1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I figure the kryptonite could easily sell around $50-$60 alone. So yeah I think its worth ordering from SS on this one.

Actually probably more, I remember the Iron Man crushed helmet for a while was going for $120 which was half of the figure. The price came back down but for a while it was ridiculous, considering how popular this thing is I would imagine that eBay is going to be a nightmare at first, I've already seen amazingly inflated prices on pre sales.

HTs is making an absolute shat load of them.

Without a doubt, I think if HT actually noted ES of their items this one would be astronomical.

world.com.hk/forum/attachments/month_1105/1105271531f2d1626380095883.jpg[/IMG]

On a side note, that is how I hope Clark is presented to us.

I mentioned it earlier and still believe that demand is being overstated in here. I'm sure there's a lot of Chris Reeve Superman fans, but I don't think there's half as many fans who are collectors. If you check ebay for Chris Reeve items that sell there just isn't much that moves, especially high end stuff. You'll see an occassional high end custom or a DC statue. I think it's a very popular figure within the collecting community but I think a lot of people were, for whatever reason, expecting this to bring in the non-collectors.

I've seen this advertised in the strangest spots already, sites that usually don't feature toys suddenly discussing not, not to mention DC's own blogs, Twitter and FB accounts are already promoting it, I've never seen that with their Batman figures or any HT DC figures before so I imagine this will be the induction figure for a lot of new collectors.

I think part of the price is for the donation they'll be making.

Probably especially since it was made a MMS to be more affordable and came in at a DX Price, I have to wonder if it was a DX what the price would have shot to, also I wonder if all Reeve Superman figures will command a price like this so that Clark or Evil Superman for example would command a higher tag than Lex or another Jor-El or even Zod.

and for no reason other than it has become too serious in here....

deer_suplexed.gif

Always smart to jump on the EX... you can easily recoup the costs later down the road if you decide you don't want it.

People who can get the EX and end up passing baffle me...

This.

The nickle and diming that goes on in some threads is ridiculous sometimes. If you are already spending around the neighborhood of $200 for a 12" figure and have a chance to get the very best version of that collectible, then why not do just that?

I know everyone has a budget but come on. Is this really the figure to try and save some money on? You been foaming at the mouth for years waiting for this. Now "free shipping on the regular version only blah blah blah I hate Sideshow blah blah blah" is an issue. :lol

Probably especially since it was made a MMS to be more affordable and came in at a DX Price, I have to wonder if it was a DX what the price would have shot to, also I wonder if all Reeve Superman figures will command a price like this so that Clark or Evil Superman for example would command a higher tag than Lex or another Jor-El or even Zod.

I don't mean this to sound pessimistic, because ultimately it doesn't matter since it's going to a good cause, but I wonder if HT built the donation into the price so that we're actually the ones making the donation or if the license actually required them to price it like this. I'm sure we'll never know, and like I said it doesn't matter, but as most have said this isn't really a $209 figure. It feels more like a $179-$189 figure with the donation coming from us rather than Hot Toys.

This is a question for Dave but I was curious how this donation effects any orders that go through a link here to purchase at SS?

I'm in. He looks fantastic! Now i wish I had gotten Jor-El way back when I was tempted.

Man, yesterday was one hell of a day to be a 1/6 collector... not many spec reveals and pre-orders will top that one. I feel like I need a cigarette now :lol

I don't mean this to sound pessimistic, because ultimately it doesn't matter since it's going to a good cause, but I wonder if HT built the donation into the price so that we're actually the ones making the donation or if the license actually required them to price it like this. I'm sure we'll never know, and like I said it doesn't matter, but as most have said this isn't really a $209 figure. It feels more like a $179-$189 figure with the donation coming from us rather than Hot Toys.

This is a question for Dave but I was curious how this donation effects any orders that go through a link here to purchase at SS?

Ive considered this as soon as I saw the price. I mean look at the Spider-Man fIgure he has almost the identical type of accessories and hes going for around $150. He comes with 3 sets of hands, some webbing and a base made to look like a wall or something like that.
Oh well whatever still a sweet fig and it will sell regardless

I would guess the donation is being made by us... but its also possible DC/WB charged the hell out of HT to acquire the rights. So it could be a combo of both factors leading to the increase cost. Also could just be that HT knows we will cough up the funds on a figure this epic and they just want to increase their profit margins.

The RE figure, which agruably, comes with a lot more stuff and a much more complicated outfit is still priced $45 lower; so I think a number of factors are intersecting here to result in an inflated cost.

I wonder if part of getting the license is the agreement to make donations to the foundation.

We are the ones that cried for this figure so us making the donations don't bother me. IF that's what's going on. In reality, he should be no more than Spidey, but alas i can't _____ as i want this figure more than any other.

Would love a Black Suit Jor-El now with long crystal. :)

NOW I received an email fro Sideshow telling me that they DO NOT ship orders to Mexico!!...why???...I complete the whole order and they NEVER mention this issue with Mexico!!...now I have asked to cancel my order...so sad really...what other places do you recommend for preorder this figure??? please let me know as soon as possible...thanks!

NOW I received an email fro Sideshow telling me that they DO NOT ship orders to Mexico!!...why???...I complete the whole order and they NEVER mention this issue with Mexico!!...now I have asked to cancel my order...so sad really...what other places do you recommend for preorder this figure??? please let me know as soon as possible...thanks!

toys2.net

Ebay.

BBts.com

Try eBay, Cornerstorecomics, Bigbadtoystore.......

https://www.alteregocomics.com/Superman-12-Inch-Figure.html

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HOT10351&mode=retail

https://www.cornerstorecomics.com/i...egory_ID=0&ChildCategory_ID=0&Product_ID=5336

What they said.

Also Comics Infinity.

What they said.

They simply said WE DO NOT SHIP ORDERS TO MEXICO...and ask if I have an alternate address...so I do not have and now I'm asking to cancel my order of these two Supe's I was hoping to buy... :(

I've got to call up SSC and see if I can use my code for $10 off, since it's my first order. With the pack-out I requested, that should bring it back down to what I was originally paying.

ARGHH! You bastards! I ordered the regular Supes, but now you have all SHAMED me into ordering the exclusive! :mad:

You're right--another $15 IS just a drop in the bucket when I'm already spending $210!

DAMMIT! Now I'm gonna have to cancel and re-order the Ex.

:monkey4

Back