MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh the MKIII is to short compared to and weighs just the same as Igor
aaacda6a0c46aee2e404d86d2dbd924c.jpg

lol, Bran....I'll take it if you don't like it :lol

lol, Bran....I'll take it if you don't like it :lol

:lol it's honestly a meh release for me.

My notes:

Not much to offer in terms of anything new compared to previous releases. Would've been better if they had a whole unmasked sculpt.

It'll probably get lost in a Hall of Armor :lol

It's an improvement over the BDIII but I'm still happy to own mine. I was hoping this one would've made me like, okay bye bye BD3 you're going up for sale

I just noticed that the spring is broken on his left shoulder. Actually I noticed the right shoulder pad was spring loaded and noticed the problem with the left by comparison. It still looks fantastic but it feels like it has this big blemish now, except it's nothing you can see and functionally the shoulder pad still rotates and stays wherever I put it. Anyone else have a figure with a shoulder(s) like this?

Mine doesn't. Sorry to hear yours does.

:lol it's honestly a meh release for me.

My notes:

Not much to offer in terms of anything new compared to previous releases. Would've been better if they had a whole unmasked sculpt.

It'll probably get lost in a Hall of Armor :lol

It's an improvement over the BDIII but I'm still happy to own mine. I was hoping this one would've made me like, okay bye bye BD3 you're going up for sale

I can definitely understand. Do you have any Stark heads that you can put on it? I can't remember, but who was it that said and showed (if memory serves) that the newest Stark head sculpt with the MK VII neck post fits AND looks good on the new MK III? Maybe you could do something like that to improve it?

I can definitely understand. Do you have any Stark heads that you can put on it? I can't remember, but who was it that said and showed (if memory serves) that the newest Stark head sculpt with the MK VII neck post fits AND looks good on the new MK III? Maybe you could do something like that to improve it?

I got the IM3 Workshop Tony, I may try that see how it works, it'll be weird since it's not his IM1 hair :lol I'll look into it.

Still.. The Mark IV is better in my opinion, it had donuts and glasses and a full stark sculpt :rotfl

I got the IM3 Workshop Tony, I may try that see how it works, it'll be weird since it's not his IM1 hair :lol I'll look into it.

Still.. The Mark IV is better in my opinion, it had donuts and glasses and a full stark sculpt :rotfl

Yeah, that's true, not having the first IM look of Stark. Gotta be something with all these parts and sculpts that'll work :lol

edit....someday you just may have a new version of the 4, too :pray:

The only first 7 suits I have now are 3 and 6 so Im ready fir the die cast reissues.

Yeah, that's true, not having the first IM look of Stark. Gotta be something with all these parts and sculpts that'll work :lol

edit....someday you just may have a new version of the 4, too :pray:

Which won't come with donuts :lol

I'm honestly very happy with my Mark IV

New guys who don't have him will just have to hunt them down, it's just part of the hobby :wink1:

New guys who don't have him will just have to hunt them down, it's just part of the hobby :wink1:

:lol true, it probably wouldn't. Maybe the new version would come with a giant "Randy's Donut's" backdrop or partial base-like feature. That would be an awesome display if he could be posed inside that.....eating donuts from the first release :lol

The IV is a good one to have, for sure :lol

:lol true, it probably wouldn't. Maybe the new version would come with a giant "Randy's Donut's" backdrop or partial base-like feature. That would be an awesome display if he could be posed inside that.....eating donuts from the first release :lol

The IV is a good one to have, for sure :lol

I'll take a watermelon actually and a dj table :rotfl

Speaking of hunting down the original releases of the original seven, I finally lost patience. The hunt is now in progress. :rotfl

My Mark VII and my newly acquired Mark V (thanks again Sikatar!) are waiting anxiously to befriend my Mark III, which arrives on Monday. :D

IMG_7092.jpg

Off topic... but pics?? Lol. Aesthetically I think the Mark IV is the "definitive" Iron Man, shame it was only used to fly through some fireworks and fight Rhodey.

Glad to have this one .

Attachments

• DSC_3907.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 217
  • DSC_3908.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 217
The Mark IV looks slightly better to me than the III, but it did so little in the movie that I have no attachment to it (like the XLV). The donuts are a pretty nice accessory though (one of the big reasons why I was considering getting the figure... though it would've been cheaper just to buy the donuts).

Anyways, back on topic... I've been tinkering with the figure for a week now, and I'm starting to settle on a pose I like. So here are some pictures, featuring a Rocket and Groot cameo (and I realized the chest plate was coming loose after the fact, so feel free to ignore that).

Dynamic "Reindeer Games":
mark3-1.jpg

mark3-2.jpg

And switching out the left hand for an articulated one (I'm partial to this pose):
mark3-3.jpg

mark3-4.jpg

I may switch the right hand for a repulsor hand at some point, but I like the forearm rocket at the moment.

Back