MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the review Xeno. Id like to see some more comparison shots. Do you have any pics with the MK3 standing side by side with any of your other IM armors?

Thanks, X. I'm getting it and will be very happy with it.

The gap between arm and torso can easily closed with the shoulder pads, they're all moveable and definately meant for hiding the gap. The missing abs crunch is definately a step back, which i didnt realized during reviewing...also the amount of diecast pieces really can lead for discussion and probably the term "diecast" figure is a bit misleading on this figure. The diecast pieces are only these: the thighs, kneed and the shin guards...and maybe some small parts on the torso (the metal bars around on the upper chest). So this is really a letdown..i was so thrilled from owning a mark III when doing the vid that I totally missed this. ;)

Some more photos:
5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

12.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

So as you see here the gap is really not noticeable:
11.jpg

Not to be rude, but can you not see the pic right above your post that shows you can close them? I just got WM and you can adjust the shoulder armor on that.

nope never done a transfer before which is why i'm asking as i dont know the rules about that. I hate to cancel this as it does look nice and it has the classic look.

Then you're in luck. Everyone gets one transfer of an NRD to another order. Only snag might be if you have it on flex, as flex carries its own penalties that are actually more costly than the NRD (if you pay the NRD it waives the flex penalties). Still if it's your only cancellation I'm assuming they will waive them and transfer your NRD over to the other figure.

well i'm in luck then as its full pay and not flex, its just i have to decide if i want to keep this or get raiden instead. I had considered the mk43 but damn that thing is expensive.

The gap between arm and torso can easily closed with the shoulder pads, they're all moveable and definately meant for hiding the gap. The missing abs crunch is definately a step back, which i didnt realized during reviewing...also the amount of diecast pieces really can lead for discussion and probably the term "diecast" figure is a bit misleading on this figure. The diecast pieces are only these: the thighs, kneed and the shin guards...and maybe some small parts on the torso (the metal bars around on the upper chest). So this is really a letdown..i was so thrilled from owning a mark III when doing the vid that I totally missed this. ;)

Some more photos:
5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

12.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

So as you see here the gap is really not noticeable:
11.jpg

Hey. Great pics.

The issues you brought up...if you never even noticed or knew about them till someone pointed them out, after you had posed and played with the figure for long enough to do a full video review..doesn't that kinda indicate that they are just nit pick items that really have no effect on the figure? Most of the people complaining about it have never even seen it in person.

You enjoyed it. Got it into all the poses you wanted. And liked it. The issues you bring up where ones someone else brought up to you. So who really cares? I don't get the hate for this. Have yet to see an actual pose this can't do that makes the ab crunch an issue. The 43 I got in the same day and it's torso has almost no more movement.

^^^ That's the case with a lot of things, including movie trailers too. It is a figure after all, you play around with it, pose it however you like it, and you can work with the flaws sometimes where they are not noticeable. It's part of the fun, for me at least, otherwise I'd just get statues only. I already know how I will pose this guy and I think it will look just fine, probably gonna keep the order until a Mk7 DC comes out, then I will have to make a tough decision...:lol

I think it will be awhile for a DC MK7. It was a well done figure all they could really improve is the articulation, get ride of the rubber in the arms and HS.

I thought the 42 was just fine, only issue I had was I could never get in it the 3-pt pose where the head wasn't facing down. The DC MkIII looks like he can look up, which I'm happy about. The 43 I imagine is just a repaint of the 42, no?

I think it will be awhile for a DC MK7. It was a well done figure all they could really improve is the articulation, get ride of the rubber in the arms and HS.

True. It was my favorite armor. I ended up selling mine for the DC MkIII so I hope it will eventually be made.

well thanks for the input AIR, i really should just go ask in the iron man thread mk43 thread. I honestly feel like waiting for that 1/4 mk43 though. It looks very impressive.

Back