Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company)

Are there 1000 people in the collecting community going to shell out $300 for a Lennon figure?

If this turns out to be truly high end sure it will sell out. Look at what folks pay for high end statues these days, and some of them sell out immediately. There is a market for this but so far all that's been shown is a single prototype head and KA Kim's smiling face.

Man I really want this figure but this company should at least show one teaser pic of the full figure. I could be wrong but it doesn't look like that's happening.:(

It's a great looking body.

But if it's covered in a skin, kinda pointless on a Lennon doll......unless you are doing the naked post with Yoko for some odd reason.

I agree, it is a great looking body...wonder how they are going to cover it. Now, in order to do a naked spread with Yoko, his body would have to be anatomically correct wouldn't it? Otherwise, you'd have to cover it in a paper covering to display it :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder if it is pronounced "moe-leck-u-late" or "molecule eight"? :dunno

Sure those bodies look fancy and all but once dressed what about this?
b7be900bc9954575645d574c1649c32b.gif

I see their website lists ghostbusters as one of their licenses. I wonder how long it will take them to release these. If the soldier story and or blitzway figures turn out to be pretty high quality figures will molecule 8 be available to sell very many ghostbuster figures.

I wonder if the body is truly stainless steel or just certain parts of it? I mean if it's all stainless steel covered in some sort of plating or a highly polished stainless steel armature it seems that would be a huge cost factor. If all the parts are actually machined I can't see it coming in at that price point. Maybe if the parts were all cast it's possible. Maybe hard forged parts. Any way it is made would seem to be a huge undertaking assembly wise.

I wonder if it is possible (providing these are ever released and this is not all smoke and mirrors) that the body would remain unskinned with a sculpted neck and sculpted hands...basically just a clothed endoskeleton...?

I wonder if it is possible (providing these are ever released and this is not all smoke and mirrors) that the body would remain unskinned with a sculpted neck and sculpted hands...basically just a clothed endoskeleton...?

You just can't help yourself :lol

f57670db9ffbc4929b71447f16583333.jpg

The skull suggests that a release might have an articulated face otherwise its pointless.

If that worked that would be incredible. It will never work - because presumably expression in humans is created by more than just the skull - but an amazing ambition to have.

I see their website lists ghostbusters as one of their licenses. I wonder how long it will take them to release these. If the soldier story and or blitzway figures turn out to be pretty high quality figures will molecule 8 be available to sell very many ghostbuster figures.

They surely won't have the licence for Ghostbusters in 1:6 scale? Weird if they do especially if KA Kim sculpts them having already done the Blitzway set. :lol

You just can't help yourself :lol

View attachment 338928

Guess that makes two of us...everyone else here is commenting about the company and the figure you wake up to comment about my comments...I am flattered...you should start a jal76 thread and get it all out of your system...

It's a ****in computer generated picture. It's not real. Holy ****, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Quote this post and put it in the background of your John Lennon figure you receive next month.

I don't get the inner body with such a high degree of finish and such- this is pretty crazy- I just don't see this coming out as "described"

Is it really? I honestly didn't know

I mean, I guess you need to know what to look for. But really, doesn't it look TOO perfect?

You'd expect to see some seamlines somewhere, with how big the photo is and how detailed it is, you'd expect a blemish somewhere. A camera reflection??

Look at the skull, despite the fact that it's made of multiple pieces, all of the surfaces are completely flush. Even along the edges of the skull, there is no gap between the pieces. The shadows in the cut-out areas of the top of the skull are probably the major dead giveaway.

It's just insane to me that people are giving these guys any credit at all, when they are clearly, at the very least, in way over their head.

It's evident that they've spent money commissioning the headsculpt, and getting some skilled artists to do mock-ups. But I mean, ****, the headsculpt commission was probably the most expensive part, Kim charges maybe a grand or two for the sculpt. The art was probably done by someone on Upwork for a few hundred, website, probably the same. They've probably taken in at least 20-30 orders so far, judging from the reaction here, and on social media, so, even conservatively they already have $6000 in their PayPal account, so they've more than made their money back already. They'll take in a few grand in the next 30-60 days, close out their PayPal account and move on to something else.

Maybe set up Fyre Festival 2.0

Everyone will file a PayPal claim, rinse and repeat.

I mean, I guess you need to know what to look for. But really, doesn't it look TOO perfect?

You'd expect to see some seamlines somewhere, with how big the photo is and how detailed it is, you'd expect a blemish somewhere. A camera reflection??

Look at the skull, despite the fact that it's made of multiple pieces, all of the surfaces are completely flush. Even along the edges of the skull, there is no gap between the pieces. The shadows in the cut-out areas of the top of the skull are probably the major dead giveaway.

It's just insane to me that people are giving these guys any credit at all, when they are clearly, at the very least, in way over their head.

It's evident that they've spent money commissioning the headsculpt, and getting some skilled artists to do mock-ups. But I mean, ****, the headsculpt commission was probably the most expensive part, Kim charges maybe a grand or two for the sculpt. The art was probably done by someone on Upwork for a few hundred, website, probably the same. They've probably taken in at least 20-30 orders so far, judging from the reaction here, and on social media, so, even conservatively they already have $6000 in their PayPal account, so they've more than made their money back already. They'll take in a few grand in the next 30-60 days, close out their PayPal account and move on to something else.

Maybe set up Fyre Festival 2.0

Everyone will file a PayPal claim, rinse and repeat.

Exactly. Now you had better go in to hiding because some posters in this thread are about to completely lose their minds!

It seems utterly pointless going over this same argument again and again. Almost feels some are hoping they turn out to be crooks just to be proven right. Can we not just wait and see before jumping to conclusions.

Back