1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

If this were to go in a detolf displayed on the clear "floating" rod... would Superman's head hit the ceiling? Or be so high up if you were to stand a little far away the angle would cover up Superman's head? :monkey2

If this were to go in a detolf displayed on the clear "floating" rod... would Superman's head hit the ceiling? Or be so high up if you were to stand a little far away the angle would cover up Superman's head? :monkey2

Can't fit on the detolf for the hovering pose.

Well, maybe with him just about off the ground.

Will the stick be popping out over his head behind him if it's just a little off the ground?

100_7031-1.jpg

Best choice of pose ive seen yet,well done Snake :)

Have anyone tried taking out the wire in the cape if that helps any for a smoother look to the cape?

You know, I must have been really lucky indeed.

I have had an Ex and a Reg.
I have had no paint defects on either neck or head of either.
I have had no (visible or indeed less visible) snags on either.
I have two well centred 'S' shields.
I got a calendar in the Ex.
I got a small Hot Toys brochure in the Reg.

We are so pleased at them. Like I said before, one (the Ex) was an anniversary present for my wife and she just cannot stop staring at it!

That lighted base looks serious good. As for the poses by 'superado' and 'snake eater'...sheer class.

@Superado, I used to have that design on a T-shirt when I was a boy, I wore it until it fell apart. Thank you!

@ snake eater, out of all the truly excellent poses and photos here...your picture of the figure in the cabinet with the holiday lights around it has to be my top favourite of all. Perfect posing and well balanced contrasting in the lighting. A genuine tribute to the character and the actor. In fact, I really wonder what Chris Reeve himself would say, if he could see all the effort that has gone into this figure, and the still super-strong fan appreciation of his work.

What a terrific thread.

Best choice of pose ive seen yet,well done Snake :)

Have anyone tried taking out the wire in the cape if that helps any for a smoother look to the cape?

Thanks man! :duff

I think it was mentioned that someone had tried it on a different forum and it didn't work that well unfortunately.

The dishrag material they used for the cape just isn't very good. The one thing...and I do mean the one & only thing...DCD got right with the KC Superman was the material they used for the cape...a very silky/ nylon type material. That would have been a better choice for the HT CR Superman in hindsight.

before arms rotated and afterwards..better i think i see what your sayin.. just tryin not to mess with him ...very cool fig...

Hmm, I don't see a difference. Let me illustrate (I've exaggerated this a bit here).

What you want is this:

P1160565.jpg

Not this:

P1160564.jpg

If only the elbow joints rotated. You know why.

Elbow joints don't "rotate" IRL, so I wouldn't want that here. The problem is the lats stick out too much. I would be curious to see someone grind them down so the arms could hang more straight.

However, I actually like the arms out a little.

P1160459.jpg

Elbow joints don't "rotate" IRL, so I wouldn't want that here.

Not as extreme as you think but it would work well for a figure. It's just a figure can't relax muscles. Sometimes it's painful having a conversation with you.

f2236fa653fd28b5a1f4832.jpg

The problem is the lats stick out too much. I would be curious to see someone grind them down so the arms could hang more straight.

What good is that when you'll lose the look of the muscles.

It would be tough grinding down the rubber.

With lycra clothes. It's going to show up imperfections of home made.

Alright guys here it is, i got this on thursday from OSB and have been afraid to open it for fear of defects.

Since its my first purchase with OSB and have heard replacements can take a month or more i was really worried.

Well i just opened it and it's 99% fine, mabye 100% at first glance i though WOW, this is amazing then "oh no his pants are weird looking" (crooked) but with a little futzing look fine.

The box is amazing, i'm not a box displayer, but may have to change that with this work of art box.

OSB packaging WAS amazing, i heard about it but first hand i realise why i's so applauded.

Black bag and tape around a box with the HT shipper wrapped in bubblewral inside with the HT box inside and Superman inside that :lol

I'm gonna take him out of the box, i'm in full on excitement mode now, may have to pur on the film

:yess: :yess: :yess:

Sometimes it's painful having a conversation with you.

:lol Sorry. I'm not trying to be difficult. :eek:

Not as extreme as you think but it would work well for a figure.

f2236fa653fd28b5a1f4832.jpg

So like a cut joint above the elbow in addition to the cut joint above the bicep?

It's just a figure can't relax muscles.

Right. IRL all the rotation happens at the shoulder. The elbow only flexes. But an arm cross pose is possible because the human body is soft and not made of hard plastic. So stuff squishes out of the way. Action figures make up for this by adding joints that don't exist, such as the cut bicep joint. A cut above the elbow (or below the bicep) would help make the arm crossed pose possible. [That's all you were trying to say when you said "If only the elbow joints rotated", right?]

What good is that when you'll lose the look of the muscles.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

I just had the figure's "shirt" off and not much rubber would have to be removed (or plastic if you took it off the arm instead) but I sure don't want to be the one to try it.

My follow-up to my recent post, cheating a bit more with photoshop:
6489150223_535f949701_z.jpg

guys a question about the Fortress base...

I've read if you're having difficulty to use a haridryer, well i used that on the bottoms of the crystals and the base and although most are okay, two are really problematic.

This one doesn't stay in well in that it's prone to tipping over and coming out...

img1243ve.jpg

And this one looks like it was designed wrong as the crystal design doesn't match the hole...

img1242ul.jpg

img1244ns.jpg

This isn't common is it

Last edited:

Maglor;4028450[IMG said:
https://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a339/maglorsregret/Show%20Your%20Shelves/P1160459.jpg[/IMG]

I'm going to steal this pose. :D

Back