1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Superman%20vs%20Aliens%2001-p00-FC.jpg

i have this. it's dog____e. and yeah, the hair was crazy. throughout the book i kept expecting it to end with supes and bats doing a magic show in vegas with a white tiger.

well if it comes out in Japan in november, it's usually about a month til it comes out in the US. we never really know until we get either a notice from SS or it says it in the newsletter in the "coming in the next 30 days" section

Welcome.
If you stay in this hobby, one thing you will learn is the dates are extremely vague. Some release on the months indicated and other are before and mostly late. Especially from hot toys. Also depending on where you purchased the figure, ship dates can be as different as a week or even months. Locking down ship dates is nearly impossible especially on something that is months out. This why some, including myself haunt these boards to see when figures are releasing in china, so that we can guesstimate when they will cross the water.

Many thanks for the responses chaps!

I purchased from Sideshow. I'm actually in the UK, but I liked the Kryptonite accessory and figured that it'd only be an extra £10 or so by the time I factored in customs charges etc. I've never bought from Sideshow before, but I was impressed with the quick-chat and the knowledge of the staff at the other end of the line.

I've been a toy/action figure collector for many, many years, but it's only in the last two years I've gotten into online collecting. I used to just buy whatever was on the shelf at Tesco or my local toy shops! Then I discovered mattycollector's range of Ghostbusters figures and I just had to have them all! Then I saw they were doing MOTUC figures and, despite telling myself I shouldn't, I got sucked into collecting those. But I'm more of a cherry picker with those, even though I did sub this year!

So yeah, I know all about vague release dates! We're still waiting for news of the GB 12" two-pack that was supposed to come out the beginning of this year. *Sigh*

Anyway, fortune has smiled on me and I received a very welcome if unexpected cheque from my Uncle the other day, so I now have enough money for Supes, whenever he comes out! Yay!

I can't wait to get this figure; Christopher Reeve was such a great inspiration. I remember the '78 Superman film being one of the very first super hero movies I ever saw and I still love it to this day. I don't think anyone will live up to Reeve's legacy as The Man of Steel (just my opinion though. :) ) although Routh did a very good job and I'm sad to see he won't be reprising the role for the new film.

Anyway, thanks again for the info guys. Hope to chat to you again in the future! :)

Many thanks for the responses chaps!

I purchased from Sideshow. I'm actually in the UK, but I liked the Kryptonite accessory and figured that it'd only be an extra £10 or so by the time I factored in customs charges etc. I've never bought from Sideshow before, but I was impressed with the quick-chat and the knowledge of the staff at the other end of the line.

I've been a toy/action figure collector for many, many years, but it's only in the last two years I've gotten into online collecting. I used to just buy whatever was on the shelf at Tesco or my local toy shops! Then I discovered mattycollector's range of Ghostbusters figures and I just had to have them all! Then I saw they were doing MOTUC figures and, despite telling myself I shouldn't, I got sucked into collecting those. But I'm more of a cherry picker with those, even though I did sub this year!

So yeah, I know all about vague release dates! We're still waiting for news of the GB 12" two-pack that was supposed to come out the beginning of this year. *Sigh*

Anyway, fortune has smiled on me and I received a very welcome if unexpected cheque from my Uncle the other day, so I now have enough money for Supes, whenever he comes out! Yay!

I can't wait to get this figure; Christopher Reeve was such a great inspiration. I remember the '78 Superman film being one of the very first super hero movies I ever saw and I still love it to this day. I don't think anyone will live up to Reeve's legacy as The Man of Steel (just my opinion though. :) ) although Routh did a very good job and I'm sad to see he won't be reprising the role for the new film.

Anyway, thanks again for the info guys. Hope to chat to you again in the future! :)

I have to agree with you, it's always hard to see any remakes live up to the original, especially with iconic characters. I didn't mind Routh and I'll be interested to see what Cavill is like, but you never forget the first one:)

I've preordered the normal figure not the ex, I just love the look of it, even though I don't collect Superman items (well except some Smallville stuff). This is just a cool looking figure to me, and I'm a girl :) Who can resist a hottie in tights :)

anybody knows if the head sculpt is going to be changed or will it be the same as pictured?

Tweaked? Prolly.

Changed? No.

Looks like Reeve to me.

I'll believe a high end 1/6 action figure can fly.

anybody knows if the head sculpt is going to be changed or will it be the same as pictured?

So you are going to ask the same pointless thing in every HT thread?! :lol

That looks awesome. -Er.

I don't think I'm going to give this to my friend for Christmas.

Wow, now that's amazing. Thanks for posting them pictures DFanatic :clap

In that pic the sculpt does look like it's been tweaked. Wished they would just release it already, November can't come soon enough.

looks bloody awesome in the new pics.

Back