Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How could you possibly get the suit off without either cutting or sewing? The neck hole isn't nearly big enough to fit the whole figure through...

Yes, It needs at least one slice between shoulder blades.:dunno

And on the kevlar mod, it's not possible on all DX12's. One of my connectors was bonded solidly to the suit, no way it could ever come of. I did shorten them though and also cut the elastics holding the shoulder pads and tightened them. Cutting the shoulder pads into two pieces is well worth it also IMO, that was one of my peeves with the armor.

How could you possibly get the suit off without either cutting or sewing? The neck hole isn't nearly big enough to fit the whole figure through...

i loosened the seam maybe less than an inch on one side (i'll have to look at how far down i went). you technically could sew it or glue it, but after replacing the armor it doesn't even show. you could also, ostensibly loosen it on both sides for more ease.

again, maybe it doesn't matter to keep the integrity of the suit, i just know i would have freaked out over the thought of taking scissors to it and having to worry about unraveling, etc. in the aftermath.

Crazy/super glue works perfectly, when you cut the rubber part from the DX02 boots do it at an angle, it then glues seamlessly into the DX12 shoes.

woohoo, on getting the suit off, I was so glad i did. By the way the easiest way to shorten the belt is simply to take out one link from the side of the back panel but leave the adhesive strip intact, then a drop of glue to attach, it's invisible and the same as the the stock belt.

Found a way around needing to shorten the belt. ;)

i loosened the seam maybe less than an inch on one side (i'll have to look at how far down i went). you technically could sew it or glue it, but after replacing the armor it doesn't even show. you could also, ostensibly loosen it on both sides for more ease.

again, maybe it doesn't matter to keep the integrity of the suit, i just know i would have freaked out over the thought of taking scissors to it and worry about unraveling, etc. in the aftermath.

Sounds like you did what Gippeto did. He just sewed his back up.

Didn't bother me cutting. As you said it's covered by the chest/back armor. And I just put a bit of superglue all along the cut edges. They won't be doing and fraying. I don't even see a need to glue or sew them together. :)

Didn't bother me cutting. As you said it's covered by the chest/back armor. And I just put a bit of superglue all along the cut edges. They won't be doing and fraying. I don't even see a need to glue or sew them together. :)

to be honest i didn't sew or glue mine back up either ~ it's covered by the armor and looks fine.

and i avoided the superglue altogether (of which i am deathly fearful of).

Yeah, I'm afraid of superglue as well. I got a tiny drop on his knee, and it's like: "well I guess that's on there forever." :lol

Waiting on the putty to harden before I start sanding a wee bit around the eyes. The acrylic paint gives it too rough a texture upon close viewing for my liking. Finally snapped a halfway decent shot of the head with robbie's mouthpiece, too. Was considering widening the head, but eh...not a big deal. I don't know why the hell photobucket insists on blurring up my photos, either. Annoying. Waiting on a TonyMeis cape, which I'm pretty excited about.

IMG_20130110_183750_094.jpg

Nice job with the squint. It's one of two mods I want to do but am way too terrified. The other being taking the padding off the body.

Nice job though, looks natural.

Well I had already taken the PERS apart and made the eyes individually movable, because he was a little cross eyed, so I just popped the eyeballs out while I was sculpting and painting. I've done so much with the head that I can pull everything out of it in about 3 seconds.

Thanks guys. I managed to **** up robbie's mouthpiece while I was messing with the cowl and rubbed off a good bit of paint, so I just stripped it down completely and re-did the paint job. Pretty happy with how it turned out. I just used the natural flesh tone of the plastic he cast it in and brushed on some tan to give it a more natural tone. Here's a pic without the glaring light.

DSCN0560.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I managed to **** up robbie's mouthpiece while I was messing with the cowl and rubbed off a good bit of paint, so I just stripped it down completely and re-did the paint job. Pretty happy with how it turned out. I just used the natural flesh tone of the plastic he cast it in and brushed on some tan to give it a more natural tone. Here's a pic without the glaring light.

DSCN0560.jpg

Looks great:clap:clap love the eyes on your Dark Knight

Hey, plasmid! I'm contemplating the kevlar connector mod...

I'm not clear on what happens to the little triangle piece in the first pic above...

Hey Mags :wave

When removing each Kevlar connector, you will need to sever it from two points on the armor. One point is located under the chest plate, the other point of connection goes underneath the shoulder pad. See the small triangle on each shoulder pad? Those triangles are not sculpted into the shoulder pads. They are actually the ends of each Kevlar connector. When you remove the Kevlar connector, you are also removing that little triangle in the shoulder pad.

Because this mod requires you to switch each connector to the opposite side of the body, you will need to sever the triangle end, as shown in the photo. That triangle needs to be glued back into the shoulder pad.

Once you remove the Kevlar connector, it should become obvious what needs to be done.

Hope that helps. I don't know if I'm being redundant or wordy, sorry. I want to illustrate my point further with a diagram, but I'm on my iPad. Tomorrow, if you still need more clarification.

Also, what glue did you use to get the connector back in place?

Standard generic superglue. I think the brand was called Locktite. I'd recommend a glue that dries more transparent rather than opaque, but since the places where you will be glueing wont be seen, it doesn't really matter.

DSCN0560.jpg

Nice work, both on the eyes and the face plate repair! :clap

Thanks plasmid!

I was able to peel the kevlar connectors away from the shoulders and chest plates on both sides without cutting anything. I was immediately apparent what the triangles were.

Now for the scary part...

Back