Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, after I posted I whittled it down very close to the eyes and it looked great but then I decided to take some off the back because I felt it was too thick. Well, I cut it too thin in one area and a very small part of the eyes came off. :gah: After all that hard work I ruined it! It took a long while to get all the PERS stuff off too. I have the Wayne head on now until I recide what Im gong to do.

Honestly pics does this guy no justice. Painting the eylids makes such a huge difference....

imageausk.jpg

imagetmae.jpg

Mods:
Widened cowl
Painted eyelids
sanded back of faceplate
ankle widening
cut buckles off of gloves
widened guantlets at the wrist
heated/remolded chest & shoulder armor
glued sleeves down to the wrist
custom cape

Yeah, it's crazy what painting does for the eyes. Heating/remolding the chest? First time I ever heard of it. Why does it need it. Do you have a before and after?

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about taking the fat suit off of mine. For the belt all you have to do it remove a few links for a better fit. Didn't know that about the boots though. So I guess just leaving the fat suit parts of the legs in and just cut the torso parts out for better mobility. Anyway, I thought I heard of another way to take the suit out that Maglor tried but I don't know what he did.

Glad it helps!

can anyone link me the head widening mod by ecz? i've been searching for it, but there's no link in front..

Yeah, it's crazy what painting does for the eyes. Heating/remolding the chest? First time I ever heard of it. Why does it need it. Do you have a before and after?

Yeah, Maglor did it. You just use a hair dryer to heat up the whole upper armor and just use your hands to mold tighter to the body. It helps it look less bulky.

Is there a tutorial to paint the eyes?

Too scared to do it... Would rather buy another head but that costs so much.

Manipulate the pers so that the eyes are looking as far away as possible from the point where you are painting. Using a very fine brush, or another small instrument such as a toothpick may work (others may have a better suggestion, I happen to own a variety of brushes), carefully paint the edges where the flesh tone is with a black paint (I, and I think most here, used an acrylic paint).

Manipulate the pers so that the eyes are looking as far away as possible from the point where you are painting. Using a very fine brush, or another small instrument such as a toothpick may work (others may have a better suggestion, I happen to own a variety of brushes), carefully paint the edges where the flesh tone is with a black paint (I, and I think most here, used an acrylic paint).

Thanks, that makes sense cause if you do touch the eyeball by mistake it will not be seen when you move the eyes down.

Anything special about the acrylic paint you used?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back