1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I finally gave in and bought my CR Superman.

JRC_8491.jpg

JRC_8493.jpg

Last edited:

:lecture Your Superman display is most impressive. :wink1:

Thanks. Normally one of those Reeve figures sits on my bench at work, and another is in a drawer under the bed, lol.
The normal display is Reeve on the right, Routh flying, and on the left a custom Routh/MOS hybrid.

Supermancollection0.jpg~original

Are you loving the MOS protos of Sup & Jor-El?

I am.
I personally think the Jor-El looks more polished as a prototype(That MOS body should *never* have seen the light of day before someone caught the large legs issue), but i think they will both be as good or better when they are released next year.
I am looking forward to the Superman most of all.

I haven't seen MOS yet, but it's on my list of to do's. :monkey3
It's hard to get to the movies with a 1 & 4 year old, but the figures look dam impressive. It looks like the T-800 Terminator body was used for the Superman proto, so hopefully they go a bit leaner with the physic to match Cavill. I'm sure they will design a better match, but wanted to get the PO sales rolling with the release of the movie.

I haven't seen MOS yet, but it's on my list of to do's.

I snuck out one afternoon with a neighbor and left the kids with the wife to see it. :) Well worth it, the first really good superhero movie since the last Dark Knight. Everything Marvel (ever made) pales in comparison. Hopefully now that Cavill is firmly cemented as the new Man of Steel we can all start to forget about the dreadful incarnations of the past two decades. Cain, Welling and Routh - ugh, all so painful. Reeve will forever be "THE" Superman of course.

What do you guys think if I can get him for $150 MISB?

nice figure i'm welling to get one soon

I snuck out one afternoon with a neighbor and left the kids with the wife to see it. :) Well worth it, the first really good superhero movie since the last Dark Knight. Everything Marvel (ever made) pales in comparison. Hopefully now that Cavill is firmly cemented as the new Man of Steel we can all start to forget about the dreadful incarnations of the past two decades. Cain, Welling and Routh - ugh, all so painful. Reeve will forever be "THE" Superman of course.

That's a great idea, but my wife wants to see the movie too. Maybe I can get grandma to babysit for a few hours, so we can go watch it. :wink1:

It took me awhile but I got out to see it last week or the week before. Personally I thought it was a disappointment, but being a Superman fan I really had to see it at the movies if possible. I would recommend Iron Man 3 over that one if it's still playing.

Wow, really? IMO, If you've seen the first Iron Man, there's no reason to see #2 or 3. 3 was better than 2, but still completely superfluous. It also didn't fit whatsoever with the continuity of Avengers - so much so that the only way they could think to link them was to constantly (and annoyingly so) mention "New York." Iron Man is kind of like Marvel's (toy-like) version of Batman. But with far too much cheese. Still some of the best Marvel movies of course.

Even if you strip away the "superhero-ness" of these movies, I just felt that MoS was a much better written, scripted and produced flick. IMO, it worked as a very good Sci-Fi/Fantasy movie even if you are not at all into Superman or superheroes. IM3 needed the Superhero angle as a crutch and I felt it didn't really have any substance. The plot/premise was also ridiculous.

Last edited:

Wow, really? IMO, If you've seen the first Iron Man, there's no reason to see #2 or 3. 3 was better than 2, but still completely superfluous. It also didn't fit whatsoever with the continuity of Avengers - so much so that the only way they could think to link them was to constantly (and annoyingly so) mention "New York." Iron Man is kind of like Marvel's (toy-like) version of Batman. But with far too much cheese. Still some of the best Marvel movies of course.

Even if you strip away the "superhero-ness" of these movies, I just felt that MoS was a much better written, scripted and produced flick. IMO, it worked as a very good Sci-Fi/Fantasy movie even if you are not at all into Superman or superheroes. IM3 needed the Superhero angle as a crutch and I felt it didn't really have any substance. The plot/premise was also ridiculous.

I'll go with Karamazov. The more I think about MOS, the less I like it. I have great trust that the sequels will be awesome, but it's as though they had started the opposite way from the original Reeve films. They started with Superman III in terms of quality (there's no feeling in MOS. I never cared for any of the characters. The only goog thing, really, was Cavill). Hopefully, MOS 2 and 3 will take time to develop the characters and offer us masterpieces.

Won't prevent me to get all the HT figs though!:wink1:
Love the design! :)

Completely disagree. I'm judging these purely as good movies, and in my eyes, Iron Man 3 succeeds on that level while Man of Steel flounders. The former was fun, had genuine drama and conflict the audience could get into, and a compelling lead character even if it did have its faults. The latter was, to me, flat, joyless, and some important components of the film (the skull codex thingy?) were overly convoluted. I guess you are right in that there is novelty factor to Superman since we haven't seen that character before, but. . .I want to see more RDJ after IM3. Can't say the same for Cavill after Superman.

Back