1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

The removable mask idea is stupid, I hope they don't listen (I saw all these cries on Facebook as well). :lol

If they did that idea, tell me people wouldn't get butt hurt and cry when the mask and goggles break, or when doesn't fit on her face right, or if it's crooked, or it leaves black marks on the headsculpt, or if it's too flimsy and breaks.

I guarantee those would be the complaints. A removable mask is just a stupid idea all around. If it was 1/4 scale? Maybe. But 1/6? You're out of your mind.

This set up is fine. There's no need for a removable mask. You want to see her eyes and likeness? Lift up the goggles like in the movie.

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

The removable mask idea is stupid, I hope they don't listen (I saw all these cries on Facebook as well). :lol

The set up is fine. There's no need for a removable mask. You want to see her eyes and likeness? Lift up the goggles like in the movie.

Yeah I've never really understood the demand for looks that never appeared on screen. That's like getting an Endor Leia figure and then complaining that there isn't an alternate sculpt with her hair braided on the sides like it was in ANH.

SW analogy FTW! :yess:

Oh yeah, I know.

I just don't think Catwoman lends herself to multiple releases. Revisions and alternate versions only make sense with two characters, Batman and the Joker. The exception to this is Gordon, I'm sure we'll see another trench coat version.

Prison Selina? Maid Selina? This isn't Tonner or Mattel. People are going to buy a $200 "Prison Selina"? Wut. These are high end collectible action figures so "accessory outfits" on their own is out of the question. Same goes for Bane or the next Batman figures they do like Penguin and Pfieffer Catwoman. Those should all be one and dones.

What you don't seem to understand is that many of us want a 2nd, maskless headsculpt so that, if we want to, we can bash a Prison (or Maid) Selina ourselves. We don't expect Hot Toys to release a whole new figure just for one of those outfits

There was a time when a 2nd headsculpt was pretty standard for Hot Toys figures, at prices far less than the current MSRP. Hence the large number of kitbashed Bruce Waynes, for instance.

I think people are rightfully upset that we're paying ~$200 for less than what was standard a few years ago. Well-sculpted, well-painted heads are expensive - so the second head was a nice bonus, back in the day.

We pay thousands of pounds in extra taxes to pay for that healthcare, whether we use it or not.

Are you sure about that? If you're not super rich, you pay a pretty hefty amount in taxes here too. It's just that we don't end up getting it back in services (like health care) the way you guys do.

I'd rather have the US system. :lol

Until you get cancer.

I know but it would still be fun to have the pearls since they were a fairly integral part of Selina's storyline with Bruce....I'm sure someone will find some for their display from a Barbie parts bin :lol

Voila! :lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Barbie-Graduated-Pearl-Reproduction-Necklace-/290694388715?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43aebc5beb

annehathawaycatwomanthe.jpg

$4.99 shipped :pfft: to you Hot Toys :rotfl

Could come with an extra maskless headsculpt for kicks, but I guess no way HT would do that if they could release something else down the line (they probably won't though).

Either way, I find it very interesting that this is all of a sudden grail status and when asking for more and *****ing with other figures is a necessary part of the figure announce-release-in-hand cycle, but with this one its been super rosy all along the way and people are quickly told to Chris Crocker it lol.

What you don't seem to understand is that many of us want a 2nd, maskless headsculpt so that, if we want to, we can bash a Prison (or Maid) Selina ourselves. We don't expect Hot Toys to release a whole new figure just for one of those outfits

There was a time when a 2nd headsculpt was pretty standard for Hot Toys figures, at prices far less than the current MSRP. Hence the large number of kitbashed Bruce Waynes, for instance.

I think people are rightfully upset that we're paying ~$200 for less than what was standard a few years ago. Well-sculpted, well-painted heads are expensive - so the second head was a nice bonus, back in the day.

I don't necessarily want to do a custom, but I would very much like an unmasked head.

That being said, the figure as is is brilliant. Very well done and I'm not going to get bent out of shape if there isn't a removable mask.

Yeah and I'm saying collectors don't need it. :nana:

This figure is enough. CATWOMAN is what we all want (why they labeled this as Selina Kyle is beyond me). Not a quick scene where she's a Blackgate prisoner looking rough or as a Maid with her hair up (yeah, I'd love to see collectors fuss about futzing and getting her hair up). These are action figures, first and foremost. We ALL want Catwoman. She has the pistol, you can get the Batpod for her and you can put the goggles up and down, just like in the movie.

It's like nothing is ever good enough. Look at Wolverine or other figures that come with crap they don't even need. People ***** and moan, "we don't want that". Then the perfect bare bones figure comes out, and ideal release for this character and people want MOAR.

