MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about this figure till I saw the review; I'm not a fan of the arm gaps and the way the head looks on the neck...I may stick to the plan and get War Machine MK II.

I had so much expectation for this figure and the bloggers' pictures really got me hyped. I am a museum pose guy, so I am not bugged by the torso. But after seeing the videos closely, I really cannot stand the arm gaps.
If HT is ever gonna announce a diecast mark IV or VI, hope they do it soon.

When they first announce this everyone was like "F-yeah! Ordered!", and now everyone turned their back on this. :lol

When they first announce this everyone was like "F-yeah! Ordered!", and now everyone turned their back on this. :lol

It's the usual cycle that happens every Hot Toys Iron Man release:
  • Announcement - Hell yeah I'm getting this/Iron Man again?!?
  • Proto pics - "The proportions are off...."
  • Price announcement - "That's too expensive...." (rambles on the good old days when they cost less than $200
  • Wait to release - Talks about off-topic things, sometimes talks about its price and movie inaccuracies
  • Release - "Hell yeah my figure is coming/Why didn't I pre-order this?"
  • Figure on hand - Sees photos from owner, starts wanting one (if they didn't already want one)
  • New Iron Man out - forgets about this figure for the newest and greatest Hot Toys release (cycle starts for that figure)
  • Figure sold out - Buys it aftermarket at ludicriously high prices :D

Yeah the shoulder gap is kinda annoying even if it was meant to give better articulation. I mean the proto had no so such gap, i don't think any iron man has had such a gap except maybe the 42.

I'm really not digging the shoulder gaps. At all.

:horror:horror:horror

gap.jpg

So let me get this straight... No torso movement of any kind without switching plates, and no ankle articulation?

so basically they just reuse the previous version mark 3 design. same articulation.
just improve the body proportion. and add a few diecast parts!
easy money for HT! :dunno

even KA's 1/9 mark 3 has ab articulation! Howard should be ashame of himself!
although KA's is just a prototype, PO not started yet.

ka mark 3 1-9.jpg

I'm a museum poser, but even in museum poses, ab articulation helps in making a more natural neutral stance, which can also help in giving balance to the center of gravity, making figures stable even without the aid of a stand.

I really want this figure, but even after seeing the reviews and the figure on display at a local shop I still can't get myself to really love it. Even standing there, yes it looks good, but you know it's not constructed as the other IM figures you have on your shelf. That swap-out ab system is not forward thinking for me, as if it's made to make the ground pose perfect. I can't help but think that it's made this way because it's the same thing hangin in chains on that construction version release. Everybody talks about the shoulder gap, but in Xenomorph's reviews you could see that a gap between the waist and the pelvis can be seen, and that's because you really have to make the ab part sit flush, something you shouldn't be doing if it were a well-engineered figure, like the previous releases.

Back