Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company)

In follow-up to an earlier post, these are the placeholder glasses seen here

02-JohnLennon_Head_02-509x509.png

The ones on the painted sculpt appear to be a composited render - and for me, one of the biggest question marks of the entire production - that stuff is a PITA to make (I'm sure Robbie can confirm here).

I have no financial investment in this product or company (and I'm sure PT isn't worried about his). I have no intention of pre-ordering anything shown so far. But the repetitive posts are are a waste of time/effort. No one comes in here to read that. No one needs you to be Captain Obvious regurgitating the basic situation that absolutely everyone has always been aware of - especially without making any kind of point.

As Anx just recently posted, it's simply INANE.

Uhm...you could always stop reading this and find something else to do with your time...I am sure I am not the first person in the history of this forum to state the obvious repeatedly without making any point...you want less obvious and more points...log off and go read Nietzsche!

So what you're saying is that you're here to troll?

Nope...I am a passionate figure collector and fan of everything that K.A. Kim has done (I have a specific focus in my collection on her work) who would love to see this all be true and wonderful...unfortunately I have concerns and like everyone else who is a member here choose to share and discuss my views (regardless of how pointless they may seem to you, but not to others based upon other comments that align with my own) with other members...that counts as trolling now...?

In follow-up to an earlier post, these are the placeholder glasses seen here

02-JohnLennon_Head_02-509x509.png

The ones on the painted sculpt appear to be a composited render - and for me, one of the biggest question marks of the entire production - that stuff is a PITA to make (I'm sure Robbie can confirm here).

Where do they post their updates (like this pic)? Directly here?

Nope...I am a passionate figure collector and fan of everything that K.A. Kim has done (I have a specific focus in my collection on her work) who would love to see this all be true and wonderful...unfortunately I have concerns and like everyone else who is a member here choose to share and discuss my views (regardless of how pointless they may seem to you, but not to others based upon other comments that align with my own) with other members...that counts as trolling now...?

You really don't get it :lol :lol :lol

I think it's the inane repetitive posts that gets boring and annoying, not the one or two posts that highlight potential pitfalls to newbies. There's a HUGE difference.

Will there be apologies for the rudeness when proven wrong?

Good idea, jal76, blocked :lol
I think I only made one negative post but if they prove to be legit I will apologize. If they are legit and their LOTR figures look as nice as the Lennon one at about the same price point I may even buy.

Dodgy as hell if you ask me.
Kim wants to be careful as well, her reputation could be tarnished if this goes **** up. She's freelance now so just because she got paid don't mean they wont disappear with all the loot.
Unless she is an investor or is otherwise helping to run this company, I don't know how any of this affects her. Any artist could be commissioned to produce something, and the person doing the commissioning may or may not fulfill their obligations. But it looks like her role is essentially completed for this product. If she wants to say nice things about the company, I don't think anyone would fault her for that. Though if she goes too far vouching for them, I guess then she could be held accountable by some, but in my view I wouldn't blame her for anything apart from the (very high) quality of her work.

I think I only made one negative post but if they prove to be legit I will apologize. If they are legit and their LOTR figures look as nice as the Lennon one at about the same price point I may even buy.

Lots of us in the same boat ;)

i_want_to_believe_wallpaper_by_pencilshade.jpg

Where do they post their updates (like this pic)? Directly here?

On their web site. Like normal people/companies. ;) Yeah, I know everyone's having a stroke over no updates to their FB page - but ain't no one got time for that when building out your own site.

On their web site. Like normal people/companies. ;) Yeah, I know everyone's having a stroke over no updates to their FB page - but ain't no one got time for that when building out your own site.

Ah, that sliding bar on the website. I thought they posted something (Asmus does that on the LotR forums).

I hope they do Legolas from LOTR. I have to pass on Asmus' and it was one of my most anticipated figures from that line.

That skeleton thing though is way over produced. What is up with those eye sockets? They planning on PERS or light up eyes in the future? I don't even think that would articulate correctly when skinned. It reminds me of the Synthetic Human line which is meant to be a skinless android type thing - maybe they will offer it stand alone at some point, it does look cool on its own.

With technology making leaps and bounds and the ability to work with amazing artists the world over, it seems they very well could pull this off (barring certain things, like actually having those glasses fold like that - the hinge pin on those would be microscopic and super delicate).

On the other hand, one missed step could also see the company fold with only one offering or not even getting that out the door. I think it is exciting for more companies to get into the game so I am optimistic and enthusiastic for them.. Not buying this figure but I want them to nail it and then move on to Legolas and other LOTR goodies. A kick ass Travis Bickle with functioning arm holster/devices would be more than welcome too.

What??? she has promoted the company on her facebook account, she could of just shown the sculpt, no need to mention the company whatsoever. People respect her for what she has done in the industry so her showing the company on her facebook will obviously give it more credibility :slap
She's just promoting her own work. Does she have a reputation for pulling strings to get figures released? Would you expect her to have that kind of sway here for some reason? If not, I don't see the issue. If I'm a vender selling at the neighborhood grocery store, I'll tell people my product is available there, and if they go under, I don't think that reflects on me for previously promoting my product there. But to each their own.

Worst case scenario - the company is BS. If so, KA Kim will probably issue an apology (because she's nice) and be embarrassed for believing in them and promoting them on her FB.

Best case - KA Kim knows a lot more about Molecule8 than the sewing circle and fear mongers on this thread. :lol :lol

As karamazov80 has said, she's not selling the sculpts. She's had her money. She's showing off her work. She doesn't owe anyone here anything.

Best case - KA Kim knows a lot more about Molecule8 than the sewing circle and fear mongers on this thread. :lol :lol

The initial posts and info left some to infer that she was a member/partner/employee/stakeholder, if not founder, of Molecule8.

IMO, there must be good reason the principals of the company aren't making more noise about their identities or anyone else specifically involved in development and production. When it comes time to ship and promote heavily, more info will have to be made available or they won't be able to scale.

Re: Molecule8 (New company) - John Lennon 1/6 scale figure (sculpted by KA Kim)

What's interesting is that most of this 'oh no zomg fake company' stuff all started from one or two people who misinterpreted several documents/company law.

PANIC!!!!!!!

Everyone who paid using PayPal have nothing to fear, they hold all the cards.

Back