MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
except that there are a lot more variables that go into flipping something this big that is also a collectible. The stock market does it's own thing, you don't really need to lift a finger and you could win out.

There more variables to flipping than the stock market???? The market goes up and down on slightest whim. Earnings forecasts, the cost of oil, foreign economies, political instability, etc. People loose their shirt in the market every day.

Now ask yourself what HT figure has gone DOWN in value. I can only think of Harvey Dent. After that they go up or at a minmum reatin their original value. Look the record and you see it's a pretty low risk deal. And the size of this really won't matter for flipping. Just look at the Power Loader and the Tumbler.

Now ask yourself what HT figure has gone DOWN in value. I can only think of Harvey Dent. After that they go up or at a minmum reatin their original value. Look the record and you see it's a pretty low risk deal. And the size of this really won't matter for flipping. Just look at the Power Loader and the Tumbler.

Bruce Lee Casual, Bruce Lee Suit are bottomed out near $100 atm, way under retail. I think Kevin Flynn is down too perhaps. :dunno

I have absolutely no doubt that a couple years from now, Monger will be selling on eBay for $1400+... and people will pay it.

There's a Mark I right now going for $1800, and there just might be some insane person out there who will buy it, when its cheaper counterparts are all gone.

Bruce Lee Casual, Bruce Lee Suit are bottomed out near $100 atm, way under retail. I think Kevin Flynn is down too perhaps. :dunno

Wait until the figures are sold out, then we'll get a better idea of where these figures will sit in resale value - I'm still hoping :)

I have absolutely no doubt that a couple years from now, Monger will be selling on eBay for $1400+... and people will pay it.

There's a Mark I right now going for $1800, and there just might be some insane person out there who will buy it, when its cheaper counterparts are all gone.

:exactly: This is a great investment opportunity. The Iron Monger is a very exceptional masterpiece and its price could easily triple and quadruple in a couple of years

Whats listed doesnt mean anything. Its the completed that counts.

I'll agree on the casual BL figures. They're still in the stores after all this time and there's a glut of them on ebay. So with Dent that's 3 out of maybe 100. That a really great record. And because this is such a one of a kind grail piece, and a real testament to the innovation of HT, it's tough imagining this thing loosing value.

I don't think these guys lost their value, but rather stayed the same. Plus they haven't been out too long. Nothings mentioned above took the haircut like those BL figures.

They are selling for around $90-110 right now here, where I live. Tracker is $110, todd is $130ish, new in box. They originally retailed like $185-$200 if I remembered correctly.

They are selling for around $90-110 right now here, where I live. Tracker is $110, todd is $130ish, new in box. They originally retailed like $185-$200 if I remembered correctly.

Where do you live, and who sells them??? I'd get me another Sweeney! And maybe another Tracker just for the hound...

Where do you live, and who sells them??? I'd get me another Sweeney! And maybe another Tracker just for the hound...

Jakarta, Indonesia.

Since HT was selling like hot cakes a while ago, before they start reissueing/remaking with the Mark II AU. Collectors and non collectors were POing HT figures like mad, especially the non collectors.

Now they are afraid that HT will remake figures, that they stop collecting/scalping all together and sell it cheap, just to get their money back.

Shipping is gonna bump the price up to the retail prices you guys are getting from the US retailers though. Since the box is quite big and heavy, probably around $50-60USD.

Where in Jakarta can I order it from for that price? I have family back there and visit at least once a year :)

Jakarta, Indonesia.

Since HT was selling like hot cakes a while ago, before they start reissueing/remaking with the Mark II AU. Collectors and non collectors were POing HT figures like mad, especially the non collectors.

Now they are afraid that HT will remake figures, that they stop collecting/scalping all together and sell it cheap, just to get their money back.

Shipping is gonna bump the price up to the retail prices you guys are getting from the US retailers though. Since the box is quite big and heavy, probably around $50-60USD.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way I see it, this will take a while to sell out since it's not like everyone can afford to spend $500+ on 1 figure. On top of that, flippers who want to get a few of these to resell may find it hard to do so since people are not willing to buy them now at retail price, let alone flipper prices! So good luck to the flippers out there!

The way I see it… I don't care about after market value at all.

Back