Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company)

I see they added another property.

BrandLogo_TheTick.png

Only slightly more interesting than John Lennon and Willy Wanka.

If it's the live action then that's a gamble as they've only aired the pilot so far.

MV5BMTkzNzk5MDY0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzExNzM2OTE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
I've got a hodge podge of super hero figures, and Tick would fit in there very nicely. I also think Warburton would be ideal, but if anyone took on that property now, I assume it would be for the forthcoming Amazon Prime show. I enjoyed the first episode, but he's no Warburton. . .on a related note, I was watching an old Law and Order episode last night, and the guy who played Arthur was involved in a fraternity rape case.

I showed Lennon to my Mother who has zero interest in this hobby and even she was amazed at how good it looked.
So as she liked it I then showed her HT's Michael Jackson bad figure as she went to see him live on the Bad Tour in 88 at Wembley and now she has me watching one on evilbay :rotfl
I've got both the Thriller-era MJ's, and a custom Freddie Mercury. Love me some musician figures.

I see they added another property.

BrandLogo_TheTick.png

Only slightly more interesting than John Lennon and Willy Wanka.

If it's the live action then that's a gamble as they've only aired the pilot so far.

MV5BMTkzNzk5MDY0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzExNzM2OTE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

:rotfl Sly.

A pass for me, but interesting figure none-the-less.

Kim is amazing......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While every reasonable care has been taken in preparing this website, MOLECULE8 Ltd. cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies or omissions. Visual representations, illustrations, photographs, art renderings, and other graphic representations and references are intended to portray only artist's impressions of the model and cannot be regarded as representation of fact. All information, specifications, renderings, visual representations and accessories are correct at the time of publication and are subject to change as may be required by us and/or interested parties and shall not form part of any offer or contract nor constitute any warranty by us and shall not be regarded as statements or representations of fact. All facts are subject to amendments.

Godspeed, people :wave

Looks like they changed the description from first 500 sequentially numbered to first 1000

If they can mass produce at that quality watch out HT. That sculpt and paint are phenomenal.

I tell you what, I'd be more than happy to give them my money for a figure I want that no one has and probably won't produce.

I noticed the 500 to 1000 also.

I really hope this company is legit Hot Toys needs a good kick up the ass! I quite like the idea of a new company being Hot Toys in the number 1 spot as it seems like they've lost passion for the good lines.:lecture

Blitzway are great but they tend to deliver 1 or 2 figure sets a year. :dunno
Still don't get the underline body for this :rotfl

No one is going to catch HT for the top spot when it comes to the complete operation. HT is regularly beaten on sculpt, paint, clothing and even packaging, but no other company has the production pipeline, distribution and ability to maintain their consistency in all matters from start to finish.

The biggest opportunity M8 has, IMO, is tapping that $300-350 sweet spot for much higher quality figures that is currently only ever achieved by small-run custom projects (at even higher prices).

No one is going to catch HT for the top spot when it comes to the complete operation. HT is regularly beaten on sculpt, paint, clothing and even packaging, but no other company has the production pipeline, distribution and ability to maintain their consistency in all matters from start to finish.

The biggest opportunity M8 has, IMO, is tapping that $300-350 sweet spot for much higher quality figures that is currently only ever achieved by small-run custom projects (at even higher prices).

:exactly: :goodpost: totally agree, carve out their own niche and they can be leaders there

Here's the thing when Hot Toys started the production numbers were probably in line with this, but now with the licensing and increased interest in this scale the production numbers for Marvel and Star Wars is likely 5-10k. With many new releases languishing in warehouses. Are there 1000 people in the collecting community going to shell out $300 for a Lennon figure?. I guess we will find out. I want competition at this scale to get quality up and more niche figures released. Price is already so high I have massively scaled back my collecting.

Back