There's always this need for MOAR. Alright, you get the second head. Now you got to find/buy another out fit, now you need another body, now you need this that and another thing. A couple of months and a few paypal transactions later, wow, you have your "Prison Selina" just sitting on your shelf. A pointless, boring figure that most will probably just flip and sell when something new comes out anyway.

:goodpost:

Define "need." Does anybody actually "need" any of these action figures?

It sounds like YOU wouldn't want a 2nd headsculpt, so you assume it's superfluous for everybody and that nobody should be upset that there's only one head.

CATWOMAN is what we all want (why they labeled this as Selina Kyle is beyond me).

Because that's who the character is. She's not called "Catwoman" in the movie, she's just "Selina Kyle."

Then the perfect bare bones figure comes out, and ideal release for this character and people want MOAR.

Maybe because this "perfect bare bones figure" doesn't have a "perfect bare bones price."

This figure is enough. CATWOMAN is what we all want (why they labeled this as Selina Kyle is beyond me). Not a quick scene where she's a Blackgate prisoner looking rough or as a Maid with her hair up (yeah, I'd love to see collectors fuss about futzing and getting her hair up). These are action figures, first and foremost. We ALL want Catwoman. She has the pistol, you can get the Batpod for her and you can put the goggles up and down, just like in the movie.

It's like nothing is ever good enough. Look at Wolverine or other figures that come with crap they don't even need. People ***** and moan, "we don't want that", "make the price lower". Then the perfect bare bones figure comes out, an ideal release for this character and people want MOAR.

There's always this need for MOAR. Alright, you get the second head. Now you got to find/buy another out fit, now you need another body, now you need this that and another thing. A couple of months and a few paypal transactions later, wow, you have your "Prison Selina" just sitting on your shelf. A pointless, boring figure that most will probably just flip and sell when something new comes out anyway.

This man knows it all. Excellent posting.

I'm fine with this figure. I have no desire to see another version, nor would I buy one. As DiFabio said, it's the perfect Catwoman. The only character that I would have any desire to buy civilian variations of would be Bruce Wayne. Now, quit *****ing about Catwoman, and let's get HT to cancel Bane! He's an embarrassment compared to the others. HT ought to just start over.

It's got a skin/flesh texture to it that wasn't on the prototype that was at the show.

That looked like a regular old plastic true type neck. I really think that the final product will have a rubber torso/neck like Arnold, Wolverine, Sarah Connor, Black Widow, etc.

I think the only seam we'll have to worry about is the one behind the hair that's on the head/neck of the portrait but even then, it looks like it's hidden well.

Hope you're right.

Are you sure about that? If you're not super rich, you pay a pretty hefty amount in taxes here too. It's just that we don't end up getting it back in services (like health care) the way you guys do.

Until you get cancer.

I pay nearly 45% in taxes. Most of what I pay goes to finance people on benefits. Those same jobless kids on benefits then go around vandalizing and mugging people.

Yeah the NHS is an asset, but it's not worth paying nearly half of what I earn. Of course, this is my personal opinion.

Bought. :yess:

Define "need." Does anybody actually "need" any of these action figures?

It sounds like YOU wouldn't want a 2nd headsculpt, so you assume it's superfluous for everybody and that nobody should be upset that there's only one head.

Because that's who the character is. She's not called "Catwoman" in the movie, she's just "Selina Kyle."

Maybe because this "perfect bare bones figure" doesn't have a "perfect bare bones price."

:goodpost:

I don't NEED a $300 Alfred figure, but I sure want it, and have bought it :lecture

I'm fine with this figure. I have no desire to see another version, nor would I buy one. As DiFabio said, it's the perfect Catwoman. The only character that I would have any desire to buy civilian variations of would be Bruce Wayne. Now, quit *****ing about Catwoman, and let's get HT to cancel Bane! He's an embarrassment compared to the others. HT ought to just start over.

Completely agree. I would love a Kato suited Bruce Wayne that I could afford. And Bane should just be DX'd and this version canceled. The only other figure from TDKR that's as good as Catwoman is DX-12.

I think I got it guys !!! .. So using Hot Toys' logic, we will get Batman's backpack with the John Blake figure, and the Sonar head with Ra's :yess::yess:

PS: I'm glad the mask isn't removable. In fact catwoman never used the black suit without the mask :dunno

Not a bad looking figure. Nice outfit, boots and gloves. Belt looks very Medicom cheap.

I like Sideshows upcoming 1/6 Catwoman way better.

Soooo much this :exactly:

Back