1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, yeah, I'll probably mess with the hair more when I have a minute, it's very difficult to get behind the ears. As for your question, I love Black Widow. She is stunning to look at and a must buy if you are a Scar-Jo fan. She is the reason I got really into buying hot toys, before I only had the DX12 Batman. The only thing I worry about with her is the suit getting creases at the joints. That's also the main difference between her and Selina. Selina's suit is better because it stretches and would seem to allow better long term poses whereas I wouldn't trust Widow's. I also think that of all the versions of Widow, this one has the most accurate hs, but that's just my opinion.

Thanks for the reply! I also like the Avengers head the most, but interestingly enough, that's because I think it looks the least like Scarlett. :dunno I'm also worried about the suit creasing, but I'd probably swap it for the Age of Ultron outfit (I like the Tron blue accents). I think it would look pretty cool, but I'm still debating how much I really need a Black Widow figure in my collection. It does help getting another person's thoughts on the figure though, so it's much appreciated!

Back on topic, one thing I found that helped me with the hair was tying it up in a ponytail with a rubber band before putting on the goggles. That way the hair should all be behind the ears and won't move around when you put the goggles on the face.

Congratulations, and welcome to the Selina club! This is my only female HT figure (so far), but it's also one of my favorites. There are some good pictures in this thread, and I still wasn't prepared for how good it would look in person. Just be careful with the goggles!

Same here. Only female figure in my collection, until the HT Leia arrives. Although I have been eyeing the new Wonder Woman figure... :wink1:

As for the goggles, I couldn't close the strap. It would bunch up the hair and I didn't want to risk tearing it, so I just left it loose. You can't even tell. So try that first and save yourself some aggravation.

Same here. Only female figure in my collection, until the HT Leia arrives. Although I have been eyeing the new Wonder Woman figure... :wink1:

As for the goggles, I couldn't close the strap. It would bunch up the hair and I didn't want to risk tearing it, so I just left it loose. You can't even tell. So try that first and save yourself some aggravation.

I'm almost definitely getting the Wonder Woman figure too. I'm just waiting for my rewards points to clear before I preorder from Sideshow (a revised head sculpt would nudge me ever so faster too). I like ANH Leia, but I'm putting all my eggs in the "hope HT makes a Hoth or Bespin Leia" basket (though they probably won't).

Thanks for the reply! I also like the Avengers head the most, but interestingly enough, that's because I think it looks the least like Scarlett. :dunno I'm also worried about the suit creasing, but I'd probably swap it for the Age of Ultron outfit (I like the Tron blue accents). I think it would look pretty cool, but I'm still debating how much I really need a Black Widow figure in my collection. It does help getting another person's thoughts on the figure though, so it's much appreciated!

Back on topic, one thing I found that helped me with the hair was tying it up in a ponytail with a rubber band before putting on the goggles. That way the hair should all be behind the ears and won't move around when you put the goggles on the face.

You're welcome! And thanks for the ponytail suggestion, I'll try that because it bothers me that the hair isn't behind the ears.

You're welcome! And thanks for the ponytail suggestion, I'll try that because it bothers me that the hair isn't behind the ears.

Get a toothbrush and a cup of boiled water. Dip the brush in the water and use it to brush the hair into the style you want. Once it's slick and in place, gently add the goggles. If you succeeded first time, pad the hair and it will dry off on it's own. If you didn't succeed, try it again.

I thought I posted this before but I guess not.

I had to share.
8bc17850d59e803270a303113d84118a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't that what the armoury figure was?

Yep. :lol

It was advertised and marketed as being from TDK though, whereas the DX12 was TDKR. Before doing a TDKR Catwoman/Selina Kyle 2.0, I'd be more inclined to say they'd be more apt to probably do a "TDKR Batman 2.0".

Finally finished with the hair transplant. Not sure yet on whether to repaint her. But, that should have been done first in hindsight.

3951cbc030559e750f36a6a5f1815a41.jpg
b6f28aeef059cae0b012ab1f6f275ba6.jpg
b36edd5161325a62807752fddb2a9735.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back