1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

comparison of superman figure next to bruce lee:

clark02.jpg

yeah....tiny.

it was a good idea and so long as they don't occupy the same shelf you can maybe get away with it, but the difference is staggering. i thought it would work, but you live and learn. fortunately i got the bruce lee parts for ridiculously cheap.

Have you tried Cap America leg extenders?(They can be altered to make them even longer if need be) Also, is Superman on his stand?
It's not that small. In the following image, the "Routh" Superman is on a TTM19 like they used for the Bruce lee figure.
It's only smaller in the chest area.

IMG_2056.jpg

they are standing side by side in that picture (and bruce with his high heels!). feet flush on the surface.

i doubt very much that the ttm19 is a match for the actual ht bruce lee. this suit may fit on a slim ~ maybe.

i thought they would be close, but no cigar (not even a full cigarette).

they are standing side by side in that picture (and bruce with his high heels!). feet flush on the surface.

i doubt very much that the ttm19 is a match for the actual ht bruce lee. this suit may fit on a slim ~ maybe.

i thought they would be close, but no cigar (not even a full cigarette).

Ahhh. I was under the impression that Bruce Lee came on a TTM19 body...
My mistake.

lucky i made the same mistake first ~ ha! hopefully saved you some agony.

: D

i think they must have made a special body for bruce lee that's more accurate to his real-life size. he wasn't a large guy (to say the least).

i think they must have made a special body for bruce lee that's more accurate to his real-life size. he wasn't a large guy (to say the least).

I understand. But the height issue can be overcome.
I'll sort it for you for $30.
What's the exact height deficit?(Eyeball to eyeball)

if you add leg extenders, his pants will be too short. the deficit is too much, unfortunately (nearly 5 centimeters).

i'm not put off by it, by the way, since i don't have them on the same shelf. i was actually thinking of redoing him in a grey suit and giving this suit to my nolanverse scarecrow, partly because i got sick of trying to find a briefcase and overcoat that would match well enough and black/grey is easier. also, the small stature would work well for scarecrow since cillian murphy is a very slight guy.

so it's all good. i'm learning as i go....

Lol. No worries. You could also lower his trousers a little. Let them sit lower than the waist of the figure.
You could sculpt a briefcase yourself. It would be the easiest thing in the world to do.

You could sculpt a briefcase yourself. It would be the easiest thing in the world to do.

i didn't think of that! it wouldn't have to be a working briefcase. might give it a try!

and thanks for the tip on the pants as well. i'll keep that in mind!

i didn't think of that! it wouldn't have to be a working briefcase. might give it a try!

and thanks for the tip on the pants as well. i'll keep that in mind!

No problem. Sculpting is incredibly easy. Pop into a craft store and pick up a pack of Super sculpey. You will have a decent briefcase in less than two hours.

Since it's CR Clark, what about the fedora? Does the Bruce Lee figure come with one? Because I vaguely remember seeing a Bruce Lee figure with a fedora hat on.

No problem. Sculpting is incredibly easy. Pop into a craft store and pick up a pack of Super sculpey. You will have a decent briefcase in less than two hours.

i've already got plenty left over, actually, from when i did his hair!

Since it's CR Clark, what about the fedora? Does the Bruce Lee figure come with one? Because I vaguely remember seeing a Bruce Lee figure with a fedora hat on.

bruce had no hat. that's the other piece i've been chasing around. there's a few good options, but i have to decide between grey and brown before i get one.

Can't get enough of this figure :) He rules my work desk now.

dscn0860br.jpg

dscn0865t.jpg

dscn0872s.jpg

Sweet display! :hi5:

clark01.jpg

okay, a predictably bad picture from me, sorry. cold dark house, bad camera, sloppy posing.

but maybe you get the idea.

comparison of superman figure next to bruce lee:

clark02.jpg

yeah....tiny.

it was a good idea and so long as they don't occupy the same shelf you can maybe get away with it, but the difference is staggering. i thought it would work, but you live and learn. fortunately i got the bruce lee parts for ridiculously cheap.

Love the custom Kent! I may have to do something similiar! :clap

mine got a little damaged in the move.... his head is a bit warped now :/ i now need to find a replacement head for him. anyone know if the heads on ebay are good, or counterfeit?

I'l post some later. the short of it is, the plastic bubble part of the packaging, where his head is, got a inward dimple that was pressing into his forehead. he was in storage for a while, and it wasn't SUPER HOT in there, but it was a little warm. This created a "shiny dimple" on his forehead about 1/2 the size of a pencil eraser. i'll try to post pics tonight.

Back