MMS83 - Hellboy II – HELLBOY figure Spec and Hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BOth Hellboy and Abe are the only figures along with the Godfather that i regret selling and forever will be missed!They are proof of how AWESOME Hot Toys once was!When they left my home i said goodbye to the 1/6 world!;_;

Ok, so i finally got a mint one today. And when i touch the pleather pants, the ****ing thing CRACKED! Belt too. Even though i was touchin it gently.

Sucks dude. I have a feeling that boxed figures for a long time are bad. Mine has been out of the box since I first got him and still going strong. I have posed him a lot and the body and clothing are still in great shape.

Same here robbie, I wouldn't be surprised if keeping them boxed makes all the plastics react or something, I have nothing to back that statement up but mine's been on display since the day I opened it and it still looks exactly the same.

The guy I bought it from actually never played with it. Just diplayed it, and it was fine before I touched it.

The pouches on the belt were on the verge of breaking as well. :(

Im really heavy handed with my figures and not too many problems. I will say my Abe has split in the elbows which sucks.

After your post I went and checked mine and nothing. Even reposed him some like lifting up his arms and checking under. Nothing. Also my pants are still soft with wrinkles but no splits or cracks. Sorry dude.

Hey Hydeous,are you sure that what you bought is official Hot Toys product?The reason i say this is because i remember someone on Facebook complainin about their bootleg Hellboy having problems with the pleather cracking.I think it was on Mark OSR page but not really sure since that was about a year ago.^_^

Its legit, as the right leg is broken and have been fixed. Im through with figures using pleather material. :(

Glad to hear yours is still holding up fine, robbie :)

Same here robbie, I wouldn't be surprised if keeping them boxed makes all the plastics react or something, I have nothing to back that statement up but mine's been on display since the day I opened it and it still looks exactly the same.

I agree with that line of thought. I remember reading about megos that had never been removed from their boxes, but were disintegrating. The plastic was showing signs of discoloration and melting. Heard the same thing about modern 1/6 figures kept in their boxes.

My general rules when it comes to handling my toys:
1) Remove from box
2) Take out all batteries
3) Keep room temperature moderate (around 21 degrees celsius)

I think that my HB being boxed up for so long may have led to his knee breaking like it did. Now that I replaced the bad knee with a TT knee joint its good as new but regardless I'm moving both my HB and Abe now so if anybody is looking for them let me know. I'm open to trade or sell.

Does any know how to fix the left hand peg?. I had him in a Detolf for over year and finally tried to change the pose, barely moved the hand and wrist just snapped off.

When you roll up the rubber there are two small screws, which apparently removes the arm from inside the rubber, but I don't have anything to replace it with. Did this happen to anyone?

If the nipple part of the peg is all that has broken, there are several ways people have gone about getting them out.

There is the mini drill bit and screw method.
Take a really small drill bit and drill into the broken section, then take a small screw just slightly bigger then the hole and thread it in. Then pull on the screw and the end should come out.

There is the hot pin trick.
You take a straight pin and heat it up and whiile its still hot push it into the broken section. Let it cool. Then pull on the pin and the end comes out.

I for one use the drill bit and screw method and it works like a charm if you have a small bit and screw and as a model builder I always do.

Good luck.

As long as the bit is smaller then the broken peg, your golden. I have used drywall screws because I have them around and they are really pointy. Just need something with enough thread to bite into the peg.

Not a problem. Helping a brother out. Be aware that the knees on your figure are probably broken and will need replacements. Hellboy is a great figure but his plastics seems compromised by the red and also he was before they switched to the newer and more durable knees. A lot of people have picked him up from a long time pose to find his legs have just come apart.

Last edited:
As long as the bit is smaller then the broken peg, your golden. I have used drywall screws because I have them around and they are really pointy. Just need something with enough thread to bite into the peg.

Not a problem. Helping a brother out. Be aware that the knees on your figure are probably broken and will need replacements. Hellboy is a great figure but his plastics seems compromised by the red and also he was before they switched to the newer and more durable knees. A lot of people have picked him up from a long time pose to find his legs have just come apart.

Oh man... and I was considering getting one eventually. Guess I'll just hope they make a Hellboy 3 movie and HT picks it up again...

As much as I would love to see that, that will be a very long wait. According to Mike Mignola, there is nothing remotely in the works. Hot Toys could simply re-release the figure though, if they still have the rights.

Personally I will never get rid of this figure. It will always be in collection. I'll replace the knees again if it means having this figure.

HT will never re release this figure.

Back