1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Here's a shot of mine with a custom Smallville version.

In this picture, I used a Toys City nude body for Clark and you can see it does not work well as the body is too skinny.
DSC03653.jpg

Then I switched to a BBi 3.5 nude body and it works like a charm!
DSC03658.jpg

If only there was some way to cover up the neck area.

Last edited:

There are a number of new bodies that have a much better neck for an open collar.Soldier's Story, HT, Kaustik Plastik all make bodies with what I call a "fashion neck",like the Reeve figure. I'm using a SS body for my custom Capt. Kirk for precisely that reason(going to put him in the wrap tunic).You just have to look around(try Ebay)...PS

Why are people fussing around different bodies anyways? This body was designed for this suit, you can't find anything better.

DSC03653.jpg

The Reeves Superman looks totaly unimpressed. :lol

the Smallville sculpt looks beter in the Returns costume because of the small collar. Reeve costume is designed for sculpted neck.

Why are people fussing around different bodies anyways? This body was designed for this suit, you can't find anything better.

I agree! I actually think this is the best body they have done for superhero tights type of costume. Great proportions, more articulation and movement than the Comedian body type. I hope HT releases this as a regular body like they did with the Comedian body.

yup i wanted to but what with my gf nt letting me spend more n me getting capt jack sparrow, i gt no dough left bt for a head... sadly :(

:confused:

Looks to me like you can't afford many vowels either...

DSC03653.jpg

I think Reeve is thinking..."Hey, this kid stole my suit"!

Tom Welling was in more of a near copy of the Superman Returns suit at the end of Smallville anyway. Was this just a test to see how he looked in the Reeve movie outfit Butters?

I am waiting for the inevitable release of the Henry Cavill version and people putting him into this suit seeing as it was him wearing a replica of the Reeve suit that helped towards him being cast in the first place....that said if he looked so damn good in it why didn't they use a version of that instead of the crappy alien fetish suit he will be wearing

Really! I think they SHOULD have stuck with the "red shorts" for Man Of Steel! I'm a true "old fart" traditional Superman suit fan! The Christopher Reeve Superman outfit will always be my favorite.

I recall Henry Cavill telling Jay Leno a few weeks ago that he did the screen test in a replica of Reeve's costume. I agree that this "new look" Superman outfit is just not right. It looks too armored like the Batman suit. The loss of the "red shorts" IS a big deal to me. Now there's too much blue, and it's almost black, the blue is so dark! Plus, that weird pattern going on in it. Just a strange design for me for my favorite superhero.

I'm sticking with the Christopher Reeve outfit I've always admired. :)

Yes, I'll see the Man Of Steel, but I'm still not liking the outfit. :monkey4

I want to get that great "Headplay" Tom Welling head sculpt, and put it on the Hot Toys Superman Returns body and outfit. That'd be a great Smallville Superman to me!

Agreed the blue is too dark if it has to be a dark blue then use something like what Dean Cain wore, considering the costume is meant to look earthen made(in reality it is I know) this looks to alien and more like something he would wear on Krypton as like some sort of royal/army/government/ambassador getup.

I also hate the 52 suit mainly for the way the cape is attached or rather not attached and just looks like it is coming out of him, seriously it looks like it was drawn without the neck part and then someone coloured the nck blue and they added the red lines to break it up a bit.

the 52 designs for Superman and Batman look just like the designs I believe Toyfare magazine had in it for a what if universe of DC having it's own Ultimate universe, they look damn near exact.

rant over

:exactly::goodpost:

DSC03653.jpg

Reeve is thinking "not quite filling them boots are ya, eh, eh"

There are a number of new bodies that have a much better neck for an open collar.Soldier's Story, HT, Kaustik Plastik all make bodies with what I call a "fashion neck",like the Reeve figure. I'm using a SS body for my custom Capt. Kirk for precisely that reason(going to put him in the wrap tunic).You just have to look around(try Ebay)...PS
I will take a look around and see if there's one better to use for the Smallville version thanks.

I'm actually not fussing, I was testing out the outfit on different bodies to see the outcome, if you look at the second picture, it fits better on the bbi body except the neck area, but overall, I'm not that picky with it and I think it looks good.

DSC03653.jpg

:exactly:
try to put some yellow scarf there :lol
:clap
the Smallville sculpt looks beter in the Returns costume because of the small collar. Reeve costume is designed for sculpted neck.
Agreed, the returns costume covers the neck more
I think Reeve is thinking..."Hey, this kid stole my suit"!
:goodpost:
Tom Welling was in more of a near copy of the Superman Returns suit at the end of Smallville anyway. Was this just a test to see how he looked in the Reeve movie outfit Butters?
This was actually mine and not butters and yes it was more of a test with different bodies to see the outcome
:exactly:

Reeve is thinking "not quite filling them boots are ya, eh, eh"

:goodpost::clap:rotfl

I don't think ppl are fussing over the Reeves body which I completely agree with you is made for this suit, it's me that wants to find a better body for the Smallville version, I think there was some misunderstanding somewhere in the posts. :1-1:

Agreed the blue is too dark if it has to be a dark blue then use something like what Dean Cain wore, considering the costume is meant to look earthen made(in reality it is I know) this looks to alien and more like something he would wear on Krypton as like some sort of royal/army/government/ambassador getup.

I also hate the 52 suit mainly for the way the cape is attached or rather not attached and just looks like it is coming out of him, seriously it looks like it was drawn without the neck part and then someone coloured the nck blue and they added the red lines to break it up a bit.

the 52 designs for Superman and Batman look just like the designs I believe Toyfare magazine had in it for a what if universe of DC having it's own Ultimate universe, they look damn near exact.

rant over

While I love the new 52 designs, I will say that I do hate how the cape doesn't have an attachment. As far as the Superman redesigns go, the Man of Steel won in my opinion. The open neck is a nice touch compared to the collar. And you know I was thinking about the old Wizard article the other day. Clark's look is very similar to that article. Batman's Earth One look is almost identical to that article.
But getting back to the Superman look, I know people are a little against the new look but if this new initiative (with all it's redesigns and revamps) gets new readers in to the shop then I am all for it. My LCS has seen a nice number of new readers who are reading Superman again. Is it because of his new look? I honestly don't know as I didn't interview the kids. But for me, it's great to see the character being read by a younger audience.
Reeve's Superman is iconic and will never be forgotten. All of the elements in those movies is pure gold. There has to be a reason that Milliar and Grough used those elements in Smallville and the crystal look finally made its way into the comics. But for the Man of Steel to succeed, I really think that the Reeve elements need to be retired for a while. I think that is why Superman Returns failed as it did. It was just a remake of the Reeve film and i think audiences want to see something different. Allow for something new to be brought in to the mythology and maybe it will change the world of a new generation who will believe a man can fly.

Back