MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1st post :)

Just ordered this today. Love the classic look, and wanted one with the flip up helmet for RDJ's face. The first Iron Man kinda launched what we are enjoying in theaters in recent years IMO.

I'm 48, but forever 13 mentally I think :) :) So I'm wading in a touch later than most here, I'm guessing.

Dig the forum. I've been lurking and reading waiting for my account to be activated.

Edit: Oh yeah, also have Deadpool pre-ordered, and just paid out the butt for the Avengers Loki on eBay. :thud:

Welcome to the boards. People surround themselves with things they find beautiful and these figures for us are no different.

View attachment 211354

Mine just came today. Spent all day trying to find a pose for it. Wasn't having much luck for some reason. Suddenly I got this going and I'm going to stick with it for now.

Love this picture, the colors really pop!

Haha ... I've succeeded in getting just one of the four air flap covers off. I'm in no rush to make another attempt.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

can someone help explain to me the best way to get those little pieces of plastic tape off the air brakes without ripping it apart and throwing it out a window?

I know it's a giant PITA! I used a small knife to separate the tape and when I was able to grab a corner then I peeled them apart. Be patient though.

I struggled with the first one, then realised if you run a small knife along the hinge of the flap where it joins the back of the figure, you can lift the plastic away from the flap and it separates pretty easily. Just be gentle and don't scratch the metal.

Just received mine.
My crits, apart from all comments about articulation.
Proportions are wrong. Too bulky on the chest and upper part. Not comprensible not having any articulation there.
Too wide shoulders consecuence of the width of the chest/torso and too separate arms also.
Top red part of the helmet shape is wrong. Too wide and too V shaped. Same as mark 7. Why??
Not accurate red color and shine.
"Panties" part is too short/small in height and center part too narrow compared to screen armour.
All the rest is fine :) Not too dissapointed but Hot Toys wasted an oportunity to make the best mark 3 v2. Pitty.

Mine's at the UPS store! Just a quick stop at the gym and he's all mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just received mine.
Proportions are wrong. Too bulky on the chest and upper part. Not comprensible not having any articulation there.
Too wide shoulders consecuence of the width of the chest/torso and too separate arms also.
Top red part of the helmet shape is wrong. Too wide and too V shaped. Same as mark 7. Why??
"Panties" part is too short/small in height and center part too narrow compared to screen armour.
All the rest is fine :) Not too dissapointed but Hot Toys wasted an oportunity to make the best mark 3 v2. Pitty.

It looks pretty accurate proportion wise to me, to the full practical suit they made. It will never ever be perfect becuase this suit was designed in a way it won't ever work as a suit on a full grown man in reality, the CG suit is intentially designed that way. Not sure what you are comparing it to.

Just received mine.

Exactly how I see it in pics, especially when standing next to other figs. That chest/breast plate looks HUGE, definitely not how I remember ever seeing it on film. Granted, the suit is never always the same on film but I don't recall it standing out to me like it does on this doll. I'll have mine in hand tomorrow to make final judgement but I don't expect to feel differently.

Which version? The hero suit is different from the CG version, and the stunt suit is probably different again.

I would like to see a comparison picture accurate in proportions with the figure, really would love it.

It looks pretty accurate proportion wise to me, to the full practical suit they made. It will never ever be perfect becuase this suit was designed in a way it won't ever work as a suit on a full grown man in reality, the CG suit is intentially designed that way. Not sure what you are comparing it to.

I'm not complaining. I purchased it and will try to enjoy as the rest of my figures.
I waited so long for this figure that my expectations were high.
Is the mark 3!! Just giving my opinion about first feelings. IMO, proportions are off. They should have followed the CG references as long as is the suit that appears in almost all the scenes.
Slimmer chest, closer shoulders and arms, accurate helmet and slightly bigger panties. The chicken leg effect is not very attractive :)
Anyway, I repeat. Don't know what suit are you referring to say is accurate. Would like to see it, sincerely.
Again, just my opinion :)

Last edited:
Exactly how I see it in pics, especially when standing next to other figs. That chest/breast plate looks HUGE, definitely not how I remember ever seeing it on film. Granted, the suit is never always the same on film but I don't recall it standing out to me like it does on this doll. I'll have mine in hand tomorrow to make final judgement but I don't expect to feel differently.

Agree. Even with all those "issues", is not a bad figure. I'm sure you will enjoy it as an IM fan.

Just received mine.

Yes! If you're looking at if from head-on, he looks like he has a barrel chest and skinny legs. It's not nearly as noticeable from a 3/4 or side angle.

Back