MMS83 - Hellboy II – HELLBOY figure Spec and Hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A buddy of mine gave me one as a thank you gift not too long ago.... Truly one of the best "thank you's" I've ever received. :)

hellboy1.jpg

hellboy2.jpg

...and here's that last one in a different crop to fit Facebook cover dimensions. :)

hellboycover.jpg

Sallah

Congrats Sallah! Beautiful pictures! Wish I had friends like yours. This figure is one of the best pieces Hot Toys has ever made.

Congrats Sallah! Beautiful pictures! Wish I had friends like yours. This figure is one of the best pieces Hot Toys has ever made.

Thanks man! Yeah, I am astounded by how nice he is. I resisited buying him due to the after-market price (even though I am a big HB fan), so getting him as a gift was freaking awesome...

Sallah

This is truly a great figure. I just got it last week. It was supposed to be MIB, but that unfortunately was not the case. The pants were torn a bit near the feet a bit because of the black inner packaging being torn to shreds during shipping. The outer box was in perfect condition. Is this possibly due to a heat issue? Luckily, the seller is going to send me some new pants. I am eagerly awaiting displaying this with my other figures.

its really strange , as I never seen much of Him on Evil Bay, or Even other Forums .. but the lasrt couple of Weeks, I seen about 4 of these For Sale :horror

I am gonna try to acquire 1 , as I will get Abe Sapien aswell :)

looks very nice ,

Daz

For those of you who still have this, hows this figure holding up? Especially the pleather pants. I've heard that most of em have started to flake and crumble.

For those of you who still have this, hows this figure holding up? Especially the pleather pants. I've heard that most of em have started to flake and crumble.

Mine are fine but I don't repose him (I love the pose he's in too much to even think about it), and he's out of the sun.

I had one of the original Medicom Vaders as well, which had a similar type of pleather. Must be close to 15 years old now, and that's still fine too.

Edit: Just had a look at my Medi Vader. 2005. Seemed like longer.... So, eight years. Not a single problem./

I was so worried about rubber deterioration I didnt notice his leg was falling off. Later I wanted to swap out the normal hand, and the peg broke. Went in box to get a spare. There weren't any. Cant remember if it came with spares or not. Wound up using lost predator peg, which is slightly to big. My little red guy is all messed up just from standing around and doing nothing. But the rubber, and pants are fine

Pants are good...I just recently put a black t on him...and knee is still fine too...but I have a spare knee for the future if I need it...

Aside from the knee swap mines still mint. Displayed in a cabinet out of the sun, not re-posed often. Dropped some of the bullets from his gun :slap if anyone wants to donate - ;)

One of my all time favourites.

HBPortrait4.jpg

HBPortrait3.jpg

HBPortrait.jpg

HBPortrait2.jpg

Nothing lasts forever but the likes of this, my Medi ROTJ Vader jumpsuit, Ed-209 dome and every other figure with a rubber body and/or clad in pleather are all 100% fine touch wood.
The majority of my figures were box fresh & trapped in my attic for years and have now been on display behind glassed cabinets for 12 months. I think it's a combination of how they're handled, posed and displayed that causes a lot of this deterioration DX02 batman notwithstanding)

And yeah, HB is still one PF Hot Toys finest. Abe too IMO

I bought mine still sealed in the box in December, opened it and immediately put it in my Detolf - straight legs, straight arms because I did not want to damage him in any way. After thinking about it I put him up for sale/trade yesterday and when putting him back in his box I noticed his right knee was broke - WTH!! I simply took out the knee joint and replaced it so it works but the knee joint isn't red. That doesn't bother me but how it broke in just a few months time without being touched or played with does. I don't know if it's the top heavy nature of the figure, the dye used in the red body making it brittle or what it is but it stinks that it broke - LOL

I bought mine still sealed in the box in December, opened it and immediately put it in my Detolf - straight legs, straight arms because I did not want to damage him in any way. After thinking about it I put him up for sale/trade yesterday and when putting him back in his box I noticed his right knee was broke - WTH!! I simply took out the knee joint and replaced it so it works but the knee joint isn't red. That doesn't bother me but how it broke in just a few months time without being touched or played with does. I don't know if it's the top heavy nature of the figure, the dye used in the red body making it brittle or what it is but it stinks that it broke - LOL

sounds like you need to exercise your figures regularly otherwise they atrophy.

Back