicly shame someone, but that doesn't have a lot of value IMO.

I wouldn't say she's the biggest at all

That's your opinion. I have stated mine.

(if they ever cover customs to begin with)

Like I said a few posts back - they'd don't. It's in their T&Cs

This is a problem too. Whenever one person challenges another's position they assume they are being attacked. In your post You told people they were being "full of themselves". That is not my idea of trying to "tone it down". To quote you a third time, ***If you can't understand that, you can always continue to argue etc....

***Another effort to try and "tone it down" by being condescending. Perhaps the phrase "tone it down" doesn't mean what you think it does? :lol

This is happening more and more frequently here.

Don't waste any more time with a sub 200 post troll. It's very clear that a few people posting to this thread have a very defined goal.

We've had the same argument on another Facebook group dear friend. David Tourangeau from One Sixth Canada. That guy who usually just shares pics and cool toy news?

Not trolling at all, no hidden agenda (see, that paranoïa again?) ;)

And sorry if i registered here too late. Apparently there's a minimum number of posts before you can write something here.

I condensed the post - it doesn't need anything besides the words below to get the message across.

Agreed.
Have to agree im just excited to see what that can do.
Why put in all the work they have spend money on sculpts only to con a few thousand off a few people when doing the job right will make them thousands and thousand yearly?

This is a problem too. Whenever one person challenges another's position they assume they are being attacked. In your post You told people they were being "full of themselves". That is not my idea of trying to "tone it down". To quote you a third time, ***If you can't understand that, you can always continue to argue etc....

***Another effort to try and "tone it down" by being condescending. Perhaps the phrase "tone it down" doesn't mean what you think it does? :lol

I'm sorry then. A simpler phrasing that says what it says.

I condensed the post - it doesn't need anything besides the words below to get the message across.

Agreed.

I will send you a check for being my editor...

;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And sorry if i registered here too late. Apparently there's a minimum number of posts before you can write something here.

If you're going to beat a horse, just make sure it's a live one. A perfect combination of very little activity coupled with an incessant negative angle on a particular subject while at the same time not really making any point tends to get one labeled a troll. If there's a point to be made, we're talking a different ballgame entirely. But if there ever was, it was made a long time ago by someone else and it's reasonable to expect everyone reading right now is already aware of it.

No one needs to buy anything. Every company has to start somewhere. No two companies necessarily work the same way. There are a million and two better ways to run a scam.

I hope the products turn out well - I've been saying for a long time there's a huge hole in the 1/6 market at, and just above, $300 for something above what Hot Toys and others have been releasing.

If you're going to beat a horse, just make sure it's a live one. A perfect combination of very little activity coupled with an incessant negative angle on a particular subject while at the same time not really making any point tends to get one labeled a troll.

Like i said, i casually post here and there, mainly on the Marvel, Star Wars and LotR threads. Mostly sharing stuff like in-hand pics of new figures when people ask.

I never should've come in this stupid thread in the first place, but the LotR part got my interest. You probably think i'm not making any point because everything i've said was already said by other members, but i don't know that, since i've been writing here only for the last two days.

I do regret that. Should've read all the pages first, realize this subject got more to do with epeen fights now and leave it like that. I'll keep an eye open if they ever release pics of that Legolas. I preordered Asmus', but i'd be glad to buy this one if it turns out like in the pics.

I showed Lennon to my Mother who has zero interest in this hobby and even she was amazed at how good it looked.
So as she liked it I then showed her HT's Michael Jackson bad figure as she went to see him live on the Bad Tour in 88 at Wembley and now she has me watching one on evilbay :rotfl

Like i said, i casually post here and there, mainly on the Marvel, Star Wars and LotR threads. Mostly sharing stuff like in-hand pics of new figures when people ask.

I never should've come in this stupid thread in the first place, but the LotR part got my interest. You probably think i'm not making any point because everything i've said was already said by other members, but i don't know that, since i've been writing here only for the last two days.

I do regret that. Should've read all the pages first, realize this subject got more to do with epeen fights now and leave it like that. I'll keep an eye open if they ever release pics of that Legolas. I preordered Asmus', but i'd be glad to buy this one if it turns out like in the pics.

Nice...way to help build a community here...my friend you are under no obligation to meet a post quota or read every page of a thread before contributing to the conversation unless the moderators made a rule change that I don't know about. You should feel free to post away! If others find your opinions to be troubling there are plenty of ways available to them to avoid being exposed to them.

I personally think this company has every intention of doing innovative things and producing premium museum quality figures. My only concern is that they could end up miscalculating by being too ambitious. But even if they make some mistakes with this first release and make less than they expect, as long as they deliver what they're promising they will be able to build a reputation and make any necessary adjustments going forward. This first release could well end up being both a market hook for the company and a bargain for buyers. Folks are preordering on faith to a degree because it's all still coming together. If they had shown this as a fully finished and polished prototype with a 500-piece limited edition they could probably charge $400-$450.

Roughly about 6 hours ago they said on their facebook page that they are in the process of another update & asking people to check back soon. I'm no web design expert on how long the process will take but maybe there will be something new today?

Looking forward to seeing the clothing, head sculpt for Lennon looks great...I don't collect music related figures, but, I am interested in their other licenses. Hope everything works out for everyone who preordered and we get another awesome 1/6 figure maker

That looks really dang good, geez! I'm not into collecting music figures, but I'm definitely looking forward to what they do next.

That looks amazing. I hope they get in good painters to match her level.

I got a response

"Apologies for delay, I am sure you can imagine its extremely hectic right now. We are in process of further updating so keep an eye out on the website & social media for more information very soon"

Back