MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
InstagramCapture_044a2ec2-e30b-4814-9f02-1002d92ad02a.jpg

I'm loving this guy!

Well, the torso can't turn to its right. :lecture Though the left twist is better than you'd get with some other IM figures, so it's a bit of a draw. If it's posed by itself, that makes little to no difference. If it's part of a diorama though, that might involve switching around the orientations of some other figures. Limitations suck, but they do also force creativity.

I get it can't turn at the torso. But neither do most hot toys. Iron man or not. And the movement they do have is often very limited, and it won't stay in that twist pose.

I actually find that this figure looks the best fitting for the Robert Downey Jr. head sculpt. I find with the others he does look out of proportion to the bulkier suit. That is just me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheater...mine won't be at the UPS store until Thursday. :lol I say you work till lunch and catch a cold. :rotfl

take marvel's advice....heck, just bail, man :lol

Well...I am sick. Sick of waiting for this figure, that is. :lol

Excuse me, Ced? (boss) I think I'm feeling a little...ahh...ahhhhh...CHOOOOO! *limps blindly out the door with a hand full of tissues, then runs full speed to my car* :rotfl

Well...I am sick. Sick of waiting for this figure, that is. :lol

Excuse me, Ced? (boss) I think I'm feeling a little...ahh...ahhhhh...CHOOOOO! *limps blindly out the door with a hand full of tissues, then runs full speed to my car* :rotfl

Put some hand soap under your eyes and talk while not breathing out of your nose...that'll sell it! You could be home opening your Mark III in like an hour! Plus, you could probably swing this into a day off tomorrow and you'd have all day to play with him too! :yess:

Put some hand soap under your eyes and talk while not breathing out of your nose...that'll sell it! You could be home opening your Mark III in like an hour! Plus, you could probably swing this into a day off tomorrow and you'd have all day to play with him too! :yess:

I really, really like the way you think. :rotfl

It's only four more hours. I think I can make it. I think? :panic:

I got mine today. The shoulder gaps bother me more than the lack of torso and ankle articulation. The paint is shiny and my Iron Monger finally has his adversary so I'm satisfied with it.

Finally opened him last night and this Mark absolutely has the most eye catching paint job out of any of the armors. I didn't notice anything with the ankles either. I was expecting him to not be able to stand like Arkham Batman but not the case at all.

I get it can't turn at the torso. But neither do most hot toys. Iron man or not. And the movement they do have is often very limited, and it won't stay in that twist pose.

The only way you turn the torso is by swapping parts.

Just got mine today and I'm in love with it! My first Hot Toys Iron Man and I feel like I made a great choice.

One issue though, when I first put the batteries in the helmet it was extremely bright, but after a few mins of posing and whatnot it dimmed a lot. Is there a fix to this at all/will it fix itself or is it defective?

The only way you turn the torso is by swapping parts.

Right. Got that. Lots of figures have features that are swappable. But that's not what was saying. Yes, it has limited torso articulation. Which results in no real loss. I can still get it(by whatever means) into any pose I want. It can do any pose that Thor, Cap, Hulk, most IM and other figures can do. More then most of those in fact. To me it's the equivalent of complaining your car only goes 199 not 200mph. It's still faster then nearly everything else. And you knew going in it would do 199(or had no torso articulation). And the figure it's updating didn't either. As I said, i just don't think it matters. I still, months after this whole topic started, have yet to see anyone show a pose it can't do and another can and explain why it's so bad to not have the torso twist built in. I think it's over blown.

One issue though, when I first put the batteries in the helmet it was extremely bright, but after a few mins of posing and whatnot it dimmed a lot. Is there a fix to this at all/will it fix itself or is it defective?

The standard batteries they ship with the figure don't last long at all. But it could also be a defect with the figure. My last 2 Iron-man figures had some sort of defect where the light would stay on even though the switch was off...

So to be safe, I'd head over to Amazon, or your nearest store and get some decent batteries, if the problem remains contact sideshow and see if you can get a replacement.

The standard batteries they ship with the figure don't last long at all. But it could also be a defect with the figure. My last 2 Iron-man figures had some sort of defect where the light would stay on even though the switch was off...

So to be safe, I'd head over to Amazon, or your nearest store and get some decent batteries, if the problem remains contact sideshow and see if you can get a replacement.

Ahh good to know, I'll grab some new batteries after work tonight and see if it helps. Thanks for the response!

FINALLY got this guy today. This figure looks stunning. The colors, the proportions, the accessories...I love it! I didn't attempt the ground-pound pose tonight, but I will in the next couple of days. I'm very happy with this one, and I'm gonna add it to my "Top 3" favorite Iron Man figures thus far.

IMG_7112.jpg

IMG_7110.jpg

IMG_7115.jpg

IMG_7118.jpg

IMG_7119.jpg

Back