1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to start rushing Sideshow (or whomever) with emails. This info needs to get back to Hot Toys, this many people in one thread indicates a sub-standard part. Like I mentioned, Hot Toys doesn't offer an after-sales warranty, but this is kind of ridiculous.

Best advice, I took the head off, and got the hair all wet, completely. Then slid the mask on, once the dried, I put it back on her body.

Can anyone tell me if the phicen body is the same size as the body she comes with, because if it is as soon as I get my The Cat she is going in for some plastic surgery I hate her sorry arse :pfft:

If the hair is pretty wet you can tighten it to the back of her head and out of the way of the clasp, at least that's what's worked for me. Dragging the mask overthe face is pretty risky IMO.

Good point. Although that is the method I tried the first time, I'll give that another go when my replacement goggles show up.

Thanks for the assistance, Maglor

No problem. :duff

I was afraid of that... I'd imagine if and when the genuine article goes up, it will sell for mad crazy expensive. Damn, I don't know what I got myself into. Now I gotta figure out ways to protect my figure - from earthquakes to little kids. And I thought resin figures were bad -lol. Man, if I had known about this earlier I would have bought TWO Selina Kyles. Hmm.. any chance we may see a re-release or perhaps an improved DX version? I mean considering the Dark Knight movies are now over...

I bought the genuine article. It was $65.

In cases like this, where I ruin something, I just pay whatever I have to right away. It reduces the sick feeling you get in your gut significantly. I bought mine within 5 minutes of breaking them. :D

Broke mine too :lol

:hi5:

I know it's not really funny, but if you don't laugh you'll cry, right? :lol

Two things:

1: There is gonna be a massive ebay rush for these.
2: I'm never ****ing taking my one off again.

:goodpost:

However, I didn't break mine in taking them off/putting them on. That's the part I was most worried about, but the real danger was in futzing with it after it was in place. When the goggles are in the up position, do not do anything with them other than spin the goggles. If you apply any pressure to the arms, they will break.

Ugh. Broke my mask as well. Thought I was being insanely gentle but one of the pins that attaches the goggles just popped. It didn't seem like it was put together well to begin with. I found one on eBay but it was gone quickly. It was like $65 too. :slap

That's the pair I bought. Reputable seller too.

Best advice, I took the head off, and got the hair all wet, completely. Then slid the mask on, once the dried, I put it back on her body.

Good advice. I did actually try that, but didn't wet the hair "completely" as you say. A totally wet head, and no body in the way might make it easier to clasp the mask in the back.

Good advice. I did actually try that, but didn't wet the hair "completely" as you say. A totally wet head, and no body in the way might make it easier to clasp the mask in the back.

Thing is, some might accidentally let out a bit of excessive force when trying to place the head on the body. Which might run a bigger risk.

God-damnit just broke mine too, two hours after the UPS guy brought it..I thought I was better than any of you all and thought most of these guys have sausage fingers and are clumsy..lol, oh well..

I didn't even touch the mask after I inspected the figure and looked the goggles over. That just looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Makes me wonder how much more sturdier it would have been had people not *****ed for it to be removable. Then maybe we could have gotten stronger posts inside the actual head. Wouldn't have to worry about it be crooked or lopsided, only the actual goggles themselves.

Keep an eye out for Toy Anxiety, they should be getting some Selinas in pretty soon for parting out.
The mask/goggles will be cheaper from them.

I didn't even touch the mask after I inspected the figure and looked the goggles over. That just looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Makes me wonder how much more sturdier it would have been had people not *****ed for it to be removable. Then maybe we could have gotten stronger posts inside the actual head. Wouldn't have to worry about it being crooked or lopsided, only the actual goggles themselves.

I been lurking about this thread for about a month now. Today, I finally made a profile so I could be part of the conversation. :) I pre-ordered my Selina Kyle from BBTS back in March and supposedly they're receiving a partial shipment next week. Hopefully, I get my Selina with their first shipment. I can't wait to have this figure.

I pre-ordered my Selina from BBTS last August! (I liked their $179.99 price better than Sideshow's $199.99 price, even with free shipping and exclusive mask) and have had a whole Pile of Loot held up waiting for her to finally show up. They said JULY 2013, but that came and went and it is still in preorder stage and now showing AUGUST 2013 as the arrival date. A whole year later. :slap:gah:

Thing is, some might accidentally let out a bit of excessive force when trying to place the head on the body. Which might run a bigger risk.

That's certainly something to be cautious of.

God-damnit just broke mine too, two hours after the UPS guy brought it..I thought I was better than any of you all and thought most of these guys have sausage fingers and are clumsy..lol, oh well..

I had a similar thought. :lol

Makes me wonder how much more sturdier it would have been had people not *****ed for it to be removable. Then maybe we could have gotten stronger posts inside the actual head. Wouldn't have to worry about it be crooked or lopsided, only the actual goggles themselves.

No one can blame me, I was fine with it not being removable. :lecture

Makes me wonder how much more sturdier it would have been had people not *****ed for it to be removable. Then maybe we could have gotten stronger posts inside the actual head. Wouldn't have to worry about it being crooked or lopsided, only the actual goggles themselves.

Am I having a stroke?

Back