1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Wait a second, unless I'm mistaken, I don't recall him ever changing in a Phone Booth in the movie. :dunno

There was a brief comedic moment were he saw one of the modern sized phone booths, In the commentaries of the dvd and current blu ray additions of Superman the movie, Tom M and Richard Donner even joked about setting up that moment as a comedy sequence. but as far as I remember, his very first transformation from Clark to Superman was through a revolving door. :)

In fact, I don't recall any of the movies, showing him change in a phone booth. I know in the comics, that was an iconic location for him to change, but in all four reeves films, I never seen him change in a phone booth, I could be wrong. :dunno

Btw, I would like to see a diorama of the Pimp background, that would be classic :rotfl

Wait a second, unless I'm mistaken, I don't recall him ever changing in a Phone Booth in the movie. :dunno

There was a brief comedic moment were he saw one of the modern sized phone booths, In the commentaries of the dvd and current blu ray additions of Superman the movie, Tom M and Richard Donner even joked about setting up that moment as a comedy sequence. but as far as I remember, his very first transformation from Clark to Superman was through a revolving door. :)

In fact, I don't recall any of the movies, showing him change in a phone booth. I know in the comics, that was an iconic location for him to change, but in all four reeves films, I never seen him change in a phone booth, I could be wrong. :dunno

Btw, I would like to see a diorama of the Pimp background, that would be classic :rotfl

You're right, he changes in the revolving doors after looking at a modern phone both that was too open to use. Clearly the phone booth would be a nice prop for Clark, however you are right in that it wasn't used in the film to change into Superman. THe modern day phone booth is small and would make a nice prop as well.

Another prop that I would think would be cool was the hat rack and his hat he used in the film. That is something that could easily be made into a DX item.

Wait a second, is that a comic adaptation of the Superman film?

Also, does Superman have to catch the globe falling off the top of the Daily Planet building? A must.

Those are still some very nice pictures guyver1! I'll get this figure someday.

This is such a chilled out thread compared to the Wayne/ Batman thread, with all the QC issues that are surfacing and the Indiana Jones HS crapstorm (where everyone has taken a valium lately but which still feels tense).

i'd love to see a hackman lex luthor figure and aside from the obvious wig accessories, i think the perfect piece to compliment the kryptonite necklace is the led chest that it was stored in.

This is such a chilled out thread compared to the Wayne/ Batman thread, with all the QC issues that are surfacing and the Indiana Jones HS crapstorm (where everyone has taken a valium lately but which still feels tense).

Anyone who has both Supes and casual Bruce lee, now would be the appropriate time to take a picture of Supes relaxing in Bruces beach chair!:lecture

Got mine 2day along with batman begins but pics will have 2 wait until 2mar....Awesome a** figures esp Supes!!!

IMG_0276.jpg
A couple more....:clap

IMG_0276.jpg

https://https://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj83/guyver12/IMG_0276.jpg

I thought Rorywan's pics were the best but these are also fantastic.
Sadly he won't be landing at my home for a few weeks yet.:mad:

I'm praying this will come out perfect.

Spider-man - very poor stitching had to get a replacement.
Iron Man MK V - hand peg breaks off + other faults, in process of getting replacement.

Shadow Predators are having some peeling Fur problems, i'll know next week

Batman (not on order) shipping with broken feet abs un-symetrical.

All Hot Toys in the past had no problems, now they're everywhere.

I hope Superman is okay, he'll be my first purchase through OSB, so i'm wary of needing to get a replacement if necessary.

Last edited:

I'm praying this will come out perfect.

Spider-man - very poor stitching had to get a replacement.
Iron Man MK V - hand peg breaks off + other faults, in process of getting replacement.

Shadow Predators are having some peeling Fur problems, i'll know next week

Batman (not on order) shipping with broken feet abs un-symetrical.

All Hot Toys in the past had no problems, now they're everywhere.

I hope Superman is okay, he'll be my first purchase through OSB, so i'm wary of needing to get a replacement if necessary.

I spoke too soon ... :( + :slap

299902_190577721016769_100001936270990_423167_20715410_n.jpg

God i hope my one doesn't have a wonky S Shield.

I bet that can be adjusted by simply moving the suit positioning and futzing the fabric around the shoulders and arms. You'll notice the figure's right arm doesn't even have the sleeves pulled down all the way.

Back