1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saw this on OSR FB page. think it's taken from the new Secret Base store.

1452570_778495668834208_582801430_n.jpg

I was a little disappointed in this sculpt's expression when I first saw it but after getting the X3 Wolverine and seeing this pic I'm really diggin' it. Really fits the character.

I still would prefer a simpler expression. After watching the film a few times, there are some shots like the 'then what can you be a part of' scene, and the final fight when he shakes his armour off...I hope they make another version.

So now that Supes AND Jor-El are out, when do you predict this dude to be released? I reckon Mid to late February.

One thing they need to work on his hair imo. It just looks too perfect. Shannon has a full head of hair, but not that full and perfect looking.

So now that Supes AND Jor-El are out, when do you predict this dude to be released? I reckon Mid to late February.

I don't see this one arriving early, it's a lot more intricate than either Superman or Jor El. If this is currently down for April I reckon it'll be May or June before he actually arrives

This amazing figure gets delayed so they can make Brokeback Tony Stark? Ugh, the same week HT blows my mind with the DX13, they bring me back to earth with this delay and that TS figure. :lol:lol

DISPLEASURE!

JULY?!!!!!!! FOR REAL?!!!!! FREAKING ***JULY****????!!!!!

Brokeback Tony Stark, LMAO! Still waiting for the giant stuffed rabbit exclusive, lol. Which would be out before next July, you can bet on it.

I don't see this one arriving early, it's a lot more intricate than either Superman or Jor El. If this is currently down for April I reckon it'll be May or June before he actually arrives

I thought that when it was first announced but HT pump out Iron Man figures left, right & center. I know they aint the same but they aint a long way away in terms of how intricate they are. I hope it comes a little early but yeah, I can understand if it doesn't.

If I recall in an interview Hot Toys stated that they were having trouble with their diecast figures and this could be the reason for these recent releases they simply swapped their dates around. Were Iron Patriot was schedule to be released in November is now due out in April of next year and so it switched places with Mechanic Tony and or Mandarin.

I wish I could look at this figure and think the same as what I do with Jor-El and Superman which is how much they look like the actor. As strange as this may sound I do look at pics of this and thing it suits Zod but I just can't see Michael Shannon whatsoever. I think the main problem is how young he looks. He has no age wrinkles or any of his signature spots like in the photos below and like what the Jor-El figure has.

I am not over familiar with HT but is there any chance that they make these drastic changes or do the only make subtle changes? Other than it not looking like Shannon, the suit and other head look fantastic :yess:
Man-of-Steel-General-Zod.jpg

3227502-5886529531-Man-O.jpg

I wish I could look at this figure and think the same as what I do with Jor-El and Superman which is how much they look like the actor. As strange as this may sound I do look at pics of this and thing it suits Zod but I just can't see Michael Shannon whatsoever. I think the main problem is how young he looks. He has no age wrinkles or any of his signature spots like in the photos below and like what the Jor-El figure has.

I am not over familiar with HT but is there any chance that they make these drastic changes or do the only make subtle changes? Other than it not looking like Shannon, the suit and other head look fantastic :yess:
Man-of-Steel-General-Zod.jpg

3227502-5886529531-Man-O.jpg

Unfortunately, I agree with you here. I PO'd Zod because I want the MoS collective, but in terms of likeness, this one falls far short of the accuracy they got with Crowe and Cavill. I applaud when they try to give us a more dynamic expression, but this is just off.

All I can do, like you, is hope they tweak this one far more in its final stage than they did to the other two, vastly improving upon it. :pray:

Unfortunately, I agree with you here. I PO'd Zod because I want the MoS collective, but in terms of likeness, this one falls far short of the accuracy they got with Crowe and Cavill. I applaud when they try to give us a more dynamic expression, but this is just off.

All I can do, like you, is hope they tweak this one far more in its final stage than they did to the other two, vastly improving upon it. :pray:
Yeah I am about to PO Zod for that very reason but I really do hope that it gets tweaked a fair bit. I would hate to mostly have him in his helmet all the time :(

I like the overall look of the figure. Sure the HS isn't has good as the other 2, but I also like his helmeted look even more.

Back