MMS121 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just noticed that the armor pieces for his knees don't snap in properly. Both left and right only have the lower tab inserted but the upper tab just pops out when I try to connect it.

Has anyone else noticed this on their figures?

I just noticed that the armor pieces for his knees don't snap in properly. Both left and right only have the lower tab inserted but the upper tab just pops out when I try to connect it.

Has anyone else noticed this on their figures?

My knee pads never stay in place I'm always adjusting them. I thought they were attached by an elastic band around the back.

My knee pads never stay in place I'm always adjusting them. I thought they were attached by an elastic band around the back.

Yes, but that elastic band also has a plastic piece with two tabs that fit into slots behind the main front piece to connect them together. It is those tabs, specifically the top ones, that don't stay in their respective slots on my Whiplash.

It's definitely a keeper guys, check it out! Sorry for the cell phone cam pic.

d680a98f.jpg

Come Monday when I can chat with some one on the phone Im going to order a kit to light this motha up!

Im going to use this EL wire.
FWBTF-1262F.jpg

Picked this guy up from the LCS. Wasn't too sure about it until I saw it in person. Attention to detail is amazing. I'm debating on the whole bleaching of the clothes as it seems easy enough, I am just scared to death to ruin it. We'll see.

Picked this guy up from the LCS. Wasn't too sure about it until I saw it in person. Attention to detail is amazing. I'm debating on the whole bleaching of the clothes as it seems easy enough, I am just scared to death to ruin it. We'll see.

Scroll back to one of the last posts I made on this thread, water, grocery store brand bleach and literally seconds of submersion. There's no way to screw this up.

I'm offering my second as replacement for anyone that screws theirs up. Your covered so bleach that motha!

I'm offering my second as replacement for anyone that screws theirs up. Your covered so bleach that motha!

go la....... bleach that.....
hmm maybe I should grab those pants from you so I can stop be the bad example :( How much are you looking for?
:borg:

go la....... bleach that.....
hmm maybe I should grab those pants from you so I can stop be the bad example :( How much are you looking for?

Toy anxiety has them for $11.99 plus shipping. I paid $12 total. I could sell them to you but I like offering them out to people afraid to bleach theirs. Seems to ease there minds even though there really is no worry. I don't remember yours looking bad. You just had to dye them right?

Yeah I can hold back but I used colorsafe bleach first which removed a good portion of the black charring color on the edges and my ornage just turned out less of a sharp orange :( I was thinking of maybe just dying it to get that orange color back and then maybe work on the edges and dye them black again but maybe its just better to start from scratch. I can certainly hold off until a few more gain confidents and succeed before taking it off your hands ;)

Toy anxiety has them for $11.99 plus shipping. I paid $12 total. I could sell them to you but I like offering them out to people afraid to bleach theirs. Seems to ease there minds even though there really is no worry. I don't remember yours looking bad. You just had to dye them right?

Wow you are really encouraging. :clap:goodpost:

Yeah I can hold back but I used colorsafe bleach first which removed a good portion of the black charring color on the edges and my ornage just turned out less of a sharp orange :( I was thinking of maybe just dying it to get that orange color back and then maybe work on the edges and dye them black again but maybe its just better to start from scratch. I can certainly hold off until a few more gain confidents and succeed before taking it off your hands ;)

I lost a little black too, so I water down some black gesso and touched up the edges. I also darkened up his leather straps. They looked a little too clean and need from what I saw on screen.

Ok, i think I'm going to go for it in the next few days. I'll keep you guys posted.

Back